The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
April 02, 2020, 11:45:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2020, 11:45:38 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: I have lumps, and I'm kinda scared right now.  (Read 8359 times)
erinnightwalker
Master Member
Last Login:October 04, 2012, 12:59:41 am
United States United States

Religion: Celtic Paganism

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Topic Start: May 09, 2011, 08:34:38 pm »

For no reason at all last night, I decided to start feeling around my neck and shoulders for something. There was no overt visual lump, no pain or swelling but I just got the feeling that I should really really really start feeling around my neck and shoulders. I found something. A small lump, about as big as the tip of the thumb, in the tendons and muscle between my neck and my right shoulder. I am not a doctor, but there is no similar lump on the other side.

I was worried, but I do occasionally get huge pimples so I tried to rationalize it away as either a swelling lurker or a rogue fat deposit. Today when I got home I was feeling kinda paranoid, so I kept feeling around. I found another lump, about an inch or more long, along the right side of my collarbone. Again, there is no corresponding lump on the other side.

I'm freaking out, more than a little bit, because lumps are never good. I'm waiting for my mom to get home to see just how far her insurance can cover my ass on this, and to have a second opinion. More than likely I will have a doctor's visit in my near future. If possible, I could use some happy thoughts and some ideas on what it could be. Maybe ways to figure out if it is cancer, or if there is some other reason I have lumps. I am clinically obese (I think), if that makes a difference. So... yeah  Embarrassed Not exactly the best thing I've faced so far.

New at the Nightwalking Hedgehog- Updates and General Shit with revealing new photo.

I dance upon the edge of shadow
flickering through the night.
An ember smouldering in my heart
is my only guide, my light.

Come buy my ceramics and help support The Cauldron! Click Here

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Nehet
Adept Member
Last Login:November 02, 2011, 12:07:16 am

Religion: Kemetic Polytheist
TCN ID: Nehet

Gravatar

Now 20% Cooler

Blog entries (11)

burning_tree

Ignore
« Reply #1: May 09, 2011, 08:55:19 pm »

For no reason at all last night, I decided to start feeling around my neck and shoulders for something. There was no overt visual lump, no pain or swelling but I just got the feeling that I should really really really start feeling around my neck and shoulders. I found something. A small lump, about as big as the tip of the thumb, in the tendons and muscle between my neck and my right shoulder. I am not a doctor, but there is no similar lump on the other side.

((((Erin))))

Prayers coming your way!
Caroline
Master Member
Last Login:October 07, 2011, 11:24:24 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: polytheist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: May 09, 2011, 08:56:46 pm »

I'm freaking out, more than a little bit, because lumps are never good. I'm waiting for my mom to get home to see just how far her insurance can cover my ass on this, and to have a second opinion. More than likely I will have a doctor's visit in my near future. If possible, I could use some happy thoughts and some ideas on what it could be. Maybe ways to figure out if it is cancer, or if there is some other reason I have lumps. I am clinically obese (I think), if that makes a difference. So... yeah  Embarrassed Not exactly the best thing I've faced so far.

It's best to have it checked out, of course, and I'm not a doctor, but your description brings something I have to mind - a lipoma. They usually aren't painful or become cancerous later and while they can show up anywhere, they are often found on the upper arms, neck and shoulder (and often in numbers). Hopefully this is what your situation will turn out to be and I thought I'd mention it in the hope it eases your immediate worry a bit.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 09:01:44 pm by Caroline, Reason: clarification » Logged
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #3: May 09, 2011, 08:57:08 pm »

I'm freaking out, more than a little bit, because lumps are never good. I'm waiting for my mom to get home to see just how far her insurance can cover my ass on this, and to have a second opinion. More than likely I will have a doctor's visit in my near future. If possible, I could use some happy thoughts and some ideas on what it could be. Maybe ways to figure out if it is cancer, or if there is some other reason I have lumps. I am clinically obese (I think), if that makes a difference. So... yeah  Embarrassed Not exactly the best thing I've faced so far.

(((Erin)))  FWIW, while lumps certainly aren't "hey, let's have a party", they're not always anything to worry about either.  Hubby has several benign cysts in various odd places that the doctor said could be removed if he wanted, but would probably be more trouble to remove than they're worth; he's also had one that did need removed from the back of his neck, but again, it was benign and only needed removed because it was in a bad spot.  My Mom's family has a whole history of benign cysts too, particularly in the breasts.  Etc. Etc.

Of course, it's best to get it checked out by a doctor and make sure!  But just offering some possibilities that are significantly less worrying than cancer.  Smiley

(Also, I had a knot in my muscle that felt lumpish in almost that exact place a week or so ago.  You'd probably know it, or at least not be mistaking it for cancer, if that were what had happened to you, though--it was kind of painful.)

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
Morag
Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2019, 05:54:45 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: NeoCeltic Feri/Reclaimingesque HearthWitchery
TCN ID: morag

So much more than a pretty girl.

Blog entries (0)

maitressekatje honeyfeather honeyfeather

Ignore
« Reply #4: May 09, 2011, 09:42:37 pm »

(((((Erin))))) Prayers that it's nothing serious. I've been through that fear and it's the opposite of fun.

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

"i am not an angry girl, but it seems like i've got everyone fooled -- every time i say something they find hard to hear they chalk it up to my anger and never to their own fear. and imagine you're a girl, just trying to finally come clean, knowing full well they'd prefer you were dirty and smiling."
--Ani DiFranco, Not a Pretty Girl.
darashand
Adept Member
Last Login:August 28, 2011, 11:46:42 am

Religion: Celtic/Germanic Heathenry
TCN ID: darashand

Gravatar

Fate favors the Fearless.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: May 09, 2011, 11:41:31 pm »

(((Erinn)))  Sometimes we fear the worst and it turns out to be nothing at all.  I hope this is the case for you. 

The only people for me are the mad ones. The ones who are mad to love, mad to talk, mad to be saved. The ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow Roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars." -Jack Kerouac
Sperran
Reserve Staff
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:October 18, 2014, 02:07:12 am

Religion: Judaism

Adonai Echad

Blog entries (8)

« Reply #6: May 10, 2011, 12:09:45 am »

I was worried, but I do occasionally get huge pimples so I tried to rationalize it away as either a swelling lurker or a rogue fat deposit. Today when I got home I was feeling kinda paranoid, so I kept feeling around. I found another lump, about an inch or more long, along the right side of my collarbone. Again, there is no corresponding lump on the other side.

I would get them checked out just to be safe, but it could certainly be fatty cysts. 

Sperran
Waldfrau
High Adept Member
Last Login:January 02, 2013, 06:41:55 pm
Germany Germany

Religion: polytheistic witch leaning towards Reclaiming
TCN ID: Waldfrau

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #7: May 10, 2011, 12:10:07 am »

(((Erin)))

My blog: http://waldhexe.wordpress.com/ (English and German entries)
Monica M.
Adept Member
Last Login:August 02, 2011, 01:59:15 am
Australia Australia

Religion: trying to figure it out

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #8: May 10, 2011, 01:59:10 am »

((((Erin)))) I really hope it's all ok for you.
HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #9: May 10, 2011, 08:22:12 am »

((((((Erin))))))

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org
erinnightwalker
Master Member
Last Login:October 04, 2012, 12:59:41 am

Religion: Celtic Paganism

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #10: May 10, 2011, 01:25:46 pm »

Right now we're hoping its just swollen lymph nodes. My right ears made a sound like frying bacon this morning and started draining stuff. So, in a week I will poke for lumps again.

New at the Nightwalking Hedgehog- Updates and General Shit with revealing new photo.

I dance upon the edge of shadow
flickering through the night.
An ember smouldering in my heart
is my only guide, my light.

Come buy my ceramics and help support The Cauldron! Click Here
Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #11: May 10, 2011, 04:34:30 pm »

Right now we're hoping its just swollen lymph nodes. My right ears made a sound like frying bacon this morning and started draining stuff. So, in a week I will poke for lumps again.

Sounds like a one.
Still crossing my fingers for you. Smiley

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. Thatís what people never really understood.Ö.Things had to balance. You couldnít set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)
Nehet
Adept Member
Last Login:November 02, 2011, 12:07:16 am

Religion: Kemetic Polytheist
TCN ID: Nehet

Gravatar

Now 20% Cooler

Blog entries (11)

burning_tree

Ignore
« Reply #12: May 10, 2011, 04:59:01 pm »

Still crossing my fingers for you. Smiley

Glad to hear it might be something less scary.  (((still sending good vibes))). May you soon be less lumpy!
NibbleKat
Adept Member
Last Login:October 22, 2012, 03:45:56 pm

Religion: Hard polytheist dedicated to Hermes, Sequana, and Sirona

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #13: May 10, 2011, 05:43:04 pm »

I hope that it's nothing serious... maybe like calcium deposits like I've gotten before. *hugs*

Follower of Hermes!
------------------
Available for devotional and altar art commissions at http://nibblekat.deviantart.com
NibbleKat
Adept Member
Last Login:October 22, 2012, 03:45:56 pm

Religion: Hard polytheist dedicated to Hermes, Sequana, and Sirona

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #14: May 16, 2011, 11:49:32 am »

I hope that it's nothing serious... maybe like calcium deposits like I've gotten before. *hugs*

Any updates, Erin?

Follower of Hermes!
------------------
Available for devotional and altar art commissions at http://nibblekat.deviantart.com

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)