The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
April 02, 2020, 12:29:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2020, 12:29:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Need Advice on Preventing "Telepathic"/"Sympathetic" Pain  (Read 16303 times)
redfawn
Last Login:July 07, 2011, 11:07:22 pm
United States United States

Religion: pegan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #15: June 17, 2011, 09:36:55 pm »

I see what you mean.
And I won't argue that it is possible.

Only, I can't think of a quick way to use a stone or something like it for solution of the problem.
The 'usual suspects' - like Amethyst - are against the headaches, not for shielding pain away.

OTOH you could try to 'program' a piece of clear quarz crystal to filter the 'wrong' vibes out.

I have no idea, if it'll work tho'.

I have always thought that I had the same problem. I feel others peoples pain, and take it on as my own, almost the same with people’s thoughts. This has caused me pain and confusion over the years. I will try the amethyst; I also try to surround myself in a shield to protect myself. Nice to know I am not the only one out there.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

rachaell
Senior Newbie
Last Login:June 19, 2011, 02:52:44 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: earth pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #16: June 18, 2011, 02:45:02 am »

(This is one of those topics that doesn't really seem to fit any of the folders, so I'm putting it here.)

I'm looking for advice about an energy-related health issue.  Please bear with me while I explain.

As many of you know, I've suffered from severe migraines since childhood.  They've gotten so bad that I can no longer work.  My older daughter (I'll call her "D") has also had problems with migraines since she was a young teenager, but hers weren't too bad.  She could manage them pretty easily with the right meds. 

About 4 months ago, D was in a car accident in which her foot was broken.  She was on crutches and strong pain meds for several weeks, which forced her to withdraw from classes for the semester.  Since she had nothing better to do, she started hanging around with me for most of the day, virtually every day.  After a couple of weeks, we realized her headaches were getting worse and worse.  We tried a variety of potential remedies with no luck, so we sat down and thought about what might be triggering the increase and severity of D's headaches.  And that led us to our theory of telepathic -- or sympathetic -- migraines.  Cheesy

She and I have always had a very strong empathic link, to the point where we can practically read each other's mind.  We suspect that D is experiencing some degree of my migraines through this link.  (I know how that sounds.  But we really do think that's what is happening.)

So, what we think we need to do is to somehow block me from sending the pain to D and shield D from feeling it.  But we don't want to damage our link otherwise.

Has anyone experienced anything like this "telepathic pain"?  How did you deal with it?  Suggestions for establishing a very selective shield?  Or a very selective block?  We both work well with symbols and amulets, and with all kinds of stones and scents, so we're also very open to ideas for using tools like that to help us.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

~ Aster

Hello Aster Breo - I read about your situation with 'sympathetic' pain a day or so ago and feel I may be able to suggest a solution.  I have had the ability to 'share' someone's pain at will and have done so for many years.  In fact I first realized I had the ability back in 65 when my oldest daugher had a bad ear ache.  I have also shared someone else's pain without willing it because my friend was in so much agony that I ended up sharing it in the wee hours of the morning thereby making her pain endurable. 

I don't suggest that you 'break' this link with your daughter as you may need it at some future time.  This is your way of knowing if she is injured/hurt should she ever be at a distance from you.  I am basically a scientifically minded 'earth pagan'.  This means that I view all things from the perspective of the various sciences first.  A simple solution to migrains is a good massage therapist, neck and shoulder relaxation exercises, and calming meditation.  If you feel around at the back of your neck almost right under the skull about mid-way between your spine and your ears (both sides) you will most likely feel some painful spots.  These are very small muscles that have become very tense.  There are also some small blood vessels there that carry blood to your head.  These vessels can become 'squeezed' which reduces the free flow of blood and can cause bad headaches. 

The above is your first line of defense.  The second is your refusal to accept someone else's pain.  This can work for yourself, your daughter or anyone else involved.  If you have the pain and your daughter is picking it up tell her to say 'audibly' that "it is your pain not hers and she is giving it back to you".  You reply that "yes, you are accepting it back, it is not her pain but yours alone".  Both of you say this out loud to each other.  You may have to say this a few times to begin with until you both get stronger with it.  But when you say it 'mean it' don't just play.

If the pain is someone else's and you don't want it just tell yourself that it is not your problem, you have your life and they have theirs.  This is not as harsh as it sounds because you cannot carry all the pain of others.   The problem with 'sharing' someone else's pain or taking it to yourself is that as his/her pain lessons so will the probability that they will do something about it such as seeing a doctor or taking some other alternative to addressing their problem and you end up with a lifetime of pain that doesn't belong to you.     

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)