The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
July 12, 2020, 10:13:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 12, 2020, 10:13:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: I broke A rule, can you please fix it  (Read 2361 times)
i didnt know this existed
Apprentice
Last Login:May 15, 2011, 09:16:11 pm
United States United States

Religion: N/A

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: February 28, 2011, 08:05:27 pm »

I posted a link someone gave me directly under this post and I donít know how to fix it and make it all better and I read a rule about posting links. Cna someone fix it  please.
Iím sorry.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Marilyn (ABSENTMINDED)
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 06, 2013, 08:12:28 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: free-flowing animist, Dudeist Priest
TCN ID: Absentminded

Blog entries (11)

« Reply #1: February 28, 2011, 08:23:01 pm »

I posted a link someone gave me directly under this post and I donít know how to fix it and make it all better and I read a rule about posting links. Cna someone fix it  please.
Iím sorry.

It wasn't for a commercial site and it was pertinent to the discussion.  That falls within the rules so you don't have to worry.  Most of the rules have the reasoning behind them explained, and exceptions noted.  A more careful reading might save you from future worry as well, and you can always post a question or PM a staff member when you aren't sure if what you want to do is 'legal' or not.

Marilyn
Board Staff

"There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure."
- Jack E. Leonard

Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light.

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in

L Cohen
i didnt know this existed
Apprentice
Last Login:May 15, 2011, 09:16:11 pm

Religion: N/A

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: February 28, 2011, 08:44:27 pm »

It wasn't for a commercial site and it was pertinent to the discussion.  That falls within the rules so you don't have to worry.  Most of the rules have the reasoning behind them explained, and exceptions noted.  A more careful reading might save you from future worry as well, and you can always post a question or PM a staff member when you aren't sure if what you want to do is 'legal' or not.

Marilyn
Board Staff
Thank you. Went back over there and found
It is not considered advertising to post a direct link to (or information about) a business or product in response to bona fide question in a message thread (as long as one discloses any interest one might have in the business/product). Nor is it considered advertising for regular posters on our message board to post a link to an item or business to discuss it.
Thank you for answering it though. I would have continued to stress if I couldnít find it.
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:June 23, 2020, 07:47:48 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #3: February 28, 2011, 10:44:28 pm »

Thank you. Went back over there and found
It is not considered advertising to post a direct link to (or information about) a business or product in response to bona fide question in a message thread (as long as one discloses any interest one might have in the business/product). Nor is it considered advertising for regular posters on our message board to post a link to an item or business to discuss it.
Thank you for answering it though. I would have continued to stress if I couldnít find it.

We're trying to stop spammers, not prevent real members from posting helpful links in response to questions or discussion. Smiley

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)