The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
January 19, 2020, 06:45:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 19, 2020, 06:45:17 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: What to do about People with Icky Energy?  (Read 5327 times)
Syncearae
Journeyman
Last Login:October 15, 2012, 12:47:57 pm
United States United States

Religion: Eclectic Pagan with Native American beliefs

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: May 18, 2011, 02:23:42 pm »

I am sensitive to energy, and my beliefs require that I use that to benefit the people and Mother Earth. So there have been times where I have ran into good people with really icky energy. I use a reflective shield, so it's not my gift causing me problems in that area. It's just that I want to help these people but have no way to approach some of them with my help.

I can't just walk up to some one and say" excuse me but I can see and otherwise scense auras and yours looks like it needs some cleaning, would you mind if I do energy work on you and teach you how to clean your aura so it dosen't get like this again?" It just would not work.

So what I have done is realized that these people are responsible for thier own aura and if one day they find out what one is and choose to get energy work done on them they can do so. If I am in a room crowded with people with dirty auras I make a grounded vortex and say if they are in spirit ready to release the negative energy let them do it. Then I close the vortex when I leave.

I was wondering if anyone else has this problem and if so what do you do about it.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 02:32:08 pm by RandallS, Reason: Subject Changed » Logged

Balance that is unbalanced to maintain balance.
Life is what you make yourself (into).

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Owl
Adept Member
Last Login:March 07, 2012, 02:46:28 pm

Religion: Hedgewitch?

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: May 18, 2011, 05:08:36 pm »

I tend to leave them alone, unless I am close enough to them to say something.  Even then, only if they are open to such things.  Mostly I just ignore it and shield really well.

AntlerandHerb.com
Celtag
Journeyman
Last Login:August 26, 2014, 10:53:11 pm

Religion: Celtic Pagan/Welsh Recon

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: May 18, 2011, 10:31:19 pm »

I am sensitive to energy, and my beliefs require that I use that to benefit the people and Mother Earth. So there have been times where I have ran into good people with really icky energy. I use a reflective shield, so it's not my gift causing me problems in that area. It's just that I want to help these people but have no way to approach some of them with my help.

I can't just walk up to some one and say" excuse me but I can see and otherwise scense auras and yours looks like it needs some cleaning, would you mind if I do energy work on you and teach you how to clean your aura so it dosen't get like this again?" It just would not work.

So what I have done is realized that these people are responsible for thier own aura and if one day they find out what one is and choose to get energy work done on them they can do so. If I am in a room crowded with people with dirty auras I make a grounded vortex and say if they are in spirit ready to release the negative energy let them do it. Then I close the vortex when I leave.

I was wondering if anyone else has this problem and if so what do you do about it.

I'm also very sensitive to peoples energy, and I just try an stay away from people giving off bad vibes. If I get to close and start feeling their energy, i start acting like them and get in very foul moods. So the best thing I would do is just stay aways from them, if you actually can. If not maybe talk to them, and see why their giving off such bad energy.
outlaw393
Journeyman
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 12:31:17 am

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #3: May 23, 2011, 03:25:08 pm »

You could say this to me and I would not take offense. Would be helpful, in fact. I haven't really worked with my aura/chakras in years, so sometimes I wonder if I should do something at least once in a while.

Smiley
Syncearae
Journeyman

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: May 24, 2011, 02:34:07 pm »

You could say this to me and I would not take offense. Would be helpful, in fact. I haven't really worked with my aura/chakras in years, so sometimes I wonder if I should do something at least once in a while.

Smiley
I'm talking about in general people in the city I live are not receptive to that kind of message. When I visit certain gatherings, or when people don't have the cloud over their third eye(lets me know they are open minded)I do gently approach them with the information I get.

I'm talking about places like malls, crowded elevators, and hospital waiting rooms and average people who are not likely to know orcare much about the spiritiual energy. That's where I have the most issues with this.

It is good to know that there are people learning about it, and others who are sensitive who are willing to talk about it.

outlaw393
Journeyman
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 12:31:17 am

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #5: May 24, 2011, 03:01:50 pm »

I'm talking about in general people in the city I live are not receptive to that kind of message. When I visit certain gatherings, or when people don't have the cloud over their third eye(lets me know they are open minded)I do gently approach them with the information I get.

I'm talking about places like malls, crowded elevators, and hospital waiting rooms and average people who are not likely to know orcare much about the spiritiual energy. That's where I have the most issues with this.

It is good to know that there are people learning about it, and others who are sensitive who are willing to talk about it.

Yes, I understand you couldn't just walk up to someone and go "You have dirty energy, here let me clean it some and teach you how" without freaking them out, offending them, or making them think you're crazy.

Lol
Jenett
High Adept Member
Last Login:January 03, 2020, 11:33:16 pm

Religion: Priestess in initiatory religious witchcraft tradition

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #6: May 24, 2011, 04:12:32 pm »

What's different about energy here?

If you're in a crowd of people, some of them might not have had a shower recently. They might use crude language. They might raise their voices. They might take up space in ways that can be sort of annoying (stopping suddenly in the middle of a walkway).

Part of being out in a public place is learning to deal with that. We don't walk up to every random person in a mall and say "Have you had a shower?" or "Hey, can you stop swearing?" or whatever. We work around it, and only do something if it's a very direct thing. "Can I get by you? Can I get to that shelf? Thanks." where their action is specifically needed.

Beyond that, I think the best thing - both from an ethical view, and from a practical view - is to take care of my own needs. If I don't like dealing with a crowded supermarket (and I don't), I might choose shop at a smaller place, or at a time of day when it's a lot less busy. I might choose to avoid malls most of the time (which I do), and only go when I really need to be there for something, and plan ahead to figure.

And in energy terms, it's my job to take care of my own energy - not my job to take care of everyone else's. I can choose to shield, to cleanse my own energy, to do whatever else works for me that's about me. All the other people there get their own choices - especially these days, when general access to broad information on some starting topics is pretty widely available (via any number of self-help books, yoga and mind-body fitness options, meditation and stress management tools, and of course through a variety of religious tools. etc.)

The other thing I keep in mind is a sense of compassion. Maybe the person who hasn't had a shower quite as recently is coming from work they're doing that's really important to keeping the family going. Maybe the person who's raising their voice is really frustrated because everything's falling apart in their lives. Maybe the person stopping in the middle of the walkway has some health issues, and just really needed to stop right then.

And maybe the person whose energy is really icky just came from the hospital, where they visited a friend who's dying. Or they're trying to get out of an abusive relationship. Or they're in high school and their emotions and needs and expectations are all over the place, and there's a lot of external pressure on them to do things they're not sure they want to do (both good and bad.)

Since I can't know what's going on there, I generally keep my nose out of it unless and until they ask (or the subject comes up naturally, unforced) and only if I think I can not only do the initial converstation, but appropriate follow-up conversation. Random stranger in a mall, that followup isn't an option, so unless something is *very* serious, better not to do the first step and then abandon someone.

I've worked most of my career with teenagers - who are fantastic people, but *boy* is their energy all over the place sometimes. It's not my place to insert myself in their life in that particular way, though, so I keep any suggestions very minimal - breathing, stress management techniques, that kind of thing - rather than anything more directly magical or spiritual. If they keep coming back for conversations about it (and I've had a handful of kids who have, over those ten years), I might casually recommend a fiction book that has a good description of something relevant, or talk a bit about yoga, or point at some other related resource that touches on the right bit of info, and then let them dig around from there.

(I incidentally *do* need to do a lot more energy upkeep when I'm working with teenagers than when I'm not. But I consider that a worthwhile tradeoff for the other cool stuff that comes out of the interactions. If I didn't, I'd go find a different job.)

Blog: Thoughts from a threshold: http://gleewood.org/threshold
Info for seekers: http://gleewood.org/seeking
Pagan books and resources: http://gleewood.org/books
Asch
Master Member
Last Login:July 14, 2011, 07:55:40 pm

Religion: OBOD & ADF

Blog entries (0)

CEPAsh

Ignore
« Reply #7: May 24, 2011, 04:18:08 pm »

I don't really do energy work so it's not a problem but honestly why would you do anything in the first place? If it's someone you're casually encountering why would you even bring it up?

Check out my blog http://therealrantingash.blogspot.com WARNING here be naughty words and snark!

ADF blog http://dedicantspath.blogspot.com

Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear. - Thomas Jefferson

It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. - Thomas Jefferson
Marilyn (ABSENTMINDED)
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 06, 2013, 08:12:28 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: free-flowing animist, Dudeist Priest
TCN ID: Absentminded

Blog entries (11)

« Reply #8: May 24, 2011, 06:23:01 pm »

Not to mention, it would be extremely officious and annoying.  It could very easily get you a perfectly sincere response of 'My energy is fine but I think yours must be clouded if that is what you think you see.  Perhaps you should let me fix you.'

It would be, honestly, like going up to someone and saying 'I see you are fat - let me tell you how to lose weight'.  (not even considering whether they are, in fact, pregnant, or happy with their weight, or don't have the same standards of 'fat' as you do.  There could be similar considerations in trying to diagnose a strangers 'energy', just because you (think you) can.

Or saying 'I see you smoke - I can help you quit.', going on the assumption that they must want what you perceive as their best course of action, as defined by you.

I have an aunt who used to stop people and give them random predictions.  She was very frequently right, but she was still annoying and embarrassing to be with.  (she doesn't do it anymore - she had a cringe moment when she was about 40 and stopped).

It's never good to just assume that you know what's best for people.

Absent

"There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure."
- Jack E. Leonard

Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light.

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in

L Cohen
Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #9: May 24, 2011, 07:05:04 pm »

Not to mention, it would be extremely officious and annoying.  It could very easily get you a perfectly sincere response of 'My energy is fine but I think yours must be clouded if that is what you think you see.  Perhaps you should let me fix you.'

It would be, honestly, like going up to someone and saying 'I see you are fat - let me tell you how to lose weight'.  (not even considering whether they are, in fact, pregnant, or happy with their weight, or don't have the same standards of 'fat' as you do.  There could be similar considerations in trying to diagnose a strangers 'energy', just because you (think you) can.

Or saying 'I see you smoke - I can help you quit.', going on the assumption that they must want what you perceive as their best course of action, as defined by you.

Using this as a jumping off point:

If someone came up to me and said, "I see you have a lot of icky energy, can I clean your aura?" I wouldn't want to be around them whether they are complete strangers or someone I've known for years.  I am simply not a believer in auras and energies of the nature described in the op and as a non-believer, I would think the person who came up to me to be flakey at best.  I am saying this because actually going up to someone and saying "Hello, I think you are X and I would like to cure you of X whether you agree with me or not" is one of the fastest ways to offend and/or alienate someone.

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog
FierFlye
Adept Member
Last Login:December 14, 2013, 06:14:57 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: FierFlye

Photo Credit: http://roothieb.blogspot.com/

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #10: May 24, 2011, 09:07:51 pm »

"Hello, I think you are X and I would like to cure you of X whether you agree with me or not" is one of the fastest ways to offend and/or alienate someone.

Exactly, stating that you find something wrong with a person is never a good first meeting.

Spiritual Blog: Fier's Flame
Syncearae
Journeyman

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #11: May 26, 2011, 07:49:45 pm »

Exactly, stating that you find something wrong with a person is never a good first meeting.

Right, that's the reason why I don't just walk up to someone and blatantly note my observations.

I guess I need to rephrase what I'm trying to say, beause I have difficulty expressing my veiws at times. I just feel suffocated sometimes when I am around a mass of people with lots of auric gunk. I use shields, but I can feel the pressure on the outside of them.

I am not saying that I know what is best for them, or that there is something wrong with them. The people's aura is probably that way for a reason.

I don't have issues everytime I go out in public, it is mostly when their aura is touching my shields, like in an elevator crowded with gunked up people,or at the mall.

I don't find it personaly offensive, more unsettling. The thing that is diferent about energy is that to me it feels weighty. A bad smell most likely won't cling to another person unless it is something like skunk or cigarette smoke. To me the gunky type of energy has a weight and consistancy.

I do notice that I do alot more energy shielding and work on myself after these situations and it helps out. I was just wondering if anybody had any different approaches that I could consider.

Thank ya'll for your posts

Asch
Master Member
Last Login:July 14, 2011, 07:55:40 pm

Religion: OBOD & ADF

Blog entries (0)

CEPAsh

Ignore
« Reply #12: May 26, 2011, 07:56:27 pm »

Right, that's the reason why I don't just walk up to someone and blatantly note my observations.

I guess I need to rephrase what I'm trying to say, beause I have difficulty expressing my veiws at times. I just feel suffocated sometimes when I am around a mass of people with lots of auric gunk. I use shields, but I can feel the pressure on the outside of them.

I am not saying that I know what is best for them, or that there is something wrong with them. The people's aura is probably that way for a reason.

I don't have issues everytime I go out in public, it is mostly when their aura is touching my shields, like in an elevator crowded with gunked up people,or at the mall.

I don't find it personaly offensive, more unsettling. The thing that is diferent about energy is that to me it feels weighty. A bad smell most likely won't cling to another person unless it is something like skunk or cigarette smoke. To me the gunky type of energy has a weight and consistancy.

I do notice that I do alot more energy shielding and work on myself after these situations and it helps out. I was just wondering if anybody had any different approaches that I could consider.

Sounds like you'd be better served working with your shields and avoiding crowded situations than telling off strangers for having screwed up energy Smiley

Check out my blog http://therealrantingash.blogspot.com WARNING here be naughty words and snark!

ADF blog http://dedicantspath.blogspot.com

Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear. - Thomas Jefferson

It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. - Thomas Jefferson
Syncearae
Journeyman

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #13: May 26, 2011, 08:00:39 pm »

Sorry for posting twice in a row.

I would also like to make it clear that I know that people have a right to choose their own beliefs and I would never force my beliefs on them. I find that approaching people with information about aura is tricky to begin with. From hat I get ya'll are telling me that I should know the person well, so I can test the waters to see if they would be open to the information I have, or techniques that I have developed that can be used to help them if they wish.

Another thing is that part of my question was how to approach people gradually to see if they are intrested in auric matenience.
 Thank you Jennett for answering that one for me with the idea of suggesting fiction books that have those themes and a mind body exersize like yoga.

Syncearae
Journeyman

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #14: May 26, 2011, 08:07:13 pm »

Sounds like you'd be better served working with your shields and avoiding crowded situations than telling off strangers for having screwed up energy Smiley

For some reason people seem to be thinking that I said that I just walk up to people and tell them what I see, but I did notsay that.
I said earlier that I can't just walk up to people and tell them, maybe I should have added to clarify that I would find that inappropriate.

I generally don't tell people at all, unless they know me and they ask me. What I am trying to do is just to find out if there is another socially accepted way to approach this.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)