The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
October 28, 2020, 04:41:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 28, 2020, 04:41:48 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: TC's Craft Supply Co-Op!  (Read 1942 times)
Juni
Adept Member
Last Login:May 18, 2015, 04:18:28 pm
United States United States

Religion: Misticism
TCN ID: Juni

Strive to be happy.

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Topic Start: April 01, 2011, 10:00:10 pm »

This idea was put forth by the wonderful Aster Breo over in my vigil thread:

Here's a thought.  I know there are several of us on TC who bead and who are thinking about doing prayer beads.  I've tried a few times and haven't gotten it "right" yet.

I wonder...  Maybe we could figure out a way to pool our resources?  I have a bunch of beads I don't especially want -- mostly stones, but some wood and other materials.  Some are the leftovers from other projects and some are strings I thought I wanted but haven't used for anything yet.  And I have half a large Ziplock full of seed beads and other small glass beads.  I'd be happy to share them, since they're just sitting in a box not doing anything useful.

Maybe we could create a craft supplies cooperative?  Cheesy

So if you have any craft supplies that you're no longer in need of and wouldn't mind giving to other Cauldronites, this is the place to do it! I'm not sure of the best way to go about organizing it- if you have ideas please chime in- but at some point tomorrow I'll pop on and post some photos of the supplies I have that are up for grabs. Smiley

.: Eleven-Pm.org .:. updated 30 June :.

"I don't go anywhere without my mutated anthrax! 'Fer duck huntin." - Futurama

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: April 02, 2011, 12:32:03 am »

So if you have any craft supplies that you're no longer in need of and wouldn't mind giving to other Cauldronites, this is the place to do it! I'm not sure of the best way to go about organizing it- if you have ideas please chime in- but at some point tomorrow I'll pop on and post some photos of the supplies I have that are up for grabs. Smiley

Maybe whoever has supplies to offer can post a listing of them, preferably with links to pics, if possible.  I have beads and some really nice, soft yarn, that I could post right away, but I won't have time to take any pics for a couple of days.

And maybe we could use the method in the Div Ex folder for people looking for supplies?  That would require setting up a Craft Co-op SIG or folder, so each person looking for supplies can post what they're looking for.  Maybe that's too complicated. 

One other thought, it would be cool to see the projects that are created with Co-op supplies.

~ Aster

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
Juni
Adept Member

Strive to be happy.

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #2: April 02, 2011, 09:46:00 am »

I think that's a great idea! For now we can use this thread, and if it ends up being used a lot where we could use more than one thread, we can ask Randall for a SIG.

Juni
Adept Member

Strive to be happy.

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #3: April 05, 2011, 04:10:39 pm »

but at some point tomorrow I'll pop on and post some photos of the supplies I have that are up for grabs. Smiley

My camera is apparently MIA, so I'll get pics up as soon as I find the damned thing. In the meantime, if anyone is looking for craft supplies, feel free to post here with your inquiries- you never know who might have just the thing you're looking for that's willing to part with it! Smiley

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)