The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
January 22, 2022, 12:24:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2022, 12:24:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: IMPORTANT: General Plans For The Cauldron 4.0 (Comments Wanted)  (Read 42996 times)
Zoe Moonchild
Master Member
Last Login:July 22, 2011, 06:29:35 am
United States United States

Religion: Celtic Pagan
TCN ID: Zoe Moonchild

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #28: May 06, 2011, 12:41:56 pm »

TC 4.0 Web Site: Current plans are to leave the vast majority of the material we have on the www.ecauldron.net web site exactly as it is. It will be "legacy material" that we will keep available because it is useful information and well indexed by Google and other search engines. We will not try to update the look and outdated HTML of the pages on this legacy site. We tried that and found it to be far too much work.  Instead we will create a new, modern site for new material on ecauldron.com.

As I think this would cause the least amount of stress for those involved in admin I definitely think this is the way to go.

TC 4.0 Message Board:

As SMF is the only type I have ever worked with and I am not a techy by trade or heart ... do what works. 

CauldronMUX: This will be decided by Darkhawk and those who use the MUX regularly. The Hosts aren't chat people so we'll pretty much go with whatever they want.

Not much of a chat person either and I haven't used the MUX so I can't comment. 

Newsletter: We'd like to revive the newsletter in some form as TC was much more active when it was published regularly.  However, it is a pain to produce when we have to constantly beg people to write articles for it. Reviving it may simply not be possible.

This is where I could be of some help.  I have done a lot of news and technical writing in my life.  As well I have published newsletters, although for sending through the mail.  I am not as updated on copyright stuff as I use to be but it wouldn't take much to get up to snuff if it was needed.  I have only dabbled in graphics the last couple of years but if needed I could work on those skills too.  I was into that sort of thing pretty heavily for about five years so hopefully it wouldn't take too much. 

Mainly I would be interested in helping.  With getting the nursery up and running I am usually pretty short on time.  But any type of proof-reading, editing, a graphic here or there I could do.  Writing articles on herbs, flowers, gardening, etc. would be of interest to me.  Whether for food, making your yard pretty or magic.  I love to read so book reviews might work too.  Other possible ideas swirling in my head but I'll leave it there until and if something gets going. 

Social Network:

I didn't enjoy TCN as much as I thought I would.  Like someone else said it was another place to check.  But, to be fair, there was very little going on there that I was interested in at that time.  If it had several groups and I found more than one that was of personal interest to me I might be more inclined to not mind having another place to check. 

Just on a side note ... my finances have finally taken a turn for the better.  First was lining out my kids with stuff they needed and getting my car going again but that is pretty much done now so I wouldn't mind donating something to help.  It might not be much but I know every little bit helps!  If you continued to do something like you are now with different levels of memberships for x amount of dollars I would interested in that as well.  I lurk more than I post but I have really learned a lot lurking and I think places like this are really needed.  I pay for my books so I wouldn't have an issue with a yearly fee that I could afford. 

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
it is measured by the moments that take your breath away.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

EU Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. By using this site you consent to their use.