The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
April 17, 2021, 10:01:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2021, 10:01:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Do you guys really think love spells work?  (Read 83568 times)
Quark Kent
Apprentice
Last Login:June 16, 2011, 09:06:42 am
United States United States

Religion: Quantum Tantrist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #285: June 13, 2011, 09:45:07 am »

You're like Tom Cruise talking about Scientology.

...so much for "respecting all religions"...

"The few bad poems which occasionally are created during abstinence are of no great interest." -W.R.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Nitz
Master Member
Last Login:March 01, 2012, 08:03:19 am
Canada Canada

Religion: Eclectic Animist Warlock

Aaarf

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #286: June 13, 2011, 09:49:41 am »

That doesn't disrespect religion.

It means you're all gung ho and loving to talk about it but the more you say the more people have a problem with it.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. ~ Arthur C. Clarke
Asch
Master Member
Last Login:July 14, 2011, 07:55:40 pm

Religion: OBOD & ADF

Blog entries (0)

CEPAsh

Ignore
« Reply #287: June 13, 2011, 10:15:13 am »

Respecting a religion doesn't mean agreeing with it.

Check out my blog http://therealrantingash.blogspot.com WARNING here be naughty words and snark!

ADF blog http://dedicantspath.blogspot.com

Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear. - Thomas Jefferson

It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. - Thomas Jefferson
monsnoleedra
Journeyman
Last Login:July 24, 2011, 06:48:39 am

Religion: Shamanic & Hedgewitch

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #288: June 13, 2011, 10:23:04 am »

Personaly I'd say it was not about the religion of Scientology the moment the focus became about Tom Cruse and his presentation of the relgion and not the religion itself.  But I've already caused enough hate and discontent so shall back out of this thread.
Nitz
Master Member
Canada Canada

Aaarf

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #289: June 13, 2011, 10:53:57 am »

Personaly I'd say it was not about the religion of Scientology the moment the focus became about Tom Cruse and his presentation of the relgion and not the religion itself.  But I've already caused enough hate and discontent so shall back out of this thread.

That is correct good sir and or madam.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. ~ Arthur C. Clarke
Quark Kent
Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #290: June 13, 2011, 11:03:57 am »

That is correct good sir and or madam.

So, because I am stating my beliefs I am somehow similar to Tom Cruise, a person who I infer you do not like or respect. Which appears to me to be an attempt to indirectly attack and/or slander me. I'm sure you will deny that, but that's how it looks from where I'm sitting.

"The few bad poems which occasionally are created during abstinence are of no great interest." -W.R.
Nitz
Master Member
Canada Canada

Aaarf

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #291: June 13, 2011, 11:14:03 am »

So, because I am stating my beliefs I am somehow similar to Tom Cruise, a person who I infer you do not like or respect. Which appears to me to be an attempt to indirectly attack and/or slander me. I'm sure you will deny that, but that's how it looks from where I'm sitting.

I like Tom Cruise, he's a good actor. But as someone who's been made the unofficial spokesperson for his beliefs he leaves much to be desired and makes me want to turn away from learning about Scientology... I'm not using it to attack or slander you personally... I'm using it to say that the way you talk about your beliefs produces a similar reaction in me to the reaction I get about Scientology from Tom Cruise.

Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #292: June 13, 2011, 11:24:58 am »

If you feel you or your religion have been attacked, please use the Report to Moderator link in the lower right-hand corner of the offending post.  Attacks on people or religions are against the rules here, and that makes them an issue to be dealt with by the moderators, not hashed out in-thread.  If it isn't worth reporting, then it isn't worth bringing up as a point in the in-thread debate either.

This is not an official warning, just a friendly reminder.  If you have questions or need further clarification, please contact a moderator privately.

Thank you.

Star
Cauldron Message Board Coordinator

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #293: June 13, 2011, 11:41:15 am »

HOST HAT ONAs I have told you before, respecting a religion does not mean one cannot point out what one thinks is incorrect about its beliefs or about the public behavior of some of its adherents. All that is required is not making the equivalent of what this forum's Hosts consider "personal attacks" against the religion and respecting the right of others to follow a religion no matter how much one disagrees with that religion's teachings, beliefs, hierarchy or the like. If you identify so strongly with a religion's beliefs that you consider any strong disagreement with those beliefs as an attack on you, that is not something the staff of this board will do anything about as no rules violations have occurred. I realize that you probably do not agree with this. However, if you don't and are unwilling to live with the religious debate and discussion on this board you will have to either avoid threads that will upset you or find another board. Continual complaining about the issue is not acceptable.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Quark Kent
Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #294: June 13, 2011, 11:52:17 am »

[modbreak=HOST HAT ON]As I have told you before, respecting a religion does not mean one cannot point out what one thinks is incorrect about its beliefs or about the public behavior of some of its adherents. All that is required is not making the equivalent of what this forum's Hosts consider "personal attacks" against the religion and respecting the right of others to follow a religion no matter how much one disagrees with that religion's teachings, beliefs, hierarchy or the like. If you identify so strongly with a religion's beliefs that you consider any strong disagreement with those beliefs as an attack on you, that is not something the staff of this board will do anything about as no rules violations have occurred. I realize that you probably do not agree with this. However, if you don't and are unwilling to live with the religious debate and discussion on this board you will have to either avoid threads that will upset you or find another board. Continual complaining about the issue is not acceptable.[/modbreak]

I agree with you, and my comment was more about Nitz's views on Scientology, not Quantum Tantra.

And I'd like to point out that no one has tried to argue against my views, they just call it evil and wrong. Please not that the preceding sentence was not a complaint, merely an observation.

Nitz
Master Member
Canada Canada

Aaarf

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #295: June 13, 2011, 11:58:13 am »

I agree with you, and my comment was more about Nitz's views on Scientology, not Quantum Tantra.

And I'd like to point out that no one has tried to argue against my views, they just call it evil and wrong. Please not that the preceding sentence was not a complaint, merely an observation.

I don't have any views on Scientology or Quantum Tantra.

Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #296: June 13, 2011, 12:18:26 pm »

Commentary of any kind about mod decisions is not welcome in-thread; it's not just complaints that are against the rules.  (Besides which, saying "this is not a complaint" does not prevent it from being one anyway.)  If you feel you have been attacked, REPORT IT.  We need specific posts, specific quotes, specific complaints.  We are not going to sift through the whole thread looking for the one place where it might look as though someone were calling your views evil and wrong.  You need to help us out here, since we've clearly missed what you're seeing as an attack.

I got your PM and will respond to it when I've had a chance to refresh my memory on the previous situation.  I believe I may be able to clarify it for you, but I need some time; I have a lot on my plate today and can't get to it right away.  Until then, that the situation is pending does not give you license to break the rules.  If you need clarification, contact one of us privately and wait for a reply.  Do not continue to discuss this in-thread.  I should mention here that there has very recently been a rather lengthy discussion of the public moderation/private appeal process used here which I think has somewhat annoyed the hosts, and I suspect that this particular issue is likely to be treated more severely just now as a result.  This is the way it works here, this is the way it has always worked here, and no one is going to get exceptions made for them.

Star
Cauldron Message Board Coordinator

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
r2squared
Journeyman
Last Login:July 15, 2011, 11:52:35 am

Religion: not sure yet

Blog entries (0)

Timothy Bloodworth

Ignore
« Reply #297: June 13, 2011, 02:14:52 pm »

Oh my GOD, this ALWAYS happens to threads that I start. People, we're suppose to be talking about LOVE SPELLS. What is all this nonsense about attacking religions and Scientology? Geez.

I'm on the right track, baby.
Marilyn (ABSENTMINDED)
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 06, 2013, 08:12:28 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: free-flowing animist, Dudeist Priest
TCN ID: Absentminded

Blog entries (11)

« Reply #298: June 13, 2011, 02:31:38 pm »

Oh my GOD, this ALWAYS happens to threads that I start. People, we're suppose to be talking about LOVE SPELLS. What is all this nonsense about attacking religions and Scientology? Geez.

r2squared,

You may have started this thread, but you can't expect to completely control it.  That comes far too close to telling other members how to post, or modding other members.

If you want to bring the thread back on track, what you should do is find an appropriate post before it went off track and reply to it.  This will give people who also want to get back to the original topic something to hang their responses on as well, and will encourage that part of the conversation.

Be aware, though, that if people prefer the drifted topic then that is what they will reply to.  That conversation can't be stopped by fiat; it will go on as long as people have something to say.

A likely result is that there will be two parallel conversations happening in the same thread, nicely illustrating one of the reasons for the quote rule. Cheesy

Marilyn
Board Staff

"There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure."
- Jack E. Leonard

Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light.

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in

L Cohen
Thorn
Adept Member
Last Login:September 05, 2012, 07:09:15 pm

Religion: Ecclectic pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #299: June 13, 2011, 03:03:19 pm »

Don't worry, it's not just you.  Thread drift happens in all TC threads.  It's not discouraged here - conversations go where they will.

[WTH?  "Warning - while you were typing 298 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post. "  Huh ]

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)