The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
April 02, 2020, 10:47:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2020, 10:47:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mercury - Can Someone Give Me More Than: The One With the Winged Sandals?  (Read 9717 times)
Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Topic Start: May 17, 2011, 11:41:15 am »

Hi,

so, here's the thing.

I think I made a deal with Mercury.
I 'think' - because I am not sure he accepted, I'll know the result by end-ish of the month?
But there was a sign, that made me think he did - and I asked him around the 15th, which was a Roman holy day for Mercury - so His ears might've been pretty open then.

Been pondering to include Him in my life for quite some time now, but now is the best moment, I guess.
Concerning my daytime job changed from customer service only to selling products now (no, it is a good change, really, sounds awful, but it's good) and since I want to go on with my writing - which is communication - I could need a bit divine help.

All I found on the web was the myths of course, his attributes - caduceus, nifty sandals and hat with wings, the tortoise, the ram and the cockerel and the strawberry tree and the crocus flower as his plants.

Somewhere I've seen the lizard mentioned, and somewhere - but my memory might fail me - that almonds and bay where given as offering.

Whatever.

Please share - UPG totally welcome.
What do you offer Mercury?
What attributes do you assign to Him?

I really could do with a bit inspiration. Wink

Thanks.

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. Thatís what people never really understood.Ö.Things had to balance. You couldnít set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Dark Midnight
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 01:47:57 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Religious Crystal Witch and FlameKeeper

1 beautiful soul is worth a thousand pretty faces!

Blog entries (0)

Sharon-Anne Bateman

Ignore
« Reply #1: May 17, 2011, 01:17:26 pm »

Hi,

so, here's the thing.

I 'think' - because I am not sure he accepted, I'll know the result by end-ish of the month?
But there was a sign, that made me think he did - and I asked him around the 15th, which was a Roman holy day for Mercury - so His ears might've been pretty open then.

Been pondering to include Him in my life for quite some time now, but now is the best moment, I guess.
Concerning my daytime job changed from customer service only to selling products now (no, it is a good change, really, sounds awful, but it's good) and since I want to go on with my writing - which is communication - I could need a bit divine help.

Best person I know to talk to about Him is Steve (Com-W). He has been working with Him for years now.

Never forget that it is MY life, no-one else's!

"Payback? Yes, I think so!"

"I seem to exist in a very pretty slice of Hell- Hello? Is there anyone else here?"
Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Germany Germany

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #2: May 17, 2011, 01:19:54 pm »

Best person I know to talk to about Him is Steve (Com-W). He has been working with Him for years now.

Oh, really?
Somehow I missed that fact.

Thanks Smiley

*looks around - Steeeve? Wink*

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. Thatís what people never really understood.Ö.Things had to balance. You couldnít set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Dark Midnight
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 01:47:57 am

Religion: Religious Crystal Witch and FlameKeeper

1 beautiful soul is worth a thousand pretty faces!

Blog entries (0)

Sharon-Anne Bateman

Ignore
« Reply #3: May 17, 2011, 01:31:42 pm »

Oh, really?

Thanks Smiley

He's at Games Workshop atm. Either send him a message on here or message him on Facebook. He'll answer then.

Never forget that it is MY life, no-one else's!

"Payback? Yes, I think so!"

"I seem to exist in a very pretty slice of Hell- Hello? Is there anyone else here?"
Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Germany Germany

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #4: May 17, 2011, 01:44:16 pm »

He's at Games Workshop atm. Either send him a message on here or message him on Facebook. He'll answer then.

Okey, thanks again.
I'll pm him. Smiley

Steve - ComW
Staff
Adept Member
Last Login:September 03, 2011, 12:22:07 pm

Religion: Flamekeeper
TCN ID: ComW

A work on progress

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #5: May 17, 2011, 04:49:58 pm »

Oh, really?

Thanks Smiley

Hiya

Sortry life.

i always offer coins. or failing that a good bargain.

I'm a lousy trader though so GETTING afore-mentioned bargains is tricky.

Steve - ComW
Staff
Adept Member

A work on progress

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #6: May 17, 2011, 04:51:22 pm »

Hiya

Sortry life.

i always offer coins. or failing that a good bargain.

I'm a lousy trader though so GETTING afore-mentioned bargains is tricky.

As for attributes.

Oddly silence and music

knowledge of people - both their strengths and weaknesses

Knowledge of trends. including "this to will pass"

Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Germany Germany

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #7: May 17, 2011, 04:53:48 pm »

As for attributes.

Oddly silence and music

knowledge of people - both their strengths and weaknesses

Knowledge of trends. including "this to will pass"

Sounds logical.
Thanks Smiley

Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Germany Germany

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #8: May 17, 2011, 04:58:09 pm »

i always offer coins.

Oh, what do you do with the coins?
Give them to some good purpose?

Steve - ComW
Staff
Adept Member

A work on progress

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #9: May 17, 2011, 04:59:44 pm »

Oh, what do you do with the coins?
Give them to some good purpose?

Keep them in my wallet for 7 days. then given them to the first charity worker who'll take them.

(I have a specific pocket in my wallet for them, not in with the rest of my junk change)

Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Germany Germany

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #10: May 17, 2011, 05:02:15 pm »

Keep them in my wallet for 7 days. then given them to the first charity worker who'll take them.

(I have a specific pocket in my wallet for them, not in with the rest of my junk change)

Mmh... sounds interesting.
Mercury - esp. in Gaulish areas - was often depicted with a purse.
I think I get a money pouch on the Ren Fair this weekend, just for this purpose.

Thanks again. Smiley

Nomad of Nowhere
Journeyman
Last Login:February 01, 2012, 01:48:26 am
United States United States

Religion: Slavic Polytheist

Gdje Yarilo hodi, tu vam polje rodi.

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #11: May 30, 2011, 01:37:25 am »

Hi,

so, here's the thing.

All I found on the web was the myths of course, his attributes - caduceus, nifty sandals and hat with wings, the tortoise, the ram and the cockerel and the strawberry tree and the crocus flower as his plants.

Somewhere I've seen the lizard mentioned, and somewhere - but my memory might fail me - that almonds and bay where given as offering.

Whatever.

Thanks.

One trait of his I've always found striking that isn't often emphasized is his role as a deity of trade and commerce.
NyteShaed
Journeyman
Last Login:June 24, 2011, 10:55:38 am

Religion: Wicca

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #12: June 02, 2011, 07:04:17 pm »

Hi,

so, here's the thing.

Whatever.

Thanks.

Mercury is a trickster god and a god of quick thinking.  In his role as Hermes he represents maleness in much the way that Mars does (thus the word Hermaphrodite, a melding of Hermes and Aphrodite)  He is the only god aside from Pluto himself that is allowed into the underworld. 
marshamarshamarsha
Apprentice
Last Login:June 09, 2011, 06:15:21 pm

Religion: eccletic

don't play nice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #13: June 02, 2011, 07:25:47 pm »

Mercury is a trickster god and a god of quick thinking.  In his role as Hermes he represents maleness in much the way that Mars does (thus the word Hermaphrodite, a melding of Hermes and Aphrodite)  He is the only god aside from Pluto himself that is allowed into the underworld. 
You're forgetting Persephone.

NyteShaed
Journeyman
Last Login:June 24, 2011, 10:55:38 am

Religion: Wicca

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #14: June 02, 2011, 08:08:56 pm »

You're forgetting Persephone.

I did not say Goddess, I said God.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)