The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
May 07, 2021, 10:29:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2021, 10:29:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: self inflicted search for no reason? * head hits desk*  (Read 2277 times)
spoOk
Master Member
Last Login:November 03, 2011, 01:16:00 am
Canada Canada

Religion: pagan?

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: March 12, 2011, 05:14:07 pm »

(wasn't sure where to put this feel free to move to possibly more appropriate spot)

ok,so I need to make a long initial post here,bear with me.
many moons ago,when I was still in high school ,I got urges and unbidden promptings from out of no where to start doing certain simple things,as like worship of sort and got big warm fuzzies and pulls from the moon. no name to it, no central religion of any sort. just,honouring the moon and bathing in the good feelings. I found a quiet spot (if you call a lump of land smack between a four lane highway quiet) to go to and got the idea to paint words on small bones and bury them at each of the four sides of the space and tie " prayer/wishes" in feather form to the trees in the area. only black grey and White feathers counted.
I developed a big lycantrhopy thing and do feel my soul is decidedly canine. at first I thought wolfly but then realised I was way too much a fan of other people and junk food to be as "wild and untamed" as a wolf is,more a stray dog sense of untamed.
anyhow,as time went on I began looking stuff up on the net to see what was out there that might match whatever the heck was doing. I found out about this paganism thing,took a longtime to detangle it from Wicca,found witchcraft and went thru the same detangle.
so I had added and continually tweaked my worship with things I found thruresearch but discarded it as it seemed not to click etc.
so in ritual I worship the moon "IZE" (I use a language I made up in high school and do all my worship in that language) and I spit the corners(thing I had been doing before research) and call the elements in and cast a circle with a wording all my own.
I believe that things that others have been doing for many years have validity and power so why mess with it if it works,so I've got all kinds of associations on my alter and use colours candles and symbols liberally where appropriate.

at some point I got it in my head thruwhat I had Been reading that during the dark moon,the moon was. not showing it's face and was further away and the energy was completely different and therefor I went on a long hunt to find a deity to fill that dark moon void.
this is when things got all wonky.
I kept having issues with the idea of needing a humanized diety to worship who is also moon related but not the moon itself,but is also equal in power or emphasis.
it niggled at me continually.
nevertheless I tried to prevail. I thought I found helle. I spent many yrs researching and spending dark moons honouring and worshiping her and never feeling very connected.
I still got my warm fuzzies during full moons,but things were off deep down,when it came to the dark moon. it bothered me cuz I felt very strongly that all moon phases were equally important and should connect tome the same. if that makes sense.

I started doing work to try bringing the deity closer to me,to connect more strongly.
it was disheartening and frustrating. during this time I eventually did further research and soul searching and got a lot of advice and came back to message board interaction for further advice and concluded that perhaps my hele upg had really been a different lady and not hele.
I had a giant lightbulb when I did a ritual asking which of three this deity might be and landed on hekate.
I had at the same time begun to involve ESHU to try and strengthen the connection to the deity in question. a lot of things happened all at once.
when I landed on Hecate it all seemed to click,except now I wasn't sure I needed eshu or perhaps he was getting in the way,I'm not used to dealing with other deities.
I've decided to keep him around to clear the way though,I like him.
I still didn't feel I was getting a good connection with Hecate even when my previous ritual had told me that,duh it's Hecate dummy,not hele.
then I was at work a week or so later and was mulling over the whle thing from beginning to end and I've had a possible DUH!!!
could it be I never needed to search for a dark moon replacement this whole time and it was merely the moon trying to get me to realize that I was already dealing with Hecate,trying to tell me that the moon deity I got warm and fuzzies from this whole time was hekate,and she was just trying to shake me to raise my stae of worship up a little higher,move on from the basic of moon worship to hekates level?
had this whole removed lamented search been all self inflicted and unneccessary,or perhaps hekate inflicted...der.

next full moon ritual I do I intend to ask and come full circle/home properly completely once and for all,if that's the case. if it's not then perhaps I just need to give the hekate connection some more time to grow.

I just get the feeling that it was like her going: YES IT'S ME!
and then when I went on to still practice worship of her separate from the full moon,she got grumpy that I still didn't get it.
LOL
I had to get this off my chest.
any thoughts from others?

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

mlr52
Master Member
Last Login:April 05, 2016, 04:47:17 am
United States United States

Religion: Unitarian Universalist
TCN ID: mlr52

ACT OF FAITH LABYRINTH

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: March 12, 2011, 06:18:18 pm »

had this whole removed lamented search been all self inflicted and unneccessary,or perhaps hekate inflicted...der.

Had you not left your resting place (pit stop) and traveled this Journey, to reach your resting place (pit stop), would you know, what you now know? 

Which would you rather have; the knowledge you acquired on the Journey, the knowledge you acquire at a resting place, or the knowledge gained from both?

Light your candle.
In Love and Service, Blessed Be.

A Notary Public for The State of New York, I Live in Brooklyn, Work in Manhattan - No Fee
spoOk
Master Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: March 12, 2011, 09:10:32 pm »

Had you not left your resting place (pit stop) and traveled this Journey, to reach your resting place (pit stop), would you know, what you now know? 

Which would you rather have; the knowledge you acquired on the Journey, the knowledge you acquire at a resting place, or the knowledge gained from both?

oh I do like the knowledge,I just hate that it took me such a long circuitous route to get there. and maybe if I had been listening better it might not have been so arduous.
ooh two big words in as many sentences,I'm wordly today.

mlr52
Master Member
Last Login:April 05, 2016, 04:47:17 am
United States United States

Religion: Unitarian Universalist
TCN ID: mlr52

ACT OF FAITH LABYRINTH

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: March 12, 2011, 10:15:56 pm »

oh I do like the knowledge,I just hate that it took me such a long circuitous route to get there. and maybe if I had been listening better it might not have been so arduous.
ooh two big words in as many sentences,I'm wordly today.

It took 38 years for God to get me to listen, a Cosmic I Beam was used (I had a heart attack).  Then it took another 5 years for me to understand, there was a message for me, (if I heard the same thing from three people, who did not know each other). 

Light your candle.
In Love and Service, Blessed Be.

A Notary Public for The State of New York, I Live in Brooklyn, Work in Manhattan - No Fee
spoOk
Master Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: March 15, 2011, 03:41:07 pm »

It took 38 years for God to get me to listen, a Cosmic I Beam was used (I had a heart attack).  Then it took another 5 years for me to understand, there was a message for me, (if I heard the same thing from three people, who did not know each other). 

well,ok,to those who are already working with hekate....

is it possible to have it feel like there are two separate deities when really it's just hekate in both instances?
I've heard of her being very changeable like that.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)