The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
January 17, 2021, 01:29:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 17, 2021, 01:29:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Fighting Inertia  (Read 1365 times)
Vajrakaya
Apprentice
Last Login:May 31, 2011, 08:01:08 pm
United States United States

Religion: A strange syntheis of Hermeticism, Wicca, and Mahayana/Vajrayana Buddhism

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: May 01, 2011, 09:01:45 pm »

Greetings all.

I approach this community today with a petition for counsel with respect to a magical undertaking that I have been considering for the better part of a week now. Here is the short and sweet of the issue that I wish to overcome: a combination of overly pragmatic planning (to the point where I willfully ignored those elements necessary for my personal fulfillment) and ever-increasing resentment has caused my academic procrastination to seemingly take on a life of its own. The degree that I'm working toward now, while useful in a professional sense, is absolutely worthless when measured against my drive toward self-actualization, and my subconscious resistance to completing the required work has, well, become not so subconscious.

The direct solution would simply be to change majors or concentration, but the consequence of doing so would be extended time at the university. So, I'm turning to magic in tandem with some more mundane solutions to pull me from this mess.

I like to approach magic on as many levels as possible in order to get as strong an effect as I can manage. I plan to first pull a page from the Huna catalogue and to invoke a representation of my subconscious mind (what they call the ku) while in an altered state of consciousness. Once visible, the goal is to try to convince it that getting this damned degree out of the way is really in our best interest (thus changing my belief structure in the process).

To back that action up, I'd also like to form some kind of material base to ground my magic. This is where you guys come in. Given the plan specified above, what do you guys feel is the best material route to give this magic a physical support? I was thinking of making a poppy of the ku, annointing myself with Commanding Oil to give an added weight to my words, and then compelling that aspect of myself to carry through with what we've discussed in the altered state of consciousness? Do you guys have any other suggestions that complement? Do you have any suggestions that don't? I'm not trapped in this strategy, so if you feel that you have a better method please don't hesitate to say as much.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)