The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
April 05, 2020, 09:58:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 05, 2020, 09:58:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Psychic Animals  (Read 2365 times)
omoyemaya
Master Member
Last Login:April 13, 2011, 12:27:33 pm
Virgin Islands, U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S.

Religion: Santeria and Boricua bohique path

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: March 28, 2011, 10:32:08 pm »

I'll admit that one reason why I ask this is because my new screenplay revolves around this theme and I would love to hear some real world anecdotes, but I also have personal experience in this realm and am curious about the experiences of others

I'm wondering about the familiar phenomenon.
  • Does anyone have any psychic or magically inclined pets?
  • Does anyone read natural omens and notice the signs in animals?
  • Has anyone had any experience with psychicly inclined or profoundly magical/mystical animals?
  • Both my mother and I are beast whispers, but she gets the common, fluffy animals like cats and dogs and birds, while I get creepies like roaches, spiders, and lizards and such. Any other whisperers out there?
  • Does anybody have any other insights or anything topical to add (or non-topical since I know how these things go)

Thanks for any input, I'll most likely give more details later.

Please help my babies with a click.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

stephyjh
Master Member
Last Login:October 01, 2013, 01:56:16 am

Religion: Celtic polytheist with Native American influences
TCN ID: stephyjh

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: March 29, 2011, 01:34:35 am »

I'll admit that one reason why I ask this is because my new screenplay revolves around this theme and I would love to hear some real world anecdotes, but I also have personal experience in this realm and am curious about the experiences of others

• Has anyone had any experience with psychicly inclined or profoundly magical/mystical animals?
  • Both my mother and I are beast whispers, but she gets the common, fluffy animals like cats and dogs and birds, while I get creepies like roaches, spiders, and lizards and such. Any other whisperers out there?
  • Does anybody have any other insights or anything topical to add (or non-topical since I know how these things go)

My furball communicates with me, but not because I'm particularly adept--rather, Imbas is a very opinionated cat who communicates his thoughts in a clear, not to say abrasive, manner. (No comments about the cat's personality mirroring that of his human, please.) It surprises me how little compunction he has about lying to me--he'll tell me that the other humans have neglected him while I've been gone, when I'm looking right at where the laser pointer (his favorite thing is to chase the light) is lying on the desk, where one of the other humans was using it to play with him. But then, he's a cat--his world revolves around himself.

Daralyn_Dahiana
Journeyman
Last Login:June 11, 2011, 03:59:44 pm
United States United States

Religion: Rediscovering my path...

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #2: March 29, 2011, 07:00:50 am »

My cat, Sophie, will make an appearance while I am doing something magically inclined. She loves to hang around while I'm cooking.

Bruce is a very independent cat. He used to come around for certain types of workings, but he spends a lot of his time outside.

Sydney, our dog, isn't very magically inclined. Actually, she prefers to stay in her crate or in another room when I'm doing something. Although, she would be the first one at my side when I'm not mentally stable for any reason, even if I'm not outwardly showing it.

When I was younger, my family had a dog named Butch. He was very protective of our family especially when other neighborhood dogs (one in particular) tried to attack us. We had to put him down do to age when I was six or seven. Fast forward six years: I was walking down the sidewalk minding my own business when a new neighborhood dog came out of nowhere and was prepared to attack me. I felt a brush of air on the back of my leg, looked down, and there was Butch growling at the other dog! He was protective even from across the worlds!

the witch formerly known as musinladi
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 09, 2020, 05:56:40 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #3: March 29, 2011, 08:12:04 am »

My furball communicates with me, but not because I'm particularly adept--rather, Imbas is a very opinionated cat who communicates his thoughts in a clear, not to say abrasive, manner.

Sounds like he's related to our Ollie -- lots to say and likes to say it loudly.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
catherine
Master Member
Last Login:November 08, 2013, 10:51:52 am

Religion: temporarily unavailable, renovations in progress

Gravatar

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: March 29, 2011, 10:45:35 am »

Hmm, I do have a lot of animal experiences that most people consider strange, but I don't think there's anything mystical or magical involved. I think it's more about learning each others behavior. If that makes sense.

For example my cat, Maia, and I do communicate pretty clearly. We've been together for almost 16 years. That's a pretty long time. So we have learned that certain sounds and actions mean certain things. We pick up on each others moods very quickly. She has always liked to be involved whenever I'm doing ritual or magic. Maybe she's attracted to the energy being raised, or maybe she just likes watching her human do stuff. And when she doesn't get what she wants, she has no problem doing whatever it takes to get my attention. She's very vocal and pushy sometimes, well, all the time really.

I also have a thing going on with some of the local birds. They've learned that when the human comes to the window, food appears. It's gotten to the point where some of them will perch on the fence and raise a racket until I put out more food. Just yesterday I looked out to check on the food supply and a robin came swooping in from two houses away, landed on the fence and started chirping at me. It was really pretty funny. I also know when there's a predator in the yard. Not because they tell me directly, but because I've learned what birds use what distress calls.

I have a fairly aggressive and brazen squirrel who would eat from my hand if I let her. But I don't think that's a good idea for her or me. I don't want to get bitten, and I don't want her to feel too safe with humans. You just never know what someone might do.

I will say that the local wildlife doesn't show the normal level of fear and caution that you would expect from them, they will get pretty darn close to me, so maybe it does have something to with magic or energy or whatever. But, I'm very reluctant to put that label on it because it's more likely it's simply recognizing behavior.
omoyemaya
Master Member
Last Login:April 13, 2011, 12:27:33 pm

Religion: Santeria and Boricua bohique path

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: March 30, 2011, 08:26:28 am »

Hmm, I do have a lot of animal experiences that most people consider strange, but I don't think there's anything mystical or magical involved. I think it's more about learning each others behavior. If that makes sense.

Interesting and useful anecdotes so far. Anymore out there?

Please help my babies with a click.
Inca
Master Member
Last Login:December 31, 2011, 11:49:06 am
Netherlands Netherlands

Religion: agnostic

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: March 30, 2011, 01:04:29 pm »

Interesting and useful anecdotes so far. Anymore out there?

Well... our cat always ran to the door right before my mother would come home, sitting right behind it to start bothering her as soon as the door inched open. (Probably a cat thing.)
One day she was late, out of the ordinary late, and some time the cat sat up, walked to the door, and right enough my mother would be there some minutes later.

The thing is, we lived close to a road with lots of traffic, and were shielded by houses all things. At the moment the cat sat up, my mother would have been quite some distance and the sound was drowned by busy city life. I just can't believe it recognised the car sound, the 'mind connection' seemed more likely.

And a book I'd like to recommend is 'thinking with horses' by Henry Blake. He experimented with his horses on ESP, and while they are small scale they are also (to me) quite convincing.
FierFlye
Adept Member
Last Login:December 14, 2013, 06:14:57 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: FierFlye

Photo Credit: http://roothieb.blogspot.com/

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #7: March 30, 2011, 09:11:04 pm »

It does, and I think that animals are way better at this than most humans. I think a lot of what people think of as magical that animals do is just them using their senses that we ignore. Not that animals never use psychic type communication, but maybe not as often as we think.

My horse can be a major brat to me. But put a child or disabled person on her, and she is an angel and beautiful dressage horse. My guess is she can tell the difference in our posture that gives her clues as to whether she needs to take care of her rider or make her rider work for her performance.

Spiritual Blog: Fier's Flame

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)