The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
January 26, 2021, 03:20:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 26, 2021, 03:20:39 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Thor?  (Read 3927 times)
MysticRayne
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:July 23, 2011, 11:01:41 pm
United States United States

Religion: Heathen

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: March 11, 2011, 05:18:51 pm »

I believe that Thor is trying to get my attention and was wondering if anyone experienced with dealing with him could tell me just how subtle he is when trying to get your attention?  I've had Thor's name show up in prominent unmistakable ways, three different times in less than 24 hours time which really made me sit up and take notice considering I've suspected for awhile now that I may have misidentified the male deity that I've sensed around me.  I had originally thought the deity I sensed was Zeus, but I haven't been entirely settled on it. Something just doesn't feel...right thinking He is Zeus, even though my offerings to Zeus seem to have been accepted (though there was one instance that I sensed a bit of amusement just after the offering was made).  Whomever it is seems to be very protective, loving and overall pretty good-natured, though I sense He's not someone you'd want to make mad.  Anyone have any thoughts?

"Sometimes you need the rain in order to appreciate the sun." -Me

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Juniperberry
Master Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 02:16:19 pm

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: March 13, 2011, 03:21:12 am »

I believe that Thor is trying to get my attention and was wondering if anyone experienced with dealing with him could tell me just how subtle he is when trying to get your attention?  I've had Thor's name show up in prominent unmistakable ways, three different times in less than 24 hours time which really made me sit up and take notice considering I've suspected for awhile now that I may have misidentified the male deity that I've sensed around me.  I had originally thought the deity I sensed was Zeus, but I haven't been entirely settled on it. Something just doesn't feel...right thinking He is Zeus, even though my offerings to Zeus seem to have been accepted (though there was one instance that I sensed a bit of amusement just after the offering was made).  Whomever it is seems to be very protective, loving and overall pretty good-natured, though I sense He's not someone you'd want to make mad.  Anyone have any thoughts?

I've only had one have experienced Thor. I had heard for so long about he was one of the more accessible gods, the god of the everyman, etc. He's also one of the more popular of the Aesir and yet I didn't 'get' him. Some gods are easier to tap into, to understand what they project and encompass, and I thought Thor would be like that. Nothing.

Then one day my fifth grade came home from school and told me how a kid in his class was picking on another boy. My son is the tallest in his class, he could easily be the bully, but he told me that he walked over to the kid and told him to knock it off and that he (the jerk) wasn't any better than the littler kid. The jerk walked off and it was over. Later on I went upstairs to hang up some clothes and was thinking about it and I instantly 'got' him.

I don't relate to Thor well but he's there, looking over my sons, the essence of him is around my sons as they grow into good, strong men. I don't think Thor is the type to try and get attention but that he has presence. He's strong, he's a force.   
Juniperberry
Master Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 02:16:19 pm

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: March 14, 2011, 09:49:59 pm »

I've only had one have experienced Thor.

*Laughs*

What I meant was: I've only had one experience with Thor.

Roll Eyes
Nomad of Nowhere
Journeyman
Last Login:February 01, 2012, 01:48:26 am

Religion: Slavic Polytheist

Gdje Yarilo hodi, tu vam polje rodi.

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #3: March 17, 2011, 01:25:42 pm »

I actually started out worshiping Thor, before I got interested in Slavic paganism and ended up worshiping Perun, another storm God who is still by far the deity I feel closest to. For both deities, I have gotten very direct responses involving thunder and rain. I don't fully remember how my first rite to Thor went, but I poured libation and asked him for strength, resolve, to be a better man, etc. stuff very much in line with what Junipererry was saying about his nature. Anyway, there was a storm right afterward, which was a defining moment for me. Thor and Perun are the only deities I know of who have been so straightforward. I realize some may disagree with my association of the two, but I believe some Gods are at least made out of similar stuff, if not identical.
MysticRayne
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: March 23, 2011, 04:17:38 pm »

I don't think Thor is the type to try and get attention but that he has presence. He's strong, he's a force.  
I'll agree with this.  I've pretty well came to the conclusion after a lot of reflection and contemplation on the matter that it is Thor that I've felt around me this whole time and he does certainly have presence while not really being much for actually trying to get my attention....so far.  Other than His name popping up those few times anyhow.  Smiley

MysticRayne
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: March 23, 2011, 04:28:09 pm »

I actually started out worshiping Thor, before I got interested in Slavic paganism and ended up worshiping Perun, another storm God who is still by far the deity I feel closest to. For both deities, I have gotten very direct responses involving thunder and rain.

I haven't yet had any experiences with Thor responding with thunder and rain, but I do usually feel His presence strongest during thunderstorms. 

Legion
Journeyman
Last Login:July 09, 2011, 07:56:01 pm
Netherlands Netherlands

Religion: Norse Paganism.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: March 23, 2011, 04:43:29 pm »

From my personal experience with Thor i can say that he is very kind and loving. Though he indeed does have the aura of "I'm not to be fucked with" with him. If there's one thing he's not though it's subtle, if Thor wants your attention he WILL get your attention by any means nessesary. As for the offerings to Zeus (you thinking it was Zeus and not Thor) that'll just make him chuckle mostlikely. As he does seem to have one of the greatest sense of humour out of all the gods.

I wouldn't fear Thor though, he's a protector not an aggressor. So him revealing himself to you in any way usualy means he has a reason to protect you, or a reason to grant you the might to protect yourself or those you love. His ways are just a little awkward at times, as well... subtle is something he's not.

Honor and wisdom.
Legion.
MysticRayne
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: March 23, 2011, 08:32:25 pm »

Thank you! Your post really helped further confirm that it's Thor around me.  He truly is very kind and loving as well as very protective.  Smiley 

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)