The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
November 27, 2021, 09:42:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2021, 09:42:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Solid Astrology books?  (Read 2698 times)
Jujulinda
Journeyman
Last Login:July 04, 2011, 05:33:01 pm
United States United States

Religion: Not sure. The Universe is so vast...

Blog entries (0)

EmoFruit HelloSunshine90

Ignore
« Topic Start: April 24, 2011, 09:57:27 am »

I was wanting to know if anyone knows of any good, solid astrology books. I really like astrology but I've always been limited by the lack of books I can find on it and if they're any good. So, I come to you since you all are quite knowledgeable. I do know the history, basics and a little more. So, I don't really need a 101 book or a history book. I just want books that are in depth and don't jump around. I know there are some contradictions out there. Chinese Zodiac would be nice as well.

Anybody who is really into astrology, would you give me some recommendations? Thank you!

"Oh how wrong we were to think that immortality meant never dying."

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Jujulinda
Journeyman

Blog entries (0)

EmoFruit HelloSunshine90

Ignore
« Reply #1: April 24, 2011, 09:02:03 pm »

Nothing?

Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #2: April 24, 2011, 09:12:47 pm »

Nothing?

It's been...  ::checks timestamps::  ...not quite 12 hours since you posted your question.  Not everyone is on every day, and sometimes people need to take a little time to think about their answers before posting, or have an answer but don't have time to post right away.  As well, though most of us here aren't Christian, many of us do have Christian family and may be doing Easter-related family gatherings today, reducing the amount of time available for forum-reading to begin with.

So what I'm saying here is, don't give up yet.  Smiley  It's always possible that you might not get an answer--not every question does--but it's early to be worried about it yet.

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #3: April 24, 2011, 09:37:42 pm »

I was wanting to know if anyone knows of any good, solid astrology books. I really like astrology but I've always been limited by the lack of books I can find on it and if they're any good. So, I come to you since you all are quite knowledgeable. I do know the history, basics and a little more. So, I don't really need a 101 book or a history book.

Once you get beyond the beginner's stuff, you really need to be more specific in what you are looking for. Non-beginner Astrology books tend to be very focused on specific things.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Jujulinda
Journeyman

Blog entries (0)

EmoFruit HelloSunshine90

Ignore
« Reply #4: April 27, 2011, 09:03:06 pm »

It's been...  ::checks timestamps::  ...not quite 12 hours since you posted your question.  Not everyone is on every day, and sometimes people need to take a little time to think about their answers before posting, or have an answer but don't have time to post right away.  As well, though most of us here aren't Christian, many of us do have Christian family and may be doing Easter-related family gatherings today, reducing the amount of time available for forum-reading to begin with.

So what I'm saying here is, don't give up yet.  Smiley  It's always possible that you might not get an answer--not every question does--but it's early to be worried about it yet.

Just wondering. I'm not quite used to the cadence of this board. I'm used to really fast forums. I didn't even realize it was Easter.
Once you get beyond the beginner's stuff, you really need to be more specific in what you are looking for. Non-beginner Astrology books tend to be very focused on specific things.

I'm not quite sure what I want exactly. Just what are some good ones. Regardless of their specifics. I'm interested in learning a lot  about all of it.

RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #5: April 27, 2011, 09:18:43 pm »

Just wondering. I'm not quite used to the cadence of this board. I'm used to really fast forums. I didn't even realize it was Easter.

Part of the problem is that there are not a lot of people interested in astrology here.

I'm not quite sure what I want exactly. Just what are some good ones. Regardless of their specifics. I'm interested in learning a lot  about all of it.

I know of a good number of good non-101 books on astrology, but without some idea of what you are looking for, I have no idea what to suggest (and I don't have time to just list them all). Here are a few I have found useful:

The Astrologer's Handbook
Predictive Astrology: The Eagle and the Lark
Solar Arcs
Planets in Aspect: Understanding Your Inner Dynamics
Planets in Houses: Experiencing Your Environment Planets
Planets in Transit: Life Cycles for Living
Midpoints: Identify & Integrate Midpoints Into Horoscope Synthesis

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Jujulinda
Journeyman

Blog entries (0)

EmoFruit HelloSunshine90

Ignore
« Reply #6: April 28, 2011, 10:27:24 pm »

Part of the problem is that there are not a lot of people interested in astrology here.

I know of a good number of good non-101 books on astrology, but without some idea of what you are looking for, I have no idea what to suggest (and I don't have time to just list them all). Here are a few I have found useful:

The Astrologer's Handbook
Predictive Astrology: The Eagle and the Lark
Solar Arcs
Planets in Aspect: Understanding Your Inner Dynamics
Planets in Houses: Experiencing Your Environment Planets
Planets in Transit: Life Cycles for Living
Midpoints: Identify & Integrate Midpoints Into Horoscope Synthesis

I've noticed. Thank you very much. I appreciate it a lot. Smiley

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)