The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
June 21, 2021, 02:05:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2021, 02:05:44 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Teacher's strike has left me flailing about in uncertainty and depression  (Read 10160 times)
Morag
Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2019, 05:54:45 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: NeoCeltic Feri/Reclaimingesque HearthWitchery
TCN ID: morag

So much more than a pretty girl.

Blog entries (0)

maitressekatje honeyfeather honeyfeather
« Reply #15: April 06, 2011, 08:03:29 am »

Going very simplisticly at this - what happens if you go looking for jobs anyway and cancel if things turn out differently? It is not the most elegant of ways but if that's what needed...

It is an option...I do have to call back Stats Canada about the Census Enumerator job, anyway.

Thanks for the idea! Smiley

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

"i am not an angry girl, but it seems like i've got everyone fooled -- every time i say something they find hard to hear they chalk it up to my anger and never to their own fear. and imagine you're a girl, just trying to finally come clean, knowing full well they'd prefer you were dirty and smiling."
--Ani DiFranco, Not a Pretty Girl.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Morag
Adept Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #16: April 06, 2011, 08:04:38 am »

I can only give the vague and slightly maddening adage of "Follow your heart."  You can't go wrong with that.

*hands over sympathy milk or sympathy almond milk (if you don't drink dairy or are lactose intolerant) for all those sympathy cookies*

Lol, I've never actually found "Follow your heart" to be all that maddening. It's never led me wrong. (I've just had to learn what my heart actually sounds like -- and I'm constantly learning that anew.)

Thank you for the almond milk! It is delicious and wholesome. ^_^

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

"i am not an angry girl, but it seems like i've got everyone fooled -- every time i say something they find hard to hear they chalk it up to my anger and never to their own fear. and imagine you're a girl, just trying to finally come clean, knowing full well they'd prefer you were dirty and smiling."
Altair
Adept Member
Last Login:December 18, 2012, 06:59:40 am
United States United States

Religion: Wiccan-ish pantheistic polytheist

Follow your star wherever it may lead

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #17: April 06, 2011, 11:36:43 am »

There is and there isn't...not in doing strictly burlesque, but in doing the other theatrical things that branch out from it as well. Melody Mangler, the queen of burlesque in Vancouver (in my view), is a big part of the Screaming Chickens Theatrical Society (which is member-run), and she does various other theatrical, film, acting-type things (including a bit in Caprica). I'm not sure if she actually makes a living from it, though.

Who did Mangler play on Caprica?

What's also interesting is that the one time I saw live burlesque, it was science-fiction-themed burslesque, at an event in the Boston area. Imagine an ample-bosomed babe doing a strip tease dressed as Boba Fett! I had my teenage niece with me, and I was a bit worried that she might be offended or might freak out, but she loved it.

Altair
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #18: April 06, 2011, 11:39:28 am »

Thank you, everyone, for the advice, cookies, chocolate tart, etc...I am feeling fat and sassy.

I have made my decision....

I've also made further decisions....

I'm awesome....

I'm feeling a lot better now that my mind is made up, and I'll be feeling 100% again once classes start up!

That's what I like to hear!

Morag
Adept Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #19: April 06, 2011, 08:24:20 pm »

Who did Mangler play on Caprica?

It was a 10-second part, during the nightclub scene in the first episode. When Lacey is walking down the hall to see if Zoe's avatar is still there, and there's that burlesque dancer with orange and yellow hair dancing in the hall and looking at Lacey like "Come here, pretty pretty..." That's Melody. (I'll see if I can get a screenshot for you when I get home from mom's place.)

I was watching it again recently and I freaked out and paused because I didn't know Melody the first time I'd seen Caprica -- but now I do, so it was a moment of "I know someone who is in Caprica! Holy crap!"

(I also had that moment when mom told me she used to work in politics with Tony Penikett, Tahmoh Penikett's (Helo) dad.)

What's also interesting is that the one time I saw live burlesque, it was science-fiction-themed burslesque, at an event in the Boston area. Imagine an ample-bosomed babe doing a strip tease dressed as Boba Fett! I had my teenage niece with me, and I was a bit worried that she might be offended or might freak out, but she loved it.

Sci-fi burlesque! Nice!

I've actually been planning on doing a BSG-themed act. I've already got three acts choreographed (a cookie monster act, a Jay act to a Clerks II medley that I've prepared (including Goodbye Horses, Naughty Girls Need Love Too, and ABC 123), and a duet marionette act with my hetero lifemate, who is also a burlesque dancer). Hetero lifemate and I have also debated putting together a Janeway/Seven-of-Nine act.

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

Finn
High Adept Member
Last Login:December 22, 2013, 02:30:14 pm

Religion: An Seanchas Fior
TCN ID: Finn

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #20: April 06, 2011, 08:42:57 pm »

I have made my decision. I've looked at it every which way, done soul searching, and more Tarot readings (and my cards were a bit more forthcoming -- yay!).

I'm feeling a lot better now that my mind is made up, and I'll be feeling 100% again once classes start up!

I'm really glad to hear this. It's such a great feeling to have your mind at ease, isn't it? You will be awesome, and your decisions will take you places where you can continue to be awesome.  Wink

Fight evil: read books.

My Spiritual Blog: An Seanchas Fior
My Personal Blog: An Seanchas Finn
Altair
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #21: April 06, 2011, 10:40:44 pm »

I'll see if I can get a screenshot for you when I get home from mom's place.

Please do!

(I also had that moment when mom told me she used to work in politics with Tony Penikett, Tahmoh Penikett's (Helo) dad.)

OMG OMG OMG, did she save anything from that era that Tony Penikett might have touched? We could collect DNA samples from it and put it to nefarious reproductive use. Because that is some damn fine genetic material.

I had a similar moment watching TRUE BLOOD. An acquaintance from many years back showed up in an episode or two from the first season as the badass vampire bartender at Fangtasia. (His character got offed soon thereafter.)

I've actually been planning on doing a BSG-themed act. I've already got three acts choreographed (a cookie monster act, a Jay act to a Clerks II medley that I've prepared (including Goodbye Horses, Naughty Girls Need Love Too, and ABC 123), and a duet marionette act with my hetero lifemate, who is also a burlesque dancer). Hetero lifemate and I have also debated putting together a Janeway/Seven-of-Nine act.

"I am Borg. I must regenerate unclothed. You will assist me. Comply."

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)