The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
November 25, 2020, 08:00:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2020, 08:00:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: The gods ate my cheese.  (Read 2542 times)
NibbleKat
Adept Member
Last Login:October 22, 2012, 03:45:56 pm
United States United States

Religion: Hard polytheist dedicated to Hermes, Sequana, and Sirona

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: April 04, 2011, 08:19:03 pm »

So, Saturday (I'm typing on a Monday), I bought a strawberry tart for the altar.  I went cheaper on the offering because I wanted a tart, too, and so I passed up the cheese and grapes that I thought were for sale for "more" than the tarts.  So, when I started to bring the tart upstairs to the altar, it broke. I immediately felt guilty, and though I might have been reading too much into it, I figured that because of my cheapness, the gods were displeased (I was being a little stingy/greedy.)

So, Sunday comes around and I get the grapes and cheese. To note, the cheese was already cut into little blocks.  I put it on the altar, made my apologizes, and later went to bed, taking up three of the four cats we have up with us into the second story rooms.

Being Ny-Quilled up as I was, since I'm sick, I only halfway noted the rattlings and rustlings coming from the room where the altar is during the night.

When I woke up, the wee duck on Sequana's side had been tipped over... and out of about 15 or so blocks of cheese, only one little block was left.

So. Either the gods ate my cheese... or we're going to have some constipated cats tonight.

Follower of Hermes!
------------------
Available for devotional and altar art commissions at http://nibblekat.deviantart.com

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: April 04, 2011, 10:06:29 pm »

So. Either the gods ate my cheese... or we're going to have some constipated cats tonight.

LOL. Think they will learn their lesson from that?

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
catherine
Master Member
Last Login:November 08, 2013, 10:51:52 am

Religion: temporarily unavailable, renovations in progress

Gravatar

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: April 05, 2011, 11:01:15 am »

Maia, my cat, has started taking offerings from my altar recently. After 16 years I guess she's finally decided she's a goddess too!
NibbleKat
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: April 05, 2011, 12:28:33 pm »

LOL. Think they will learn their lesson from that?

Haha, of course not!

Kimble, the fattest, still gets up on the counter in the kitchen to steal food, even after being yelled at and squirted with water repeatedly.  In our cats' world, food is a Supreme Deity!

Follower of Hermes!
------------------
Available for devotional and altar art commissions at http://nibblekat.deviantart.com
NibbleKat
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: April 05, 2011, 12:29:37 pm »

Maia, my cat, has started taking offerings from my altar recently. After 16 years I guess she's finally decided she's a goddess too!

Ha! What do you leave?

Follower of Hermes!
------------------
catherine
Master Member
Last Login:November 08, 2013, 10:51:52 am

Religion: temporarily unavailable, renovations in progress

Gravatar

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: April 05, 2011, 12:59:46 pm »

Ha! What do you leave?

I used to be able to leave anything at all. Even milk or cream and she wouldn't touch it. Now, it doesn't really matter what it is, she thinks it's up for grabs. She'll go after flowers, cookies, dried herbs, salt (she likes to knock my salt bowl over), water, you name it. She'll even play around with my tools sometimes.

I have really limited space, so I keep my herbs in tiny bags, in a basket, on a shelf. I woke up one night to find that she had pulled out the basket and was rolling around in the packets of herbs on floor!

She has no respect for boundaries anymore Wink
NibbleKat
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: April 05, 2011, 01:49:14 pm »

I used to be able to leave anything at all. Even milk or cream and she wouldn't touch it. Now, it doesn't really matter what it is, she thinks it's up for grabs. She'll go after flowers, cookies, dried herbs, salt (she likes to knock my salt bowl over), water, you name it. She'll even play around with my tools sometimes.

I have really limited space, so I keep my herbs in tiny bags, in a basket, on a shelf. I woke up one night to find that she had pulled out the basket and was rolling around in the packets of herbs on floor!

She has no respect for boundaries anymore Wink

What you need is one of those cabinets that you can close the doors on... the old fashioned types you'd see Christians carry around with them in the Middle Ages.

Pretty funny about the herbs, though! Silly kitty.

Follower of Hermes!
------------------

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)