The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
April 08, 2020, 04:55:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 08, 2020, 04:55:30 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: New Goddess wanting my attention  (Read 1541 times)
Celtag
Journeyman
Last Login:August 26, 2014, 10:53:11 pm
United States United States

Religion: Celtic Pagan/Welsh Recon

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: April 08, 2011, 04:20:53 am »

I have for a while now basically been serving two Gods, even though I honor all the Gods. I serve and connect with Ceridwen & Amaethon. But recently the Goddess Don has contacted me several times, and want me to worship her as well. Just wondering if any body works with her, or has more than 2 Gods that they serve. Do you find that they get in each others way, and or by serving 3 Gods, I don't want to piss one of them off.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Torkie
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:May 14, 2011, 01:22:07 pm

Religion: Nonreligious

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: April 08, 2011, 04:34:03 am »

I have for a while now basically been serving two Gods, even though I honor all the Gods. I serve and connect with Ceridwen & Amaethon. But recently the Goddess Don has contacted me several times, and want me to worship her as well. Just wondering if any body works with her, or has more than 2 Gods that they serve. Do you find that they get in each others way, and or by serving 3 Gods, I don't want to piss one of them off.

I've seen many people here speak about serving several gods, even having systems that honor one god each day.

A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
homers_child
Apprentice
Last Login:June 24, 2011, 07:38:36 pm

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: April 08, 2011, 01:54:34 pm »

Do you find that they get in each others way, and or by serving 3 Gods, I don't want to piss one of them off.

I've been experiencing this confusion and fear as well. I mainly serve Diana and her twin Apollo. Diana has been my patron for years, the first goddess to approach me and deem me hers. I sense a kind of mutual understanding that I should also honour her twin. BUT, recently I've been approached by Persephone, who is expressing compassion and a want to help me with my depression and mental illness. I've been rather reserved about letting her in, because I don't want to offend Diana by working with another goddess.

Today, I did an offering to Diana and apologized for not paying much attention to her over the past days. I asked her after the offering what her feelings were of the attention by Persephone, seeing if I could feel any negative emotions. I basically felt the strictness of Diana and her need for constant respect and attention. But I felt no negative feelings for me working with Persephone. So, what I received from the ritual was that its okay for me give offerings and attention to Persephone, but I must not forsake Diana in my thoughts and offerings.

Perhaps you could sit down with your gods and ask their feelings about the approach of this new god and try to sense what feelings, positive or negative, you receive from them on this topic. Especially if you consider them your patrons.
NibbleKat
Adept Member
Last Login:October 22, 2012, 03:45:56 pm

Religion: Hard polytheist dedicated to Hermes, Sequana, and Sirona

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: April 19, 2011, 05:57:50 pm »

I know this is about a week old, but I'll answer to it.

I used to only honor Hermes, work with him, love him, etc.  I asked for a female deity influence to come into my life in order to balance out the maleness of Hermes.

Two goddesses answered. One, I feel, was there all along, just waiting, and the other came because I called.  Now, I feel like I know Hermes (not through and through, but as well as a mortal could, with still a bit to learn, of course), but Sirona and Sequana? There's very, very little to know about them. So, I have to work with them to figure out which one is 'talking' to me, who has answered which question/prayer/etc... and while I don't think they are in conflict with each other, I do feel like -I- am having a hard time, myself.  Getting to know two new different deities who are very similar in their 'jobs' is difficult.

So, what I have decided to do is to do a rotation of working with them. I keep a mental roster in my head of who I have honored on which day, and go through it over and over again.  I haven't picked, say, "Monday for Hermes! Wednesday for Sirona!"  But I started out with honoring one when it felt right, then the next day or two... or three, moving to the next deity, spending the day with them... and then in a few days the third deity... and all around in a circle once more.

It keeps me sane, keeps me from feeling like anyone is left out or made jealous, and helps me to untangle the 'voices' and gut feelings I'm getting. (I don't actually HEAR them speak, but you know what I mean.)

So, ask your patron if there's any conflict with bringing someone else on.  And then if not, try a rotation schedule of honoring/learning, and see how that goes.

Follower of Hermes!
------------------
Available for devotional and altar art commissions at http://nibblekat.deviantart.com

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)