The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
November 29, 2020, 09:18:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 29, 2020, 09:18:24 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Dead Bird...  (Read 8923 times)
Celtee
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:May 02, 2013, 06:50:08 pm
United States United States

Religion: Wandering Seeker with Celtic and Hedgewitch leanings
TCN ID: SilverWolf

The lone wolf waits...

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #15: June 25, 2007, 01:47:00 pm »

I think, yeah.  :nod nod:  I haven't figured out the specifics of mounting yet, and what they'll be mounted on even - I want to go with something a little more meaningful than a random dowel.  I also want to wrap partially with leather around whatever the handle is made of...

Altar broom/ wafting things fan, I think they will be great for directing incense etc.

LOL, I was actually asking if you'd not figured out how to raise the dead.  Cheesy

Your plan for those wings sounds like a wonderful idea. I hope you can bring the pictures in your head into being without too much trouble.  Smiley

"It's only forever
Not long at all"
~~Jareth

"Time may change me
But I can't trace time
I said that time may change me
But I can't trace time"
Changes
~~ David Bowie

"Why do you have to be a nonconformist like everybody else?"
~~James Thurber

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Chaliceocean
Master Member
Last Login:August 13, 2007, 06:02:20 pm

Religion: eclectic pagan

Perfect Love,Perfect Trust)O(

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #16: June 25, 2007, 05:32:22 pm »

This morning we had the "luck" of finding a dead cardinal.   Sad

and now I feel like I have to follow through, because I sort of in a round about way asked for this,

Sounds like a classic case of ask and ye shall receive mixed with be careful what you *witch* for,lol.

Bright Blessings

~Dont believe in anything simply because you have heard it, simply because it's spoken and rumored by many, simply because it is found written in your religious books, in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders, in traditions becuase they have been handed down for many generations. But after careful observation and analysis,when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conductive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.~*~Buddha~*~
Celtee
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:May 02, 2013, 06:50:08 pm

Religion: Wandering Seeker with Celtic and Hedgewitch leanings
TCN ID: SilverWolf

The lone wolf waits...

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #17: June 25, 2007, 05:46:54 pm »

Sounds like a classic case of ask and ye shall receive mixed with be careful what you *witch* for,lol.

LOL, darn good analogy!

"It's only forever
Not long at all"
~~Jareth

"Time may change me
But I can't trace time
I said that time may change me
But I can't trace time"
Changes
~~ David Bowie

"Why do you have to be a nonconformist like everybody else?"
~~James Thurber
Chaliceocean
Master Member
Last Login:August 13, 2007, 06:02:20 pm

Religion: eclectic pagan

Perfect Love,Perfect Trust)O(

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #18: June 25, 2007, 05:51:08 pm »

LOL, darn good analogy!

LOL ty sweetie

~Dont believe in anything simply because you have heard it, simply because it's spoken and rumored by many, simply because it is found written in your religious books, in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders, in traditions becuase they have been handed down for many generations. But after careful observation and analysis,when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conductive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.~*~Buddha~*~
Mandi
Adept Member
Last Login:June 03, 2011, 01:52:13 am

Religion: ergghhhmmmmnnnnn....

Did the big meanies break yer speshulness

Blog entries (48)

Ignore
« Reply #19: June 26, 2007, 07:16:00 am »

LOL, I was actually asking if you'd not figured out how to raise the dead.  Cheesy

Your plan for those wings sounds like a wonderful idea. I hope you can bring the pictures in your head into being without too much trouble.  Smiley

Naw, I was relieved enough the first time I had raising the dead taken off my chore list.  The concept rather gave me the shudders even in retrospect!  So I skipped it.   Grin  Fingers in ears going la la la for that part of your last post.

Knowing my luck the attempt would result in 7 months of songbirds delivering themselves to my doorstep for deliverance, and coming back as the zombie menagerie and terrorizing the cat.  -and goodness knows we can't have the cat traumatized.  Otherwise there'd be nobody left to pay the bills.  lolol

I'm gonna tell my son to join a circus so that death is cheap
And games are just another way of life
And I'm gonna tell my son to be a prophet of mistakes
Because for every truth there are half a million lies
And I'm gonna lock my son up in a tower
Till he learns to let his hair down far enough to climb outside.
-LIz Pahir
Mandi
Adept Member

Blog entries (48)

Ignore
« Reply #20: July 03, 2007, 10:20:12 am »

This morning we had the "luck" of finding a dead cardinal.   Sad

Here's one for the yearbook...

Hubbs was out working on his bike t'other day, and noticed the tupperware that usually has my colored pencils on the garage floor full of salt... (can't imagine what this might be)

Later on we're hanging out and he goes "babe, you wouldn't happen to be trying to mummify that bird would you?" rather worried look on his face.

Naww says I.  He looks slightly relieved.  I take a deep breath and send what I hope are calming energies.  "Just his wings and tail"

Hubbs looks relieved, and begins to speak ohh- then he shakes off the cotton batting and his jaw nearly hits the floor.

Don't think about it too much says I; it sounds much worse than it actually is.  He shook his head and laughed it off. Poor hubbs.

-LIz Pahir
V
Journeyman
Last Login:November 27, 2008, 01:10:38 pm

Religion: Eclectic Wiccan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #21: July 03, 2007, 10:58:19 am »

Later on we're hanging out and he goes "babe, you wouldn't happen to be trying to mummify that bird would you?" rather worried look on his face.

Great story!  After about 25 years of marriage, my guy stopped asking questions that begin with "What..." or "You wouldn't..."

Now, if I said, "Hey Hon, I need your help with some totem poles."  His response would be, "How big are these totem poles?"  If he's thinking, "What the hell?", he never says it aloud anymore. 

If you stand with one foot in yesterday and the other foot in tomorrow, you'll piss all over today.
Mandi
Adept Member

Blog entries (48)

Ignore
« Reply #22: July 03, 2007, 12:37:55 pm »

Great story!  After about 25 years of marriage, my guy stopped asking questions that begin with "What..." or "You wouldn't..."

Now, if I said, "Hey Hon, I need your help with some totem poles."  His response would be, "How big are these totem poles?"  If he's thinking, "What the hell?", he never says it aloud anymore. 

My hubbs would be saying 'and where do we plan on storing said totem poles...'

He's learning to hold back on the raised eyebrows pending results.  I started sanding down the dresser to refinish it.  Old evil bad vibe dresser from his parents, and I've finally gotten motivated to sand off forty years of bad luck from the damn thing.

He didn't make a face until I mentioned spray painting the hardware black.  Like wrought iron.

-LIz Pahir

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)