The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
October 26, 2020, 11:21:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2020, 11:21:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: TC now has a Facebook Page  (Read 6663 times)
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 08, 2020, 10:47:08 am
United States United States

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Topic Start: June 06, 2011, 03:18:05 pm »

After the problems people had getting onto our site yesterday (see this thread for more info: TC listed as an 'attack site' in FireFox), I decided that TC needed a simple Facebook where people can go to find info in cases like this. I doubt it will be used for much more than announcements, but it's there. Smiley

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Cauldron-A-Pagan-Forum/120071048078233

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #1: June 06, 2011, 03:24:32 pm »

After the problems people had getting onto our site yesterday (see this thread for more info: TC listed as an 'attack site' in FireFox), I decided that TC needed a simple Facebook where people can go to find info in cases like this. I doubt it will be used for much more than announcements, but it's there. Smiley

That's a good idea!

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance. You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #2: June 06, 2011, 03:27:51 pm »

Just a reminder -- "Like" the page if you want, but ONLY if you don't mind half the world (or so it seems) knowing about it. If you have a Facebook id that isn't publicly Pagan, think twice before doing so. You can bookmark the page on your browser and read announcements there privately.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Mithril
Adept Member
Last Login:October 08, 2011, 09:24:55 pm
France France

Religion: Witch
TCN ID: Mithril

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: June 06, 2011, 04:25:31 pm »

During the whole issue I thought to myself "Guh why is there no other way I can get in touch with TC and see what's going on? They should be on FB!" And you read my mind. ^_^

(yet another check for the pros side of the fb pros and cons list)

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."

"Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!"
~Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore
MadHouseWitch
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:August 22, 2016, 07:07:41 pm

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: June 06, 2011, 04:31:57 pm »

During the whole issue I thought to myself "Guh why is there no other way I can get in touch with TC and see what's going on? They should be on FB!" And you read my mind. ^_^

THIS!  Exactly what I thought LOL
Gelfling
Apprentice
Last Login:November 04, 2012, 12:23:19 pm

Religion: in transition

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: June 06, 2011, 04:39:20 pm »

I was thinking the same thing, except Twitter since I'm keeping my crisis of faith under wraps until I have something concrete to present to my family.
Jubes
Journeyman
Last Login:July 29, 2012, 07:34:54 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: N/A

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: June 06, 2011, 04:56:54 pm »

[color=red]Just a reminder -- "Like" the page if you want, but ONLY if you don't mind half the world (or so it seems) knowing about it. If you have a Facebook id that isn't publicly Pagan, think twice before doing so.[/color] You can bookmark the page on your browser and read announcements there privately.

PFFFT  nothing   that  shows up on my facebook  page  could shock  my  family, they have SEEN  worse..... besides I'd  be  more worried about  you  guys  reading  my status some-days..... I'm really not  so  quiet IRL or uhmm NICE  for that matter  Grin

Armed with  common sense and worldly ways.......
Starglade
Adept Member
Last Login:April 02, 2012, 03:07:59 pm

Religion: Tibetan Buddhist
TCN ID: Starglade

Life is a work in progress.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: June 06, 2011, 09:23:05 pm »

This is an excellent move, Randall. If it hadn't been for our FB connection I'd have been unable to let you know I was having problems. Between that and some of my other TC/FB connex, I was able to be in touch and feel less . . . abandoned, for lack of a better word. I miss my TC. :-)

The source of all misery in the world lies in thinking of oneself. The source of all happiness lies in thinking of others. -- Shantideva

My public transcript is available for viewing.
http://www.brainbench.com/transcript.jsp?pid=7189853
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #8: June 06, 2011, 10:07:20 pm »

This is an excellent move, Randall. If it hadn't been for our FB connection I'd have been unable to let you know I was having problems. Between that and some of my other TC/FB connex, I was able to be in touch and feel less . . . abandoned, for lack of a better word. I miss my TC. :-)

We may never do much with it, but given how many of our members are on Facebook, it's probably the best way to get "emergency" messages and general update out.

Randall
Dark Midnight
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 01:47:57 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Religious Crystal Witch and FlameKeeper

1 beautiful soul is worth a thousand pretty faces!

Blog entries (0)

Sharon-Anne Bateman

Ignore
« Reply #9: June 07, 2011, 02:20:11 am »

We may never do much with it, but given how many of our members are on Facebook, it's probably the best way to get "emergency" messages and general update out.

It's a very good plan.  Smiley Cool

Never forget that it is MY life, no-one else's!

"Payback? Yes, I think so!"

"I seem to exist in a very pretty slice of Hell- Hello? Is there anyone else here?"
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #10: June 07, 2011, 08:16:29 am »

It's a very good plan.  Smiley Cool

I just hope I will not live to regret it. Like Lyric, I'm not a huge fan of Facebook with their constant platform changes, rules changes, and privacy changes. I don't have the time or the interest to keep up with them.

Randall
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #11: June 07, 2011, 08:39:33 am »

Just a reminder -- "Like" the page if you want, but ONLY if you don't mind half the world (or so it seems) knowing about it. If you have a Facebook id that isn't publicly Pagan, think twice before doing so. You can bookmark the page on your browser and read announcements there privately.

Briefly surfacing from vacation to add:  You can also subscribe via RSS feed (the link's in the left-hand column on the Facebook page, I think).  Which is what I'm doing, personally, since most of my Friends list is extended family who don't know I'm pagan but I still want to know when something gets posted.

The RSS feed appears to only grab updates from the page itself, not wall posts from other people etc.

::hops back to the beach::

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #12: June 07, 2011, 09:16:07 am »

Briefly surfacing from vacation to add:  You can also subscribe via RSS feed (the link's in the left-hand column on the Facebook page, I think).  Which is what I'm doing, personally, since most of my Friends list is extended family who don't know I'm pagan but I still want to know when something gets posted.

The RSS feed appears to only grab updates from the page itself, not wall posts from other people etc.

That's VERY useful.  Thanks for pointing that out.

Randall
dragonfly_high
Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 12:03:08 am

Religion: Eclectic - leaning towards ADF

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #13: June 07, 2011, 09:57:50 am »

LOL oh man, this is dangerious. Wink I'm on FB ALOT. If not there, here, sometimes both. Sigh! Spend too much time on the computer.

Dark Midnight
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 01:47:57 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Religious Crystal Witch and FlameKeeper

1 beautiful soul is worth a thousand pretty faces!

Blog entries (0)

Sharon-Anne Bateman

Ignore
« Reply #14: June 07, 2011, 10:32:57 am »

I just hope I will not live to regret it. Like Lyric, I'm not a huge fan of Facebook with their constant platform changes, rules changes, and privacy changes. I don't have the time or the interest to keep up with them.

I find it useful to get notifications when I am not actually at my PC. It's a good way to get important messages sooner rather than later.

Never forget that it is MY life, no-one else's!

"Payback? Yes, I think so!"

"I seem to exist in a very pretty slice of Hell- Hello? Is there anyone else here?"

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)