The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
January 25, 2021, 06:31:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 25, 2021, 06:31:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: help creating a shoelace spell  (Read 5767 times)
spoOk
Master Member
Last Login:November 03, 2011, 01:16:00 am
Canada Canada

Religion: pagan?

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: June 02, 2011, 02:53:46 pm »

I was at work one day and completely fed up with my shoelaces.
they keep coming untucked and untied all the time and only at work!!!
I thought I might come up with a spell to speak as I tie them up to keep them from coming undone till I untie them myself,but I was having a hard time coming up with wording I found acceptable and unbackfireable.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #1: June 02, 2011, 03:00:44 pm »

I have such shoes too.
The laces won't stay tied, unless I make another knot after tying them.
And voilà, spell completed. Wink

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance. You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)
treekisser
Adept Member
Last Login:July 30, 2011, 05:18:30 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Bajoran

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: June 02, 2011, 03:04:03 pm »

I have such shoes too.

That's going in my BOS. Word.

'Whatever such a mind sees is a flower, and whatever such a mind dreams of is the moon.' - Basho
spoOk
Master Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: June 02, 2011, 03:29:35 pm »

That's going in my BOS. Word.

and if a double knot isn't keeping them tucked out of my way and they still trip me up and get pulled apart?

I'm telling you I didnt come to the idea of this spell lightly!
LOL

Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #4: June 02, 2011, 03:32:05 pm »

and if a double knot isn't keeping them tucked out of my way and they still trip me up and get pulled apart?

LOL

Then I would dare to assume, that the material they are made of is entirely shoe-lace-unsuitable.  Cheesy
I'd buy some new ones that are better.

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance. You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)
FierFlye
Adept Member
Last Login:December 14, 2013, 06:14:57 pm
United States United States

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: FierFlye

Photo Credit: http://roothieb.blogspot.com/

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #5: June 02, 2011, 03:37:46 pm »

LOL

Get some of these: http://imremembering.com/post/4346748019/garfield-shoelace-clips-remembered-by-carlita

Spiritual Blog: Fier's Flame
Asch
Master Member
Last Login:July 14, 2011, 07:55:40 pm

Religion: OBOD & ADF

Blog entries (0)

CEPAsh

Ignore
« Reply #6: June 02, 2011, 03:44:36 pm »

I have such shoes too.

A trick I learned in the mil (putting on old-school chem boots) was to do the initial loop of the laces twice then pull it tight and to do the bunny ears etc. The double loop keeps the laces tight. It won't keep them from unraveling altogether but it helps.

Check out my blog http://therealrantingash.blogspot.com WARNING here be naughty words and snark!

ADF blog http://dedicantspath.blogspot.com

Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear. - Thomas Jefferson

It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. - Thomas Jefferson
Mithril
Adept Member
Last Login:October 08, 2011, 09:24:55 pm
France France

Religion: Witch
TCN ID: Mithril

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: June 02, 2011, 03:49:41 pm »

A trick I learned in the mil (putting on old-school chem boots) was to do the initial loop of the laces twice then pull it tight and to do the bunny ears etc. The double loop keeps the laces tight. It won't keep them from unraveling altogether but it helps.

My response disappeared! GRRR!!!!

If you insist on magic, I had the same general issue with some sticky tack that would not keep my posters up. Like your shoe laces, no matter what I did it would not stay. I pressed super hard for varying lengths of time and that didn't help. They fell at least three times a day. So finally I got really annoyed. I pressed the poster into the fall and sent energy down my arm into the sticky tack, imagining it gaining friction and binding into the wall. I commanded it to stay and let go. They haven't fallen since. Maybe you could try a variant of that. Nice, simple, effective, and no props or backfires.

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."

"Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!"
~Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore
l6mmeleht
Senior Newbie
Last Login:June 04, 2011, 09:13:52 am
Estonia Estonia

Religion: pagan mix

Gravatar

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #8: June 04, 2011, 09:10:55 am »

I was at work one day and completely fed up with my shoelaces.
they keep coming untucked and untied all the time and only at work!!!
I thought I might come up with a spell to speak as I tie them up to keep them from coming undone till I untie them myself,but I was having a hard time coming up with wording I found acceptable and unbackfireable.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

There is a knot worth adding to spell book (is in mine - never quite managed remembering it) called The Reef Knot. IT shows on this page here how to tie it for a shoe -> http://www.womansday.com/Articles/Style-Beauty/Style/How-to-Tie-a-Reef-Knot.html

Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, but today is a gift. That's why they call it the Present.
Gelfling
Apprentice
Last Login:November 04, 2012, 12:23:19 pm

Religion: in transition

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: June 04, 2011, 11:20:37 am »

There is a knot worth adding to spell book (is in mine - never quite managed remembering it) called The Reef Knot. IT shows on this page here how to tie it for a shoe -> http://www.womansday.com/Articles/Style-Beauty/Style/How-to-Tie-a-Reef-Knot.html

Not the OP, but ohmygosh thank you!  A few months ago, I bought a skirt online that has a belt that was tied like that, and without thinking I completely untied the belt to try on the skirt.  I've been trying to figure out how to re-tie it without knowing the name of the knot ever since!
spoOk
Master Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #10: June 04, 2011, 02:19:02 pm »

Not the OP, but ohmygosh thank you!  A few months ago, I bought a skirt online that has a belt that was tied like that, and without thinking I completely untied the belt to try on the skirt.  I've been trying to figure out how to re-tie it without knowing the name of the knot ever since!
ooh reef knots and clips!
I think I just need to find a pair of steel toe work boots that do up with Velcro!
lol
none of my other boots do this....it's weird,I keep trying to figure out what I do differently with my feet at work that I don't do otherwise that might be loosening the lace bows.

Asch
Master Member
Last Login:July 14, 2011, 07:55:40 pm

Religion: OBOD & ADF

Blog entries (0)

CEPAsh

Ignore
« Reply #11: June 04, 2011, 02:30:54 pm »

ooh reef knots and clips!
I think I just need to find a pair of steel toe work boots that do up with Velcro!
lol
none of my other boots do this....it's weird,I keep trying to figure out what I do differently with my feet at work that I don't do otherwise that might be loosening the lace bows.

Do you do much crouching? If you're wearing boots and crouching I've found the extra pressure/force can work laces loose. Try looping the laces around the upper part of the boot/your calf and then tying them - assuming the laces are long enough. Smiley

Check out my blog http://therealrantingash.blogspot.com WARNING here be naughty words and snark!

ADF blog http://dedicantspath.blogspot.com

Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear. - Thomas Jefferson

It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. - Thomas Jefferson

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)