The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
October 19, 2020, 12:22:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2020, 12:22:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: NHL hockey returns to Winnipeg  (Read 1519 times)
Nyktipolos
Adept Member
Last Login:August 29, 2014, 09:54:53 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Path of the Nightwanderer (Polytheist)

Gravatar

"Language is like wine upon the lips."

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Topic Start: May 31, 2011, 03:26:41 pm »

True North buys Thrashers; set to move team to Winnipeg

Fifteen years after the departure of the Jets, the city of Winnipeg has arrived at a triumphant moment that many thought would never come.

NHL hockey is returning to the Manitoba capital.

The True North Sports and Entertainment group announced on Tuesday that they have completed a deal to purchase the Atlanta Thrashers and move them to Winnipeg in time for the 2011-12 season.

The sale is still pending NHL Board of Governors approval, which should occur on June 21 when the board meets in New York. The transfer of ownership requires 75 percent approval from the Board while relocation only needs a majority result.

There is a season ticket drive starting tomorrow called Drive to 13 (http://www.driveto13.com/); 13,000 season tickets being the number True North wants to sell by June 21st (the date of the Board of Govenors meeting) to show hockey will be able to thrive here and that people are willing to pay NHL prices (similar to Edmonton, Calgary, and Ottawa). Tickets will be available for sale first to Manitoba Moose season ticket holders first, and then be available to the public on Saturday.

To say I am happy is not even close to how I'm feeling (planning on heading to the Forks later, which is where the party is right now). Cheesy But they will truly be home when Thomson and Chipman pick the only reasonable name to name the team: the Jets.

The Night Wanderer's Path <3
“God didn’t promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain,
but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.”

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Waterfall
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:July 30, 2011, 04:52:42 am
United States United States

Religion: Lokean

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: June 01, 2011, 06:07:21 am »

True North buys Thrashers; set to move team to Winnipeg

There is a season ticket drive starting tomorrow called Drive to 13 (http://www.driveto13.com/); 13,000 season tickets being the number True North wants to sell by June 21st (the date of the Board of Govenors meeting) to show hockey will be able to thrive here and that people are willing to pay NHL prices (similar to Edmonton, Calgary, and Ottawa). Tickets will be available for sale first to Manitoba Moose season ticket holders first, and then be available to the public on Saturday.

To say I am happy is not even close to how I'm feeling (planning on heading to the Forks later, which is where the party is right now). Cheesy But they will truly be home when Thomson and Chipman pick the only reasonable name to name the team: the Jets.

Awesome! I've always wanted to go to a hockey game in Canada, so I think I might have to go to Winnipeg for that! But I think I'm more interested in the division changes. Hopefully this means Colorado gets out of the Northwest. Don't like it there. Much rather go back to the Pacific so I can laugh at the fact that Colorado is in the Pacific division.

But congrats to Winnipeg!
Nyktipolos
Adept Member
Last Login:August 29, 2014, 09:54:53 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Path of the Nightwanderer (Polytheist)

Gravatar

"Language is like wine upon the lips."

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #2: June 04, 2011, 02:22:39 pm »

Awesome! I've always wanted to go to a hockey game in Canada, so I think I might have to go to Winnipeg for that! But I think I'm more interested in the division changes. Hopefully this means Colorado gets out of the Northwest. Don't like it there. Much rather go back to the Pacific so I can laugh at the fact that Colorado is in the Pacific division.

But congrats to Winnipeg!

Looks like they won't be doing anything until next season. For now the Winnipeg team will be playing out of the South East decision. However you know what the real issue is? Who sits out during Hockey Day in Canada? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Also new information! The Drive to 13 is officially successful!!! Within 17 minutes of being on sale to the general public, more than 5,000 tickets were sold! As someone put it on Twitter: Winnipeg isn't have a season ticket drive; Winnipeg is having a season ticket drag race.

I also miraculously got tickets, because apparently there were A LOT of people who were refreshing like mad at noon and got nothing.

The Night Wanderer's Path <3
“God didn’t promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain,
but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.”

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)