The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
December 03, 2020, 06:15:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 03, 2020, 06:15:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Runes?  (Read 3844 times)
Lysippe
Senior Newbie
Last Login:March 11, 2011, 12:49:18 pm
United States United States

Religion: Good Question

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #15: March 05, 2011, 11:05:19 am »

Would it be OK to use runes as a divination tool I have both a set of Tarot and runes. I know Tarot is more likely the better choice but I was wondering which would serve as a base better? Plus I plan on getting a pendulum at some point soon.

As everyone else on this thread has said, i feel it depends too.

For me runes work. Tarot has never ever EVERRRRRrrrr worked for me in anyway. The runes, however, have worked quite perfectly for almost 10 years for me.

If you do choose the runes, my experience (though may differ with other people) is this:
-Only do a casting once per day, max twice. Anytime after that they just start telling you whatever you want to hear.
-It's great to make them out of your planetary stone (mine: jasper)
-Elder FUTHARK is awesome, my choice.
-Start with the one rune casting and make your way up. When you get into the actual casting of when you toss the whole damn bag on the floor and try to make sense of it, Oh man it gets sooo complicated (you want to probably wait until you're close to being a runemaster before you do that).
-After that, you can get into bindrunes. and if you think the toss-the-bag casting is complicated, wait until you get into bindrunes. My only successful bindrune i ever made came to me in a dream.

If this sounds too complicated or boring, perhaps you should stick with the tarot (which you like better anyway). I've known people where only tarot works for them and the runes don't.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

KollaWitch
Senior Newbie
Last Login:March 22, 2011, 07:26:23 am

Religion: Nil

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #16: March 06, 2011, 08:49:38 am »

As everyone else on this thread has said, i feel it depends too.

For me runes work. Tarot has never ever EVERRRRRrrrr worked for me in anyway. The runes, however, have worked quite perfectly for almost 10 years for me.

If you do choose the runes, my experience (though may differ with other people) is this:
-Only do a casting once per day, max twice. Anytime after that they just start telling you whatever you want to hear.
-It's great to make them out of your planetary stone (mine: jasper)
-Elder FUTHARK is awesome, my choice.
-Start with the one rune casting and make your way up. When you get into the actual casting of when you toss the whole damn bag on the floor and try to make sense of it, Oh man it gets sooo complicated (you want to probably wait until you're close to being a runemaster before you do that).
-After that, you can get into bindrunes. and if you think the toss-the-bag casting is complicated, wait until you get into bindrunes. My only successful bindrune i ever made came to me in a dream.

If this sounds too complicated or boring, perhaps you should stick with the tarot (which you like better anyway). I've known people where only tarot works for them and the runes don't.

I'm thinking I'm going to stick to runes but I would like to get a new set at some point. For the moment mine work fine. I ended up drawing Loki's rune twice the other day not to mention his name is popping up from time to time now. I have to wonder A:Whats up with that. B:What on earth could the god of fire/mischief want with me of all people? I mean Maybe he is trying to get in touch with me for some reason or another. Maybe he is just pulling my leg. I guess time will tell that tale. In the mean time I need to start studying the Elder Futhark, any links I can bum off any one? I mean I know google is everyone best friend but why search if some one dug it up already?
rantynaru
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:July 17, 2011, 04:31:56 pm

Religion: agnostic
TCN ID: rantynaru

Blog entries (0)

Rani Johnson

Ignore
« Reply #17: April 22, 2011, 02:17:19 pm »

Would it be OK to use runes as a divination tool I have both a set of Tarot and runes. I know Tarot is more likely the better choice but I was wondering which would serve as a base better? Plus I plan on getting a pendulum at some point soon.

Pendulum substitute that I found works: Any fave necklace you have that has a pendant on it? Like a heart, cross, snowflake...you get the idea?

I have used these in the past:
A cross necklace, it was Celtic cross.
I am currently using a silver chain necklace with a heart and snowflake pendant on it.
Any necklace that you have worn or felt really special to you, hold it in your hands to get yourself all over it...you know?
Correct me if I'm wrong.  Its worked for me!!

I am a KHK. Ask me about it.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)