The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
March 28, 2020, 10:32:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2020, 10:32:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Can someone help me with moon phases and ritual?  (Read 4192 times)
stephaniexelizabeth
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:February 19, 2017, 03:31:50 pm
United States United States

Religion: Trad. Witchcraft Novice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: March 31, 2011, 02:59:50 pm »

I will be doing a kind of good luck ritual shortly. Not really my first ritual, but my first big ritual that is extremely important to me.
I'm not asking for general good luck. There is a college program I would like to be accepted to. Application deadline is May 29th and classes start June 8th.

I was thinking on each moon phase change (new, waxing, waning, full) I would do a ritual (that I write) pertaining to luck for this specific situation.

I know different moon phases are good for different things (waning is good for banishing, etc) but I am not sure how to write each ritual for the different moons that will help me get the full effect of each moon phase. For example, the waning moon ritual would be different than the new moon ritual because the waning moon is good for banishing while the new moon is good for new ventures, etc.

Could anyone help me with the different moon phases and maybe give me ideas of what to work on in and focus on in that specific ritual?

If you need clarification, I would be glad to try  Grin

Thanks!

“Not all those who wander are lost.” – J. R. R. Tolkien

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: March 31, 2011, 03:28:08 pm »

I was thinking on each moon phase change (new, waxing, waning, full) I would do a ritual (that I write) pertaining to luck for this specific situation.

I can't help you with the moon phases or with writing ritual, but something jumped out at me when I read your post.

Is it really *luck* that you want?  Maybe it would be more effective to be more specific -- to ask specifically for acceptance into this program and for success completing it?

Just a thought...   Smiley

~ Aster

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
stephaniexelizabeth
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: March 31, 2011, 03:47:16 pm »

I can't help you with the moon phases or with writing ritual, but something jumped out at me when I read your post.

Is it really *luck* that you want?  Maybe it would be more effective to be more specific -- to ask specifically for acceptance into this program and for success completing it?

Just a thought...   Smiley

~ Aster

Yeah, that is true.

I was thinking of using luck as the general way of putting it since the moon phases would have different ways where it would need to be phrased.

Working on the different phrasings for the different phases is driving me nuts, though  Undecided

LOL. Thanks for that thought though, and I'll be trying to develop it!

ETA: I mean, I could also just ask for acceptance into the program and success completing it every time I do the ritual (on every moon phase) but that really wouldn't be working with the phases. Hmmm..... Much to ponder. Thanks Smiley

Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #3: March 31, 2011, 03:49:05 pm »

I was thinking of using luck as the general way of putting it since the moon phases would have different ways where it would need to be phrased.

I'd be concerned about my "luck" manifesting in some other way, like maybe finding a dollar on the sidewalk or something like that, instead of helping me get into the program.   Undecided

~ Aster

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
Starglade
Adept Member
Last Login:April 02, 2012, 03:07:59 pm

Religion: Tibetan Buddhist
TCN ID: Starglade

Life is a work in progress.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: March 31, 2011, 03:50:31 pm »

Yeah, that is true.

Working on the different phrasings for the different phases is driving me nuts, though  Undecided

LOL. Thanks for that thought though, and I'll be trying to develop it!

On a very, very basic level (and keeping in mind, it's been decades since I identified as Wiccish and did any spell work), think about using the waning moon and dark moon for removing obstacles and negative influences that could affect your chances, and the waxing and full phases for bringing in positive influences and opening doors to what you really want to happen. Depending on how comfortable you are working with deities from various pantheons, you might want to call upon some of them for assistance (Ganesha, "opener of doors and remover of obstacles" comes immediately to mind).

My two cents, worth what you paid for them. :-)

The source of all misery in the world lies in thinking of oneself. The source of all happiness lies in thinking of others. -- Shantideva

My public transcript is available for viewing.
http://www.brainbench.com/transcript.jsp?pid=7189853
stephaniexelizabeth
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: March 31, 2011, 04:02:58 pm »

I'd be concerned about my "luck" manifesting in some other way, like maybe finding a dollar on the sidewalk or something like that, instead of helping me get into the program.   Undecided

~ Aster

Yeah, that is a very good point.

Thanks!

stephaniexelizabeth
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: March 31, 2011, 04:04:06 pm »

On a very, very basic level (and keeping in mind, it's been decades since I identified as Wiccish and did any spell work), think about using the waning moon and dark moon for removing obstacles and negative influences that could affect your chances, and the waxing and full phases for bringing in positive influences and opening doors to what you really want to happen. Depending on how comfortable you are working with deities from various pantheons, you might want to call upon some of them for assistance (Ganesha, "opener of doors and remover of obstacles" comes immediately to mind).

My two cents, worth what you paid for them. :-)

Thank you for these suggestions! This is exactly what I need! I'm not creative with this kind of stuff so I'm glad you could help Smiley

Thanks Smiley

Starglade
Adept Member
Last Login:April 02, 2012, 03:07:59 pm

Religion: Tibetan Buddhist
TCN ID: Starglade

Life is a work in progress.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: March 31, 2011, 04:55:04 pm »

Thank you for these suggestions! This is exactly what I need! I'm not creative with this kind of stuff so I'm glad you could help Smiley

Thanks Smiley

You're very welcome.

The source of all misery in the world lies in thinking of oneself. The source of all happiness lies in thinking of others. -- Shantideva

My public transcript is available for viewing.
http://www.brainbench.com/transcript.jsp?pid=7189853
tabi
Senior Newbie
Last Login:April 04, 2011, 07:07:52 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #8: April 03, 2011, 09:39:45 pm »

You're also going to want to work with the Moon in certain Zodiac signs (most astrology sites can help with this) but you want to work with the moon waxing in the sign of Gemini since tis ruled by Gemini...and yes I agree tisn't luck that you want as much as stating the fact that you want THIS particular program.

Waxing moon tis increasing and Gemini tis ruled by Mercury, so tis Virgo but for your purpose my personal feeling that Gem would be the better choice. A friendly and not as solid as the earthy Virgo.
blue
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:June 15, 2011, 01:09:01 pm

Religion: pantheist

*slightly otherworldly*

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: April 21, 2011, 04:01:56 pm »

I know different moon phases are good for different things (waning is good for banishing, etc) but I am not sure how to write each ritual for the different moons that will help me get the full effect of each moon phase. For example, the waning moon ritual would be different than the new moon ritual because the waning moon is good for banishing while the new moon is good for new ventures, etc.

Thanks!

keep it simple.
at the full moon i give thanks and spread blessings and welcome the moon (by whatever traditional name i feel comfortable with...i.e. april="seed moon")
at the last quarter i mark and realize there must be rain with sunshine
at the new moon i realize a time of renewal...time for a new start
at the fist quarter i mark and decide if i should continue with whatever new start arose from the new moon or not

"if you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"-albert einstein

"not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." -albert einstein

'somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.'-carl sagan

"blessed are the smile makers"-unknown

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)