The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
March 02, 2021, 09:34:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 02, 2021, 09:34:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Do you guys really think love spells work?  (Read 82867 times)
Jenett
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 23, 2020, 06:56:44 pm
United States United States

Religion: Priestess in initiatory religious witchcraft tradition

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #15: June 03, 2011, 11:59:43 pm »

I'm curious, have these persons told their respective S.O's that they had done spells like that prior to meeting? If so, to your knowledge, were the affected parties upset by that revelation?

I want to be clear, it was not "Make someone love me", but "Help me engage with this energy to meet the person who can be the kind of partner I'm seeking, and who is also seeking me."

And yes, both partners know it (they're also good friends of mine), and are fine with it. (Everyone in this equation is Pagan, witchy, and a user of magic themselves, though one of the people had no formal training before meeting their partner.)

If I remember correctly (and like I said, it's been a while since they met - actually, a bit over 7 years in one case, and a bit less in the other).. in both cases, it was really clear to the relevant partner that there was something powerful and engaging (but not compelling in the sense that they had no choice) at work - like I said, a set of unlikely, but plausible circumstances bringing people together so they could create a relationship together. Very intense at the start, and settling down a bit given a year or so. And in both cases, the other partner was looking for something to change in the relationships in their life/was at a stage where they were considering new romantic relationships/etc.

The "Walk into the room, and know this person is going to be important to your life, but not yet how" thing, not "Walk into the room and be madly in love for no good reason."

The person in question (who, like I said, is someone whose ethics I have a great deal of respect for: I'm sure you understand that I'm being careful here because it's something that touches on other people's privacy, so I don't want to share identifying details) basically described it as opening a door - or maybe a floodgate - to ride energy that was already there and available, but that had not been flowing freely in either of their lives. Opening that door created possibilities that weren't realistic before, but it was still the choice of the other partners what to do about it, whether they wanted to make that connection, etc.

Blog: Thoughts from a threshold: http://gleewood.org/threshold
Info for seekers: http://gleewood.org/seeking
Pagan books and resources: http://gleewood.org/books

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Asch
Master Member
Last Login:July 14, 2011, 07:55:40 pm

Religion: OBOD & ADF

Blog entries (0)

CEPAsh

Ignore
« Reply #16: June 04, 2011, 12:15:38 am »

I want to be clear, it was not "Make someone love me", but "Help me engage with this energy to meet the person who can be the kind of partner I'm seeking, and who is also seeking me."

And yes, both partners know it (they're also good friends of mine), and are fine with it. (Everyone in this equation is Pagan, witchy, and a user of magic themselves, though one of the people had no formal training before meeting their partner.)

If I remember correctly (and like I said, it's been a while since they met - actually, a bit over 7 years in one case, and a bit less in the other).. in both cases, it was really clear to the relevant partner that there was something powerful and engaging (but not compelling in the sense that they had no choice) at work - like I said, a set of unlikely, but plausible circumstances bringing people together so they could create a relationship together. Very intense at the start, and settling down a bit given a year or so. And in both cases, the other partner was looking for something to change in the relationships in their life/was at a stage where they were considering new romantic relationships/etc.

The "Walk into the room, and know this person is going to be important to your life, but not yet how" thing, not "Walk into the room and be madly in love for no good reason."

The person in question (who, like I said, is someone whose ethics I have a great deal of respect for: I'm sure you understand that I'm being careful here because it's something that touches on other people's privacy, so I don't want to share identifying details) basically described it as opening a door - or maybe a floodgate - to ride energy that was already there and available, but that had not been flowing freely in either of their lives. Opening that door created possibilities that weren't realistic before, but it was still the choice of the other partners what to do about it, whether they wanted to make that connection, etc.

I was aware that it wasn't a LOVE ME NOW forceful act. Thanks for sharing. Smiley

Check out my blog http://therealrantingash.blogspot.com WARNING here be naughty words and snark!

ADF blog http://dedicantspath.blogspot.com

Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear. - Thomas Jefferson

It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. - Thomas Jefferson
Marjis
Last Login:February 13, 2012, 01:21:25 pm
Finland Finland

Religion: Finnish paganism

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #17: June 04, 2011, 03:12:45 am »

So now it's story time. Have love spells ever worked for you or someone you know?

Unfortunately, yes. I've seen one much too effective. A friend of mine did that a few years ago. She wanted to bring love to her life, just meet someone to love. She made the spell, described her ideal man and all the "usual" stuff. One tiny bit just was forgotten, mentioning that she wants a heterosexual man. For like two years she was really obsessed by one of my friends, who is utterly gay. Things went really bad and it took a lot to get her over it, a total cut off was needed and they haven't spoken to each other in years now.
r2squared
Journeyman
Last Login:July 15, 2011, 11:52:35 am

Religion: not sure yet

Blog entries (0)

Timothy Bloodworth

Ignore
« Reply #18: June 04, 2011, 09:11:03 am »

So yes. I do think love spells can work. And there you have the two stories of my attempts.

That was quite interesting. You made a believer out of me for sure.

I'm on the right track, baby.
Hella Jeff
Apprentice
Last Login:July 28, 2011, 01:18:56 am

Religion: Stoicism

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #19: June 04, 2011, 11:32:47 pm »

This is a discussion, not a request. I want to know if you guys truly believe in love spells. I sort of on the fence with this. I've seen love spells that simply bring "romance" in your life, and that I can wrap my mind around. Then there's love spells that focus around a particular person. That, I have a harder time grasping, only because we all know that we can't bend another's will with magic.

And even if you do a love spell just to bring romance in your life, what if something goes wrong and instead of romance, you just get loves of sexual advances? That could happen.

So now it's story time. Have love spells ever worked for you or someone you know?

Love spells are a powerfull tool in the pagan warrior monks arsenal. Magik is a war not against any men but against LIFE. YOU BEND LIFE TO YOUR VERY WILL BY THE POWER OF YOUR UNBRIDLED QUANTUM SPIRIT. Part of taking the leap in to the occult lifestyle is the shedding of mediocrity. If you love someone and you are not doing everything in your power to make them love you back THEN YOU DONT DESRV THEM.

"Do or do not. There is no try."
-Alester Crowley

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
Ellen M.
Adept Member
Last Login:February 17, 2013, 08:34:24 pm

Religion: ADF - UU - eclectic Wiccan - devotee of Brighid

Go, then - there are other worlds than these.

Blog entries (0)

Ellen MacInnis lellenator

Ignore
« Reply #20: June 05, 2011, 12:03:05 am »

Love spells are a powerfull tool in the pagan warrior monks arsenal. Magik is a war not against any men but against LIFE. YOU BEND LIFE TO YOUR VERY WILL BY THE POWER OF YOUR UNBRIDLED QUANTUM SPIRIT. Part of taking the leap in to the occult lifestyle is the shedding of mediocrity. If you love someone and you are not doing everything in your power to make them love you back THEN YOU DONT DESRV THEM.

...that's either the most convoluted explanation of - well, I don't even know what that's supposed to be about - ever, or the worst attempt at trolling ever. Either way: no.

Sage and Starshine: My new Pagan blog about Druidry, witchcraft, Brighid, and everything in between. -- 14th post 6/1/11
Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #21: June 05, 2011, 12:14:15 am »

-Alester Crowley

Hella Jeff,

A side note:  Your avatar does not meet our requirements.  Our avatar guidelines specify that avatars may not be larger than 128 pixels wide by 200 tall and must be 10kb or less in file size.  I have to ask you to please either reduce the size of your current avatar or find a different one that complies with our rules.  (If you need help with either of these things, consider posting in the Avatar Helpers thread or the Board Questions, Suggestions and Feedback board.  We have several members who can lend a hand.)

This isn't a formal warning, just a heads-up.  No reply is necessary, but if you have questions or need clarification, please feel free to contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks!
Melamphoros,
TC Board Staff

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog
Nitz
Master Member
Last Login:March 01, 2012, 08:03:19 am
Canada Canada

Religion: Eclectic Animist Warlock

Aaarf

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #22: June 05, 2011, 12:23:37 am »

-Alester Crowley

I thought that was Yoda.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. ~ Arthur C. Clarke
Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #23: June 05, 2011, 06:06:14 am »

I thought that was Yoda.

Me too.  Cheesy

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance. You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)
monsnoleedra
Journeyman
Last Login:July 24, 2011, 06:48:39 am

Religion: Shamanic & Hedgewitch

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #24: June 05, 2011, 11:20:13 am »

This is a discussion, not a request. I want to know if you guys truly believe in love spells. ..

Truthfully no I do not think they work.  What I think they do is make the caster more certain in self and that makes them more confident.  In some ways almost the inverese of a curse in that the curse in part relies on the target thinking they are cursed.  In the love spell it makes the caster or target of the spell more certain and confident that "Love" will come to them so they become more aware of thier surroundings and those that are there with them.  Many times making them see people who have been around them for some time already.

Of course the disadvantage is that one may become overconfident in their beliefs and opinions of self.  Then it becomes catastrophic when thier desire does not return to them or they look through rose colored glasses and see what was not there or in the way they had hoped and desired.
HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #25: June 05, 2011, 11:21:15 am »

...that's either the most convoluted explanation of - well, I don't even know what that's supposed to be about - ever, or the worst attempt at trolling ever. Either way: no.

yeah, that's not remotely what I would call *love* ....

obsession, maybe.  Stalking, creepiness, shotgun-earning .. but not love.

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org
Tiki
Journeyman
Last Login:June 02, 2013, 12:05:10 pm

Religion: Discordian

Gravatar

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #26: June 05, 2011, 12:00:04 pm »

This is a discussion, not a request. I want to know if you guys truly believe in love spells. I sort of on the fence with this. I've seen love spells that simply bring "romance" in your life, and that I can wrap my mind around. Then there's love spells that focus around a particular person. That, I have a harder time grasping, only because we all know that we can't bend another's will with magic.

And even if you do a love spell just to bring romance in your life, what if something goes wrong and instead of romance, you just get loves of sexual advances? That could happen.

I've had people tell me that they were going to cast a love spell on me. If they did, it never worked.
treekisser
Adept Member
Last Login:July 30, 2011, 05:18:30 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Bajoran

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #27: June 05, 2011, 12:16:48 pm »

In the love spell it makes the caster or target of the spell more certain and confident that "Love" will come to them so they become more aware of thier surroundings and those that are there with them.  Many times making them see people who have been around them for some time already.

Again, this doesn't explain the kind of spells aimed at bringing new people into your life. Who just happen to appear very soon after the spell, and match the qualities you ask for.

'Whatever such a mind sees is a flower, and whatever such a mind dreams of is the moon.' - Basho
treekisser
Adept Member
Last Login:July 30, 2011, 05:18:30 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Bajoran

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #28: June 05, 2011, 12:17:17 pm »

I've had people tell me that they were going to cast a love spell on me. If they did, it never worked.

I can't imagine a worse way to turn someone off!  Cheesy

'Whatever such a mind sees is a flower, and whatever such a mind dreams of is the moon.' - Basho
monsnoleedra
Journeyman
Last Login:July 24, 2011, 06:48:39 am

Religion: Shamanic & Hedgewitch

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #29: June 05, 2011, 02:25:59 pm »

Again, this doesn't explain the kind of spells aimed at bringing new people into your life. Who just happen to appear very soon after the spell, and match the qualities you ask for.

I can as more confidence also leeds people into areas or places they might not normally go to.  It also causes more people to notice them as they present a different presence.  As for qualities most have been there the whole time and seldom does it come from afar.  Thats after spending 23 years in the military travelling hte world and seeing quite a bit of it in action.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)