The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
May 06, 2021, 12:08:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2021, 12:08:12 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: what gives you strength or refreshes your core?  (Read 6744 times)
blue
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:June 15, 2011, 01:09:01 pm
United States United States

Religion: pantheist

*slightly otherworldly*

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: April 28, 2011, 02:31:59 pm »

for me, it's being in fresh air; taking in/feeling the wind. it clears my mind and helps me center and refreshes me.

what does it for you?

"if you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"-albert einstein

"not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." -albert einstein

'somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.'-carl sagan

"blessed are the smile makers"-unknown

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

MysticRayne
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:July 23, 2011, 11:01:41 pm

Religion: Heathen

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: April 28, 2011, 11:23:56 pm »

for me, it's being in fresh air; taking in/feeling the wind. it clears my mind and helps me center and refreshes me.

what does it for you?

The same.  Being in fresh air, feeling the wind on my face and taking a deep breath.  It helps me calm if I'm feeling stressed or upset, helps me let go of any negativity and helps me center.  I almost always feel much more refreshed and settled afterward. 

"Sometimes you need the rain in order to appreciate the sun." -Me
blue
Senior Apprentice

*slightly otherworldly*

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: April 29, 2011, 12:58:31 pm »

The same.  Being in fresh air, feeling the wind on my face and taking a deep breath.  It helps me calm if I'm feeling stressed or upset, helps me let go of any negativity and helps me center.  I almost always feel much more refreshed and settled afterward. 

thanks for your reply.

it's kind of interesting; my mother used to gain a great deal of energy from walking in/being in new york city. the family used to make jokes about how we could visibly see her gain energy and be more positive and centered from it. that environment used to do for her what feeling the wind does for you and me.

i'm thinking that people might gain energy from sources that i might not ever think of.

"if you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"-albert einstein

"not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." -albert einstein

ThtreLady
Journeyman
Last Login:July 20, 2011, 05:49:34 pm

Religion: Celtic Seeker

Blog entries (0)

thtrelady

Ignore
« Reply #3: May 09, 2011, 03:01:16 pm »

what does it for you?

Water does it for me - showers are wonderful, but immersing my feet in the ocean is the single best. Flowing water helps.
blue
Senior Apprentice

*slightly otherworldly*

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: May 12, 2011, 02:52:30 pm »

Water does it for me - showers are wonderful, but immersing my feet in the ocean is the single best. Flowing water helps.

lovely <g>

Syncearae
Journeyman
Last Login:October 15, 2012, 12:47:57 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan with Native American beliefs

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: May 13, 2011, 04:46:14 pm »

what does it for you?

It depends on what state I am in. Sometimes just meditating will do it. I get realy refreshed if I take a walk outside bare foot, it realy helps me connect with the Earth. I will lean my back up against the old oak tree and listen to and feel the beings around me. It realy grounds me. When I am feeling realy scattered I hold my kyanite or an onyx or another stone that feels right and just lay directly on the grass. Working with my garden and taking care of plants and nature does it too. All this is if I need to feel refreshed and grounded.

If I wanted more of a mobile refreshment I just go outside and feel the sun and or rain on my skin an breathe deeply. A good portion of a person's body detoxes through breathing. I feel less burdened down after I do that. When it is windy outside I stand facing the wind and let it air out my aura, bring fresh energy in and dissapate anything I no longer need. I also go running and sometimes when I do I feel like I am flying inside. Any chance I get I also whistle back to the birds or watch the squirrels and other critters scamper around.

I also love being in the water too, taking baths and standing in a rain shower. I used to go swimming but, the area I live in now has no good natural places to go swimming. I remember when we went to Vermont(my family and I), we got lost and ended up driving the senic route by a big forest. We stumbled apon a beautiful but small waterfall. I splashed myself al over with that pure wonderful water and it was like I was washing my spirit. Just being by an ocean, river, or other body of water, even better when it is moving.

There are times when I just need peace and warmth and I will light a candle or burn some inscense and watch it burn. Sometimes I build a small fire and take care of it. I feel it's warmth and vitality, and when I need to liven things up I dance and sing a little ways away from it while watching it. I also ike cooking and preparing a good meal for my family and I to enjoy. When we all sit down to Eat and we are in each other company it makes me feel good.

Sometimes my family and friends will unexpectedly snap me out of a doldrum with just the right words or invitation. The sense of community I get from them helps me get through especialy if I am having a difficult time. We all help each other like that. I don't rely on them for all my strenght however.

My faith in CREATOR and the spirits gives me strenght. I know that if I have a problem I go and talk to them. Now that does not mean that they will intantly solve it for me, but they listen and sometimes they help me out or offer advice. Just knowing they are there is a huge relief. It lets me know that even if I did lose everything material and all of my other connections they would still be there.

There are still times though when I just want to be left alone for a little while. When I give myself me time and spend time nurturing myself or relaxing refreshes me. I have established the boundary that if I am taking care of myself by taking a nap,  rubbing my feet, stretching or just otherwise giving myself some time, that I will be left alone unless it is an emergency.

Sorry this went on so long. This is what refreshes my spirit and helps give me strength. To sum it up, my connection whith all that I love and knowing that we all suport each other.

Balance that is unbalanced to maintain balance.
Life is what you make yourself (into).
Otter
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:July 11, 2011, 03:38:03 pm

Religion: Gardnerian Wicca

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: May 16, 2011, 10:19:04 am »

what does it for you?

Going on hikes, where I can really be surrounded by trees and natural features for a while, but a quick walk outdoors can help too. Also simple breathwork meditation.

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
blue
Senior Apprentice

*slightly otherworldly*

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: May 24, 2011, 02:06:50 pm »

It depends on what state I am in.

that was a great post. thank you <g>

Syncearae
Journeyman
Last Login:October 15, 2012, 12:47:57 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan with Native American beliefs

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #8: May 24, 2011, 02:11:28 pm »

that was a great post. thank you <g>

Your Welcome
 I just find that there are different imbalances that throw me off and the correct method restores me alot better than useing something else. Like if I am feeling weighted down, than letting the wind carry way the suppressive energy works alot better for me than grounding.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 02:13:30 pm by Syncearae, Reason: my computer gliched and prematurely posted » Logged

Balance that is unbalanced to maintain balance.
Life is what you make yourself (into).
sparrow125
Master Member
Last Login:July 19, 2011, 06:21:33 pm

Religion: pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: May 24, 2011, 03:59:23 pm »

Me too, although I like rivers and lakes the best. Water is definitely my element, though. Animals, too. Especially if I'm really upset, if my horse comes oer and loves on me it just makes me feel instantly happier. Smiley
harzgeist
Journeyman
Last Login:July 04, 2011, 09:23:57 am
Germany Germany

Religion: Pagan - devoted to Anann and Thor

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #10: May 24, 2011, 05:25:54 pm »

what does it for you?

I just came back from yoga class - exercising in a moderate way combined with meditation has done the trick for me every time  Smiley

Other than that, it depends on my state of mind - sometimes, especially after the rain, a walk in nature (preferrably the woods) calms me and I feel much more energetic afterwards. Sometimes it's listening to music that helps me feel stronger. Rainbow's "Stargazer" has become my personal "power song", so to speak, that I always listen to when I know I'll have to approach a situation in which I need to be strong.

And then sometimes it's being at a certain place. I spent a week in Cork in 2009, and basically from the moment that I stepped off the plane, I was at peace. I don't know what it is about the city that made me so happy and at one with myself, but I definitely felt so much better just being there *misses Ireland*

give us a creed / To believe / a night of Lust / give us trust in / the Night
Altair
Adept Member
Last Login:December 18, 2012, 06:59:40 am

Religion: Wiccan-ish pantheistic polytheist

Follow your star wherever it may lead

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #11: May 24, 2011, 05:48:01 pm »

it's kind of interesting; my mother used to gain a great deal of energy from walking in/being in new york city. the family used to make jokes about how we could visibly see her gain energy and be more positive and centered from it. that environment used to do for her what feeling the wind does for you and me.

i'm thinking that people might gain energy from sources that i might not ever think of.

I'm a cross between you and your mother, which is probably why I live the way I live: in the heart of NYC, but by the greatest of luck (certainly not thanks to great wealth!) in an apartment with a roof garden.

There is a tremendous amount of energy in NYC, positive and negative, and the key to thriving here is to know how to tap into that positive energy while insulating your life from the negative (it sounds like a cliche, but it's true). And as with your mom, I find that walking this city generates a big boost. (Heck, walking anywhere; it's almost a form of meditation for me.)

On the occasions when the negative manages to creep in, I can retreat to the roof garden, where there's boundless sky, growing things, fresh air and breezes...and I'm whole again. (I could never serve on a submarine or on a mission to Mars, spending weeks or months at a time locked in a tin can; denied air and the sky, I would be suicidal within a day, tops.)

Winter, however, sucks. Most of my replenishing sources are denied me; the roof garden is asleep and inhospitable, and in bad weather Manhattan can be such a gray torment that I end up on meteorological lockdown.

(Great question, BTW. I don't know why I'm only finding it now.)

SeaShine
Apprentice
Last Login:February 10, 2013, 01:01:17 pm

Religion: Hellenic-ish/ Stoic/Devotee of Poseidon.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #12: May 25, 2011, 12:58:27 am »

what does it for you?

Praying & connecting to my Gods.  I would be so lost without Them.
darkwhispersdale
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:March 10, 2013, 03:41:49 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #13: June 01, 2011, 05:16:06 pm »

what does it for you?

Practising martial arts, walking the dog, taking in the sea air

For what purpose humanity is there should not even concern us: why you are there, that you should ask yourself: and if you have no ready answer, then set for yourself goals, high and noble goals, and perish in pursuit of them! I know of no better life purpose than to perish in attempting the great and the impossible...

- Nietzsche, unpublished note from 1873
Ama
Senior Newbie
Last Login:June 30, 2011, 01:49:50 am

Religion: spiritually in tune, not religiously loyal.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #14: June 17, 2011, 03:21:55 am »

what does it for you?

It really depends.
In the morning, a shower seems to sort of wash away all the staleness of the day before, and get me prepared for everything. Cooking food for my roommate or my family also motivates me and gets me energized. At night, I like dim lights, and my once-daily cigarette. Then I usually meditate before I rest.

Some have a style that they work hard to refine,
and so they walk a crooked line.
But she can't understand why anyone would try
to walk a line when they could fly.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)