The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
October 21, 2020, 06:40:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2020, 06:40:19 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: SIG Goals  (Read 3307 times)
Collinsky
Adept Member
Last Login:July 03, 2011, 11:33:09 pm
United States United States

Religion: Celtic/Heathen, ADF, UU
TCN ID: Collinsky

I was made from the ninefold elements...

Blog entries (0)

Collinsky CollinskyCo
« Topic Start: May 11, 2011, 01:21:52 am »

I think this SIG is off to a great start! I'm excited to see some great participation, and I'm looking forward to what the future might bring.

It would be a good idea for us to talk about what we want from this SIG. What are you hoping it to be? What do you think the purpose should/will be for you? What would you like to get from it?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 02:39:04 am by darashand, Reason: made the thread sticky » Logged

~*~Colleen~*~
When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead.
http://colleenrachelle.livejournal.com/
"Let's not confuse your inability to comprehend what I do with my ability to do it."

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

dragonfaerie
Coffee Goddess
Adept Member
Last Login:July 06, 2011, 06:19:49 pm

Religion: Witchcraft
TCN ID: dragonfaerie

Priestess of the Circle of Amber Heart

Blog entries (0)

terpette terpette terpette

Ignore
« Reply #1: May 11, 2011, 07:32:49 pm »

I'm hoping to get some perspectives/thoughts on Druidry from people outside of ADF, as so far ADF has been my only exposure to practicing Druids (and that's only been online, even though the damn grove is like 30 mins from my house. It's closer than my coven).

Particularly thoughts from people interested in the Celtic aspects of Druidry. I've always been rather disappointed that ADF wasn't exclusively celtic, but having a grove 30 mins from my house, even if I never get up there, was a good motivator to get me to join up.

Karen

Writings on Wicca & Witchcraft
Read my journal!
Today's Mood Forecast:
Fanboy's Convention List
Asch
Master Member
Last Login:July 14, 2011, 07:55:40 pm

Religion: OBOD & ADF

Blog entries (0)

CEPAsh

Ignore
« Reply #2: May 11, 2011, 10:49:13 pm »

I'm hoping to get some perspectives/thoughts on Druidry from people outside of ADF, as so far ADF has been my only exposure to practicing Druids (and that's only been online, even though the damn grove is like 30 mins from my house. It's closer than my coven).

Particularly thoughts from people interested in the Celtic aspects of Druidry. I've always been rather disappointed that ADF wasn't exclusively celtic, but having a grove 30 mins from my house, even if I never get up there, was a good motivator to get me to join up.

Karen

*is jealous* I think my closest Grove is in Vancouver, BC or Trout Abbey Smiley I joined OBOD largely as a way to get another perspective. Considering OBOD is an initiatory group more akin to the Masons in that no religious doctrine is required (there are OBOD members from many MANY different religions including athests, agnostics, and seekers) than an orthopraxic religious group like the ADF. Also OBOD is strongly inspired by Irish/Welsh leanings.

Check out my blog http://therealrantingash.blogspot.com WARNING here be naughty words and snark!

ADF blog http://dedicantspath.blogspot.com

Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear. - Thomas Jefferson

It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. - Thomas Jefferson
darashand
Adept Member
Last Login:August 28, 2011, 11:46:42 am

Religion: Celtic/Germanic Heathenry
TCN ID: darashand

Gravatar

Fate favors the Fearless.

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #3: May 12, 2011, 04:02:40 pm »

I think this SIG is off to a great start! I'm excited to see some great participation, and I'm looking forward to what the future might bring.

It would be a good idea for us to talk about what we want from this SIG. What are you hoping it to be? What do you think the purpose should/will be for you? What would you like to get from it?

I'd like to have a meditation help thread or even meditation topics related to Druidry (f'ex: Two powers, Mara Freemans Celtic Meditation CD, etc).  I'm probably the worst meditator in the world and having people discuss the topic would be helpful to me.

This was mentioned in another thread, but I would like people to post links to their DP reqs and other requirements, so that we can give feedback (grammar, syntax, content, questions, and other comments).  We will eventually have a sticky where members can post their blog and e-journals for others to read, if they chose to do so.

I am hoping this SIG will enable us to create a meaningful spirituality in the Path of Druidry and that we can help each other grow as spiritual beings.

The only people for me are the mad ones. The ones who are mad to love, mad to talk, mad to be saved. The ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow Roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars." -Jack Kerouac
darashand
Adept Member
Last Login:August 28, 2011, 11:46:42 am

Religion: Celtic/Germanic Heathenry
TCN ID: darashand

Gravatar

Fate favors the Fearless.

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #4: May 12, 2011, 04:03:41 pm »

I'd like to have a meditation help thread or even meditation topics related to Druidry (f'ex: Two powers, Mara Freemans Celtic Meditation CD, etc).  I'm probably the worst meditator in the world and having people discuss the topic would be helpful to me.

This was mentioned in another thread, but I would like people to post links to their DP reqs and other requirements, so we can give feedback (grammar, syntax, content, questions, and other comments).  We will eventually have a sticky where members can post their blog and e-journals for others to read, as soon as I can figure out what method of organization I would like. Smiley

I am hoping this SIG will enable us to create a meaningful spirituality in the Path of Druidry and that we can help each other grow as spiritual beings.

Oops, brain fart.

I'll just go ahead and make that thread now. Smiley

The only people for me are the mad ones. The ones who are mad to love, mad to talk, mad to be saved. The ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow Roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars." -Jack Kerouac
Ellen M.
Adept Member
Last Login:February 17, 2013, 08:34:24 pm

Religion: ADF - UU - eclectic Wiccan - devotee of Brighid

Go, then - there are other worlds than these.

Blog entries (0)

Ellen MacInnis lellenator

Ignore
« Reply #5: May 12, 2011, 04:08:53 pm »

I'm going to echo what some others have said in my little list.

• Lots of discussion about what a Druid or Druidic path is and can be. I love hearing other perspectives and it gives me a lot of fodder to experiment with. Cheesy
  • Sharing resources and encouragement for folks traveling on similar Druid paths - f'ex, a resource group for those of us doing ADF's Dedicant Path
  • Sharing Celtic and Celtic-inspired resources. Though I'm an ADF member and not exclusively Celtic, I've always wanted to know more about the Celtic (Irish and Welsh, but anything really) mythologies, languages, etc.

Sage and Starshine: My new Pagan blog about Druidry, witchcraft, Brighid, and everything in between. -- 14th post 6/1/11
Asch
Master Member
Last Login:July 14, 2011, 07:55:40 pm

Religion: OBOD & ADF

Blog entries (0)

CEPAsh

Ignore
« Reply #6: May 12, 2011, 04:17:43 pm »

I'd like to have a meditation help thread or even meditation topics related to Druidry (f'ex: Two powers, Mara Freemans Celtic Meditation CD, etc).  I'm probably the worst meditator in the world and having people discuss the topic would be helpful to me.

This was mentioned in another thread, but I would like people to post links to their DP reqs and other requirements, so that we can give feedback (grammar, syntax, content, questions, and other comments).  We will eventually have a sticky where members can post their blog and e-journals for others to read, if they chose to do so.

I hadn't even thought about that but I am definitely in agreement with this. I am terrible at meditation and would love any disucssion/advice/etc.

Check out my blog http://therealrantingash.blogspot.com WARNING here be naughty words and snark!

ADF blog http://dedicantspath.blogspot.com

Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear. - Thomas Jefferson

It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. - Thomas Jefferson
Ellen M.
Adept Member
Last Login:February 17, 2013, 08:34:24 pm

Religion: ADF - UU - eclectic Wiccan - devotee of Brighid

Go, then - there are other worlds than these.

Blog entries (0)

Ellen MacInnis lellenator

Ignore
« Reply #7: May 12, 2011, 04:20:58 pm »

I hadn't even thought about that but I am definitely in agreement with this. I am terrible at meditation and would love any disucssion/advice/etc.

Oh gosh, me too. It'd be great if we could swap ideas and maybe even recordings of us working through different meditation styles/concepts. Our own little meditation library. Smiley

Sage and Starshine: My new Pagan blog about Druidry, witchcraft, Brighid, and everything in between. -- 14th post 6/1/11
Ali
Master Member
Last Login:January 05, 2012, 02:13:36 pm

Religion: Druidry (Celtic Pagan)

/|\ Awen /|\

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #8: May 12, 2011, 04:58:35 pm »

I'm just excited to be here! Smiley

Seriously, though, folks here on TC are always so thoughtful and articulate, and the perspectives others have shared on many Pagan-related topics have been incredibly helpful in challenging me in my own practice. Since I most strongly identify as a Druid (even more than "Pagan", really), I'm looking forward to this SIG fostering really excellent, intelligent interDruish dialogue. Smiley

--Ali

For the whispering poet and enchanted naturalist that dwells within each of us...

/|\ Contemplations and Practice on the Druid Path /|\

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)