The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
May 06, 2021, 12:02:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2021, 12:02:12 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Drawing electricity from the atmosphere  (Read 3354 times)
MysticRayne
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:July 23, 2011, 11:01:41 pm
United States United States

Religion: Heathen

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: May 26, 2011, 12:40:55 am »

*Note to moderators - I wasn't sure where to put this.  I hope I picked the appropriate spot.*

Ok, so this is probably a bit of a strange question, but hey.   Have any of you ever seemingly unconsciously drawn electricity/static energy from the atmosphere?  For the past year or so, I've been experiencing a very odd thing.  No matter what the humidity is, no matter what I'm wearing, no matter if I'm indoors or outdoors...I draw, hold and then zap people with static electricity.  During the winter and really early spring it was extremely bad.  I wasn't just zapping people (as well as animals, walls, doorknobs, water, etc.) but could zap them once and then go to touch said person/animal/item again and zap them yet again...or several times even.  It also happened when people/animals/etc. touched me too. Needless to say this became rather bothersome, expecially since the majority of the jolts were pretty darn strong.  It had seemed to have eased off for awhile, but today a bunch of very strong thunderstorms rolled through the region and I noticed that it returned since I once again went around zapping...everything.  Anyone else experienced this?

"Sometimes you need the rain in order to appreciate the sun." -Me

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Igor
Apprentice
Last Login:June 18, 2011, 12:15:23 pm
Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: June 06, 2011, 03:49:05 pm »

*Note to moderators - I wasn't sure where to put this.  I hope I picked the appropriate spot.*

Ok, so this is probably a bit of a strange question, but hey.   Have any of you ever seemingly unconsciously drawn electricity/static energy from the atmosphere?  For the past year or so, I've been experiencing a very odd thing.  No matter what the humidity is, no matter what I'm wearing, no matter if I'm indoors or outdoors...I draw, hold and then zap people with static electricity.  During the winter and really early spring it was extremely bad.  I wasn't just zapping people (as well as animals, walls, doorknobs, water, etc.) but could zap them once and then go to touch said person/animal/item again and zap them yet again...or several times even.  It also happened when people/animals/etc. touched me too. Needless to say this became rather bothersome, expecially since the majority of the jolts were pretty darn strong.  It had seemed to have eased off for awhile, but today a bunch of very strong thunderstorms rolled through the region and I noticed that it returned since I once again went around zapping...everything.  Anyone else experienced this?

Hi MysticsRayne!

The energy you're experiencing isn't actually coming from the atmosphere; it's coming from the ground!

Static electricity is usually generated after walking on carpet due to the friction between your shoes and the floor. It's especially noticeable in dry weather and, of course, during thunderstorms.

If you want to stop it, you could buy new shoes or carpet; or hey, just walk around barefoot!

"Surely it is more interesting to argue about what the truth is, than about what some particular thinker, however great, did or did not think."
-David Deutsch
Nitz
Master Member
Last Login:March 01, 2012, 08:03:19 am
Canada Canada

Religion: Eclectic Animist Warlock

Aaarf

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: June 06, 2011, 04:00:45 pm »

Hi MysticsRayne!

The energy you're experiencing isn't actually coming from the atmosphere; it's coming from the ground!

Static electricity is usually generated after walking on carpet due to the friction between your shoes and the floor. It's especially noticeable in dry weather and, of course, during thunderstorms.

If you want to stop it, you could buy new shoes or carpet; or hey, just walk around barefoot!

That's true, my brother had the same problem when he moved in with me, he wears thick socks to keep his feet warm and he drags his feet, so he got zapped all the time, started wearing rubber soled slippers and it stopped.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. ~ Arthur C. Clarke
Igor
Apprentice
Last Login:June 18, 2011, 12:15:23 pm
Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: June 06, 2011, 04:06:09 pm »

That's true, my brother had the same problem when he moved in with me, he wears thick socks to keep his feet warm and he drags his feet, so he got zapped all the time, started wearing rubber soled slippers and it stopped.

Yeah, lifting your feet when you walk will definitely help!

"Surely it is more interesting to argue about what the truth is, than about what some particular thinker, however great, did or did not think."
-David Deutsch
MysticRayne
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: June 11, 2011, 12:09:08 pm »

But see that's the thing...it doesn't seem to matter what I am wearing on my feet.  I also don't scuff my feet when I walk.  I could be wearing just socks, socks and shoes, be barefoot, be wearing a rubber-based shoe like a Croc.  It doesn't much matter, I'll zap people/things anyhow.  I don't even have to be on carpet.  I once walked around outside all day on concrete and grass and was still zapping people/things like crazy.   

Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #5: June 11, 2011, 12:13:35 pm »

What fabrics do you usually wear?

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance. You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)
MysticRayne
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: June 16, 2011, 12:26:37 am »

What fabrics do you usually wear?

Mostly polyester, synthetics, some cotton.  Trying to switch over to mostly cotton.  Honestly though I haven't noticed it really mattering what kind of fabric I'm wearing.  I was talking to a fellow Pagan from an email group I'm a member of and she said she has the same problem.  She's actually zapped and killed electronic devices before.  I'm really glad it hasn't been that bad (yet) for me. 

Nitz
Master Member
Last Login:March 01, 2012, 08:03:19 am
Canada Canada

Religion: Eclectic Animist Warlock

Aaarf

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: June 16, 2011, 12:37:50 am »

Mostly polyester, synthetics, some cotton.  Trying to switch over to mostly cotton.  Honestly though I haven't noticed it really mattering what kind of fabric I'm wearing.  I was talking to a fellow Pagan from an email group I'm a member of and she said she has the same problem.  She's actually zapped and killed electronic devices before.  I'm really glad it hasn't been that bad (yet) for me. 

I would suggest wearing a cordless anti-static wristband, but they're a fraud.

Try holding a key or coin and touching it against grounded metal before grabbing a doorknob.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. ~ Arthur C. Clarke
redfawn
Last Login:July 07, 2011, 11:07:22 pm

Religion: pegan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #8: June 17, 2011, 09:41:14 pm »

Hi MysticsRayne!

Some people just have more electricity than others, and it sounds like you are one of those, I don’t shock much but me and electronics have never gotten along. It may be annoying, but remember to smile, it’s just a reminder you are special!
rachaell
Senior Newbie
Last Login:June 19, 2011, 02:52:44 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: earth pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: June 18, 2011, 01:40:10 am »

Hello MysticRayne.  I didn't intoduce myself in that thread because I don't know if I will fit in this room or not.  I had been cruising the different rooms looking for something in particular and when I checked the forum here I read something that I think I have the answer to, actually two different posts, but this evening I can't find them. 

However your situation needs to be addressed because I feel that it is a potentially dangerous one.  My daughter and I had an experience back in about 1975 where walking on the grass behind the building we lived in we found ourselves in the midst of what can only be described as a lightening bolt.  We had been holding hands, walking and talking when from nowhere a bright yellow beam of light hit the ground right between the two of us. There was a flash of very bright light that surrounded us but other than some confusion as to what it was neither of us appeared hurt. 

Up until that time I had had the same kind of problem you are experiencing right now, even barefoot on a wood floor, but my daughter didn't.  She did however acquire it later on.  In fact it became so bad for her that at one point as she crossed the wood floor towards the bathtub she got a shock from a plastic shampoo bottle. She would know if there was an electrical short somewhere in an auto because she would get a shock from touching the door handle. She now 'attracts' lightening so must remain indoors when there are thunder storms.  One episode was real bad which involved convulsions and has affected her body in many ways. 

I however thrive (and have always done so) in the high electrical fields during a storm. I feel that it was myself that attracted the lighting that day so many years ago that ended up effecting my young daughter (for life) and could have killed her. Not only at that time but she now attracts lightening and has been hit again.  (We refer to it as lightening although there was no following thunder.  But what else could it have been)?

I realize that this has been a long post  but there is no way to abbreviate it and still get my message across properly.  In summary I would suggest that because of the high electrical field you carry that you are very careful who you are near during a lightening storm.   

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)