The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
June 15, 2019, 04:44:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2019, 04:44:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Best ways of 'powering' up.  (Read 4605 times)
rantynaru
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:July 17, 2011, 04:31:56 pm
United States United States

Religion: agnostic
TCN ID: rantynaru

Blog entries (0)

Rani Johnson

Ignore
« Topic Start: April 19, 2011, 08:46:34 pm »

A friend said that laying outside in nature and soaking up solar rays is a good way of getting positive energies.
How about sitting outside in a thunder storm? I always get goose bumps when near electrical devices or when outside in a storm.

Ways of getting natural energies for your aura/yourself?
Opinions?
Fact or fiction?

I am a KHK. Ask me about it.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

cygnus101
Senior Newbie
Last Login:June 28, 2011, 09:48:09 pm

Religion: none

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: April 20, 2011, 01:31:18 am »

A friend said that laying outside in nature and soaking up solar rays is a good way of getting positive energies.
How about sitting outside in a thunder storm? I always get goose bumps when near electrical devices or when outside in a storm.

Opinions?
Fact or fiction?
I went to a greenbelt last night and felt lots of energy there.  I realized I was in a special place, and was sort of intruding so I sat on the edge.  I couldn't go in anyway, the woods were too thick. I was really boosted there, all kinds of new thoughts about the universe came into my mind.  Wonderful!
HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #2: April 20, 2011, 08:52:45 am »

Opinions?
Fact or fiction?

Laying outside and soaking up solar rays sounds like a good way to get a sunburn, not positive energy.

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org
veggiewolf
Adept Member
Last Login:November 14, 2014, 01:04:25 pm

Religion: Hoer of Onions / FlameKeeper
TCN ID: veggiewolf

Stop it, or I'll bury you alive in a box.

Blog entries (8)

veggiewolf morningwolfe

Ignore
« Reply #3: April 20, 2011, 08:56:48 am »

Opinions?
Fact or fiction?

Is it bad that the title of your post has me thinking about Dragon Ball Z?  Wink

Ask me about FlameKeeping!

"I can't take HIS money; I can't print MY OWN money.  Why don't I just lay down and die?" - Homer Simpson
"My dream has been shattered into shards of a broken dream!" - Homer Simpson
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #4: April 20, 2011, 11:39:08 am »

Laying outside and soaking up solar rays sounds like a good way to get a sunburn, not positive energy.

(Using your post as a jumping-off point, not addressing you personally.)

And sitting outside in the middle of a storm sounds like a good way to get overloaded if you don't know what you're doing.  Also possibly soaked and ill, depending on whether you're sitting under shelter or not.

It's not that I don't believe energy in natural sources can be tapped--but I think one ought to think it through before just running around picking up whatever's lying around.  There will always be mundane considerations, and they don't go away just because you're dealing with Natural Magick (TM).  Besides that, why are you trying to raise the energy?  If you're looking to attract positivity, there are probably better ways to do that than trying to pick up excess energy (unless, of course, your whole issue is an energy deficit).  It's like...  I need to eat, and sometimes food serves a purpose beyond mere physical sustenance.  If I go around stuffing every bit of good food I can into my mouth just because it's there and accessible, though, I'm going to run into problems.

(And I confess myself to be a bit puzzled over the subject, too.  "Powering up"?  Huh )

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
rantynaru
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Rani Johnson

Ignore
« Reply #5: April 20, 2011, 05:51:54 pm »

Opinions?
Fact or fiction?

What I meant by that term, which I got from an online friend who is a witch, that the way to get energy for magic and performing magic, was to sit out or lay out in a peaceful spot outside in nature.
Another person said that sun bathing properly, not to the point of sunburn, is a good way to feel nature's aura and power, and a good place to lay back and meditate.
So, the two sounded the same to me.

Also, I did not mean Dragon Ball Z, that's hilarious!!
I liked that show but after a while it got repeatative.

What my goal is to do is 'feel the power/energy or get some power/energy in order to do a spell properly and feel that it has worked'. Once upon a time when I was 13, 14, 15 and 16, I could feel "power" when I concentrated on feeling auras and peoples 'energy'....in order to try out telepathy and sending good energy out to people like love.

I was also able to hear spirits, see them sometimes *as a ball of white or blue* and I was able to 'cleanse' someone of pain by feeling their aura and wiping it away. IME. Then I shook my hands clean after every swipe from head to torso. They claimed that they could feel the pain melt away. IME.

I also used to feel a 'third eye' but last night, when I tried a simple spell for a blessing, all I got was a head ache and pounding in ears.

Thats what I meant.
Sorry for the confusion.

rantynaru
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Rani Johnson

Ignore
« Reply #6: April 20, 2011, 05:59:19 pm »

What I meant by that term, which I got from an online friend who is a witch, that the way to get energy for magic and performing magic, was to sit out or lay out in a peaceful spot outside in nature.
Another person said that sun bathing properly, not to the point of sunburn, is a good way to feel nature's aura and power, and a good place to lay back and meditate.
So, the two sounded the same to me.

Also, I did not mean Dragon Ball Z, that's hilarious!!
I liked that show but after a while it got repeatative.

What my goal is to do is 'feel the power/energy or get some power/energy in order to do a spell properly and feel that it has worked'. Once upon a time when I was 13, 14, 15 and 16, I could feel "power" when I concentrated on feeling auras and peoples 'energy'....in order to try out telepathy and sending good energy out to people like love.

I was also able to hear spirits, see them sometimes *as a ball of white or blue* and I was able to 'cleanse' someone of pain by feeling their aura and wiping it away. IME. Then I shook my hands clean after every swipe from head to torso. They claimed that they could feel the pain melt away. IME.

I also used to feel a 'third eye' but last night, when I tried a simple spell for a blessing, all I got was a head ache and pounding in ears.

Thats what I meant.
Sorry for the confusion.

I forgot to add: When I try magic or to feel aura's, I don't get that feeling of 'hands running over me' or something like that....you know?
I guess its a defect...I don't know. I used to feel that 'oomf' but I don't anymore. Maybe its depression or something.

Monica M.
Adept Member
Last Login:August 02, 2011, 01:59:15 am
Australia Australia

Religion: trying to figure it out

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: April 21, 2011, 01:58:14 am »

I am careful about thunderstorms after nearly bieng hit by lightning once, but I do find they recharge me. Maybe more emotionally than energetically.
I also do sit outside in the sun if it's not to hot otherwise in the shade and it does help me to pull more energy into myself. I am not following a nature based path but I always feel closer to my God/dess outside and I think that helps with my energy levels too.
Torkie
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:May 14, 2011, 01:22:07 pm

Religion: Nonreligious

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #8: April 21, 2011, 03:06:12 pm »

Opinions?
Fact or fiction?

I agree that sucking up as much natural energy as possible seems... dangerous. Quite often I can't even handle the energy I raise from myself.

It seems like your goal is to draw in power so you can experience the same level of "holistic connection" that you did when you were young.

Off hand, I'm not sure it is related to energy levels. Failing to feel auras, energies, et cetera is probably an issue of practice. Did you take a break from working with energy in a while?

When I soak up more energy than usual, plenty of things happen to me, but I certainly don't feel more in tune with the energy around me.

A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
rantynaru
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Rani Johnson

Ignore
« Reply #9: April 21, 2011, 11:14:52 pm »

It seems like your goal is to draw in power so you can experience the same level of "holistic connection" that you did when you were young.

Off hand, I'm not sure it is related to energy levels. Failing to feel auras, energies, et cetera is probably an issue of practice. Did you take a break from working with energy in a while?

When I soak up more energy than usual, plenty of things happen to me, but I certainly don't feel more in tune with the energy around me.
Yes, I did take a break, I got scared off of it and was told by Christians *a few people* that witch craft was evil and satanic *aka satanism the bad one made up and mis understood by christians...* and then when I tried to pick it up here and there, I was afraid that I wasn't doing it right and then got scared off again.
So you are saying I am not 'magic retardant' but simply out of practice? Did I get that right? I do not want to be magic retardant. I get headaches and I feel void, not full of magic or energies....like I used to be.

Also, yes, I would like to be
This is right on the nail. Glad someone understood my jumbled message!!

Torkie
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #10: April 22, 2011, 01:14:38 am »

Yes, I did take a break, I got scared off of it and was told by Christians *a few people* that witch craft was evil and satanic *aka satanism the bad one made up and mis understood by christians...* and then when I tried to pick it up here and there, I was afraid that I wasn't doing it right and then got scared off again.
So you are saying I am not 'magic retardant' but simply out of practice? Did I get that right? I do not want to be magic retardant. I get headaches and I feel void, not full of magic or energies....like I used to be.

Also, yes, I would like to be This is right on the nail. Glad someone understood my jumbled message!!

I do think it is much more likely you are simply out of practice, and perhaps have a mental block from what people have told you.

If you had an energy void, it would show up in more areas of your life. I expect plenty of practice and deprogramming your block will help.

rantynaru
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Rani Johnson

Ignore
« Reply #11: April 22, 2011, 01:32:27 pm »

I do think it is much more likely you are simply out of practice, and perhaps have a mental block from what people have told you.

If you had an energy void, it would show up in more areas of your life. I expect plenty of practice and deprogramming your block will help.

Oh okay. I will try. : ) Thanks.
Void in other areas of life? How so? Example?  Like clinical depression?

Owl
Adept Member
Last Login:March 07, 2012, 02:46:28 pm

Religion: Hedgewitch?

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #12: April 22, 2011, 04:02:32 pm »

Opinions?
Fact or fiction?

I pull energy in whenever and wherever I need it.  From the planet, from the universe, it's everywhere.  And it doesn't take more than a moment.  Why would you need to go someplace special or wait for a thunderstorm?

AntlerandHerb.com
Torkie
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #13: April 22, 2011, 08:51:45 pm »

Oh okay. I will try. : ) Thanks.
Void in other areas of life? How so? Example?  Like clinical depression?

I think that would be a good example.

I'm certainly not an expert, but a lack of energy can be manifested in plenty of ways. Someone might chime in with a more experienced answer, but from what I've seen:

Never hungry/always hungry
Tired
Irritable
Illogical
Lack of drive/excitement for activities, life, work, et cetera

Some of these things are common in everyday life, but chronically speaking, shouldn't be normal. Unless you are super drained all the time, physically, emotionally, mentally, etc., I would say that an energy shortage isn't your problem.

rantynaru
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Rani Johnson

Ignore
« Reply #14: April 22, 2011, 11:53:36 pm »

I think that would be a good example.

I'm certainly not an expert, but a lack of energy can be manifested in plenty of ways. Someone might chime in with a more experienced answer, but from what I've seen:

Never hungry/always hungry
Tired
Irritable
Illogical
Lack of drive/excitement for activities, life, work, et cetera

Some of these things are common in everyday life, but chronically speaking, shouldn't be normal. Unless you are super drained all the time, physically, emotionally, mentally, etc., I would say that an energy shortage isn't your problem.

Yes, Physically Emotionally and Mentally drained, all of the time.
ALL THE TIME. I'm on anti depressants, but it is not working. I do not see a psychiatrist until June. Tired and Irritable.  Sometimes I'm okay, I feel okay when sitting outside in the fresh air.

I guess I should just go into nature and see how I feel.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)