The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
May 27, 2020, 02:20:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 27, 2020, 02:20:56 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Would you be offended?  (Read 9904 times)
Ecgwine
Senior Newbie
Last Login:June 01, 2011, 04:16:47 pm
United States United States

Religion: Anglo-Saxon Heathen

Blog entries (0)

therhyno

Ignore
« Reply #45: March 24, 2011, 03:42:21 pm »

This brings up children, what will they be taught? What will they tell their grandparents, about what they were taught?

Lol, I was just trying to remark on his wedding predicament. Its good to have the questions ready, but I wouldnt spend too much time thinking about something that requires the current problem to be solved first.

Normal is just another word for average/ordinary. Please, dont be either.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

son of dhamma
Permanently Banned
Journeyman
Last Login:April 12, 2011, 10:06:37 am

Religion: -

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #46: March 24, 2011, 04:26:36 pm »

Lol, I was just trying to remark on his wedding predicament. Its good to have the questions ready, but I wouldnt spend too much time thinking about something that requires the current problem to be solved first.

The whole scenario has been hypothetical to begin with.  I think the topic was the reason for insult or not to be insulted.  I think there is a topic on the significant other with a conflicting view, Paganism/atheism perhaps.  You should post this idea there, Mlr52. 
This brings up children, what will they be taught? What will they tell their grandparents, about what they were taught?

-
catherine
Master Member
Last Login:November 08, 2013, 10:51:52 am

Religion: temporarily unavailable, renovations in progress

Gravatar

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #47: March 24, 2011, 04:38:57 pm »

If that's not anyone's view then that's okay but there is no need for anybody to respond to another person's view in such strong defiance.

I think you are confusing disagreement with defiance here. Defiance implies an opposition to authority. Since you aren't in a position of authority over me, I'm not being defiant.

Does that help somewhat?

Not really, no.  I guess a better way to phrase the question would be, what does trespass of the order of the divine mean to you? How does making her own choices go against the order of the divine?
Thor
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:July 19, 2011, 05:41:30 pm

Religion: Vanatru

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #48: March 28, 2011, 02:21:07 am »

I am very passionate about my faith, and all I ask for in a relationship is that you respect my faith. 

With that being said, I've been dating this woman for about three weeks now, and she is a Christian and comes from a very traditional family.  I don't know why this came up, but weddings and marriage came up, and I told her that if I ever got married, the wedding ceremony would have to include my gods.  Apparently if her and I ever got married it would strictly be a Christian wedding.  Why, because she doesn't want her family to know that I'm Vanatru.  That also includes not mentioning my faith to her family.

I am honestly offended by this, and over the weekend I have been completing breaking things off.  However one of my friends (who is a Wiccan) told me to not let Politics (religion and politics go together in her world) get in the way of the relationship, but that doesn't remove the fact that I was offended.  I would never insult my gods by not inviting them to an important religious ceremony.

She did mention having a separate ceremony, but it felt like she mention that as a "token" to keep me happy.

Am I overreacting, or am I justifiably offended?

Well an update, I am single once again.  I won't go into details, but I felt that there was a distinct lack of trust or respect in the relationship, and it was better to end it before either one of us got too invested in it.  So, I'm back on the market, and I plan to tell my future girlfriends that I will not hide my religion, and any religious ceremony will involve my gods.  If they don't like it, then they're not worth it in my eyes. 

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

EU Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. By using this site you consent to their use.