The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
October 24, 2020, 01:35:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2020, 01:35:03 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Meditating about Celtic Deities  (Read 3808 times)
ItstheK
Apprentice
Last Login:May 30, 2011, 02:43:59 pm
United States United States

Religion: Celtic Pago-Shamanism

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: May 16, 2011, 07:24:48 am »

Okay, so I prayed last night to the gods and goddesses to reveal themselves to me in my dreams, and in my first dream, I was being courted by a man who offered me a ring made out of shell. In my second, I was on a trip to the ocean, and dead set on getting there. Pretty sure this is Manannan calling to me.

So I meditated again this morning, and found of the four deities that had appealed to me, Cernunnos seemed preoccupied, Brighid, though kind about it, basically told me I wasn't one of her chosen, and the message from Morrigan was something along the lines of "amuse me, and I'll honor you". Pretty sure this means the Morrigan and Manannan have chosen me. Does this sound right? I need to work on constructing a shrine, but before that, determine who to honor in the construction.

Sorry if this is kind of newbieish or in the wrong place; I'm still a beginner in Celtic Paganism, and the internet is, for the moment, my only resource of learning about it.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Vella Malachite
Master Member
Last Login:July 31, 2011, 03:27:04 am
Australia Australia

Religion: Irish Celtic Reconstructionist

Never underestimate carefully worded nonsense.

Blog entries (3)

Ignore
« Reply #1: May 16, 2011, 09:46:37 am »

Okay, so I prayed last night to the gods and goddesses to reveal themselves to me in my dreams, and in my first dream, I was being courted by a man who offered me a ring made out of shell. In my second, I was on a trip to the ocean, and dead set on getting there. Pretty sure this is Manannan calling to me.

So I meditated again this morning, and found of the four deities that had appealed to me, Cernunnos seemed preoccupied, Brighid, though kind about it, basically told me I wasn't one of her chosen, and the message from Morrigan was something along the lines of "amuse me, and I'll honor you". Pretty sure this means the Morrigan and Manannan have chosen me. Does this sound right? I need to work on constructing a shrine, but before that, determine who to honor in the construction.

Sorry if this is kind of newbieish or in the wrong place; I'm still a beginner in Celtic Paganism, and the internet is, for the moment, my only resource of learning about it.

For Manannan, I'd say it's a pretty good guess that it's Him, but I'd send out a message to ask Him, just to be sure.  Sure sounds like Him, though.

Could be the Morrighan, but I'd ask someone with more experience of Her (there's a few around here) for a more accurate interpretation.

From what you've said, though, sounds like there's some solid evidence there.  Maybe do a little more digging, but it sounds right enough to me.

Minds are like parachutes: Just because you've lost yours, doesn't mean you can borrow mine.

What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter as if he is a man, but when he is a spinning ball of ammonia and methane must be silent?
madfox95
Senior Newbie
Last Login:May 23, 2011, 12:43:20 pm
Estonia Estonia

Religion: It's complicated...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: May 16, 2011, 09:50:36 am »

Okay, so I prayed last night to the gods and goddesses to reveal themselves to me in my dreams.

I am new into this praying thing, so I am just asking how do you pray to them and how do you worship them and what do you tell them?
I would love to have gods in my dreams too, but I haven't seen dreams for long time...
ItstheK
Apprentice
Last Login:May 30, 2011, 02:43:59 pm
United States United States

Religion: Celtic Pago-Shamanism

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: May 16, 2011, 10:08:29 am »

I am new into this praying thing, so I am just asking how do you pray to them and how do you worship them and what do you tell them?
I would love to have gods in my dreams too, but I haven't seen dreams for long time...

Well, I'm generally pretty good at remembering my dreams. When I pray, I basically calm down and focus, mentally calling out to my chosen god(ess)(es). I then just mentally try to communicate with them, sending out a message. As for worship, I haven't really been in this long enough to establish a set method for worship yet, but I plan on doing things in the future to honor the gods.
madfox95
Senior Newbie
Last Login:May 23, 2011, 12:43:20 pm
Estonia Estonia

Religion: It's complicated...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: May 16, 2011, 10:20:52 am »

Well, I'm generally pretty good at remembering my dreams. When I pray, I basically calm down and focus, mentally calling out to my chosen god(ess)(es). I then just mentally try to communicate with them, sending out a message. As for worship, I haven't really been in this long enough to establish a set method for worship yet, but I plan on doing things in the future to honor the gods.
Okay, thanks, I try to do something one day. But someone has any page where it talks about how to worship your gods. I need to know more, I don't know why, but I always need... doh can't find that word in english or in estonian.
Vella Malachite
Master Member
Last Login:July 31, 2011, 03:27:04 am
Australia Australia

Religion: Irish Celtic Reconstructionist

Never underestimate carefully worded nonsense.

Blog entries (3)

Ignore
« Reply #5: June 08, 2011, 02:51:31 am »

For me, I tend to just talk to them, like I'd talk to a friend - you know when you talk to someone and there's nothing else distracting you; you're only concentrating on the person or people you're talking to?  I try to talk to them like that, letting them know that I'm setting aside time when I'm only thinking about them.  I tell them what I'm grateful for, that they've done for me so far, and I ask them for more.  I often promise to give them offerings.  I used to light a candle (can't here - no candles in college) in order to focus my mind on them.

Minds are like parachutes: Just because you've lost yours, doesn't mean you can borrow mine.

What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter as if he is a man, but when he is a spinning ball of ammonia and methane must be silent?
Waldfrau
High Adept Member
Last Login:January 02, 2013, 06:41:55 pm
Germany Germany

Religion: polytheistic witch leaning towards Reclaiming
TCN ID: Waldfrau

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #6: June 08, 2011, 05:28:45 am »

I was being courted by a man who offered me a ring made out of shell.
That's fascinating. I've had a spirit journey where I got a ring out of a shell. Not sure it's related to your experience, but interesting similarity.

I'm not sure what my experience 'means', but I certainly have a weak spot for a sea deity, either Manannan or from another pantheon like Poseidon.

My blog: http://waldhexe.wordpress.com/ (English and German entries)

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)