The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
June 21, 2021, 03:54:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2021, 03:54:54 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Getting Discouraged about Wicca (with questions)  (Read 14386 times)
Rizzano
Last Login:June 15, 2011, 10:18:07 am
United States United States

Religion: Agnostic

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: June 15, 2011, 09:58:37 am »

Good morning all, I have a few questions about Wicca for any that can answer them knowledgeably.  I will have to provide a small back story so you can see where I am coming from.

I used to be Christian. A long time ago.  I found out it wasn't for me because I was always stressed about what sin I committed and rather or not I remembered to ask forgiveness for a particular sin.  I also was stressed because Christianity was too strict for me.  I couldn't watch certain television shows, listen to certain music, play certain video games.  Heck, to be perfectly honest, you aren't really supposed to do anything unless it in some way glorifies the Christian God.  The one thing I did like about Christianity was the connection I felt to a few other people and to God.  It wasn't enough though to outweigh the constant stress of all the rules.  I am not bashing the religion, just saying it wasn't for me anymore.

Fast forward, I met my wife 6 years ago. She's Wiccan.  She's always had a connection to her Deity(s). I remained Atheist because I just wasn't sure anymore.  

After some soul searching, I began to believe that a God or Goddess or some form of Deity exists in the form that the particular person chooses to believe in.  I believe this way because I have seen people in the Christian faith be touched by God, and I have felt it briefly myself.  I have witnessed pagan rituals that were meant to set a lost, trapped, or wayward spirit or ghost free.  I believe it worked because the reports of the noises and such that occurred stopped.  

Fast forward to about 9 months ago.  My wife started getting contacted via dreams by a Goddess.  The Goddess told my wife several different things that would happen, the first of which, when her grandmother, who was on her way out, would finally go and be at peace.  The Goddess was right.  Throughout several more months, The Goddess, who she found out was Rhiannon, told her more things would happen, which all were correct. She has a very strong and close connection to her Goddess.  

So now, I want to be Wiccan.  I want that connection again. I feel a void in my life that I believe is a spiritual one.  My questions are the following though:

1.  Are their Wiccan men? (I am a male.)
2.  Can you be Wiccan without having a connection to a certain Goddess?
3.  Who do Wiccans worship.
4.  Is it wrong to be jealous of my wife and want a connection like she has, knowing that maybe not all Wiccans experience what she has.
5.  Anything else I should know about this area of Wicca?

My wife researched Goddesses before she knew Her name, and interestingly enough, we play a game called World of Warcraft, and my wife's main character is and always has been Rhiannan. Through research of Goddesses, she felt a strong connection to the Goddess Rhiannon, and the next dream she called Her by that name, and She confirmed she was correct.

I have tried researching Goddesses myself to see if I feel any kind of connection to any, and have yet to find it. Maybe I am doing it wrong. Maybe I am not meant to have one. I have no idea.  I just know that I feel Wicca is right for me but I am completely lost as to what to do now.

I have talked to my wife but she doesn't have all the answers either.  I am not expecting to find someone who has all the answers, but maybe some people who do have SOME answers that I have not found yet.

Thanks for any reply.

~Rizzano
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 10:07:15 am by RandallS, Reason: Subject Changed » Logged

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Jenett
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 23, 2020, 06:56:44 pm

Religion: Priestess in initiatory religious witchcraft tradition

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #1: June 15, 2011, 11:02:29 am »

Hi there!

The first thing that might be helpful in figuring out some of your questions is knowing that people use the term 'Wicca' in a wide variety of different ways, and that there are other things that have some similarity to Wicca that might turn out to be a bettter fit for you.

I consider Wicca to be a particular strand of initiatory religious witchcraft with particular practices, deities, and religious mysteries or core areas of focus/concentration.

There are lots of other strands of religious witchcraft, one of which I'm an initiate and priestess in. You can see more about how what those terms mean, and different ways people use the term Wicca on my website at http://gleewood.org/seeking/basics/ under the "What is Wicca" section. Other stuff in there might also be helpful to you.

I'm going to take a couple of your questions out of order, because the answers will make more sense that way.

Absolutely. (In fact, British Traditional Wicca, which is the foundation for everything else called Wicca these days) requires it: there are rituals that can't be done without both a priest and priestess, and some of the mysteries focus heavily on gender polarity.

3.  Who do Wiccans worship.
Members of a British Traditional Wicca group (Gardnerians, Alexandrians, and a few other smaller traditions that aren't as widely known - often referred to as BTW) honor very specific deities whose names are kept private (oathbound). They may also develop a relationship with other deities, but generally honor/work with those deities outside of their BTW practice.

People in other paths that identify as Wiccan may honor a wide variety of deities. Sometimes this is consistent within a tradition, sometimes within a particular group. Again, it's fairly common (though not always expected/required) that people will develop additional relationships with deities outside of any group/tradition ones.

(I talk about some of my personal practices briefly over on my blog at http://gleewood.org/threshold/2011/02/17/a-pause-for-some-background/ if it helps to have one example of how that works.)

Yes and no. Wicca - and most of the religious witchcraft traditions - is more about practice than belief. On the other hand, a number of the practices are either about honoring a given deity, or don't make sense if you don't believe deities exist. Some people are fine (especially if they like a group in other ways, and get other things out of it) with that, even if they aren't particularly deistic or have a strong connection. Other people find that it turns out not to be the right fit for them.

(I should note here that there are a variety of paths that include things that some people find interesting about Wicca - seasonal celebrations, magical practice, trance and meditation work, etc. - that are either non-deistic or non-religious, too.)

That said, most groups, traditions, and teachers, get that people may need some time to figure this out, and many people come into an exploration of Wicca or religious witchcraft paths trying to figure out what works for them. There are a variety of exercises, experiences, and so on that can help for people who are interested in connecting with a deity but haven't yet.

4.  Is it wrong to be jealous of my wife and want a connection like she has, knowing that maybe not all Wiccans experience what she has.

Well, yes and no. Yes, in that it's a pretty common human response. No, in that it may not be the best response for long-term happiness.

Developing a relationship with a deity is, in some ways, very much like developing a relationship with a human being, only with a lot less reliable communication. And, similarly, some people make those connections more easily than others, just like some people make friends more easily than others. We can do things to help the chances that we're going to make the connection, but we can't really force it to happen.

Approaching it as a process that might work very differently for you, and that you'd need to want to invest some time, energy, attention, and commitment in (just like you would a new friendship with someone human) is probably a better place to try and settle yourself than frustration or jealousy, but of course, that's not always easy.

The other part is that you might find that some things that don't depend on a two-way relationship (for example, seasonal celebrations, daily practices of various kinds that aren't deity centered, etc.) might turn out to be meaningful to you even without a strong deity relationship. This is one of those parts you can't really tell until you try.

As to your "Any other info" - the Seeking website I linked to above has a bunch of stuff I've written up in hopes it's helpful to people (and as background for when I start teaching again).

Questions are awesome, though, because people will have different perspectives (and personally, I learn a lot from how people ask questions, or how different people answer them.)

Blog: Thoughts from a threshold: http://gleewood.org/threshold
Info for seekers: http://gleewood.org/seeking
Pagan books and resources: http://gleewood.org/books
NyteShaed
Journeyman
Last Login:June 24, 2011, 10:55:38 am

Religion: Wicca

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: June 15, 2011, 12:40:58 pm »

Good morning all, I have a few questions about Wicca for any that can answer them knowledgeably.  I will have to provide a small back story so you can see where I am coming from.

I used to be Christian. A long time ago.  I found out it wasn't for me because I was always stressed about what sin I committed and rather or not I remembered to ask forgiveness for a particular sin.  I also was stressed because Christianity was too strict for me.  I couldn't watch certain television shows, listen to certain music, play certain video games.  Heck, to be perfectly honest, you aren't really supposed to do anything unless it in some way glorifies the Christian God.  The one thing I did like about Christianity was the connection I felt to a few other people and to God.  It wasn't enough though to outweigh the constant stress of all the rules.  I am not bashing the religion, just saying it wasn't for me anymore.

Fast forward, I met my wife 6 years ago. She's Wiccan.  She's always had a connection to her Deity(s). I remained Atheist because I just wasn't sure anymore.  

After some soul searching, I began to believe that a God or Goddess or some form of Deity exists in the form that the particular person chooses to believe in.  I believe this way because I have seen people in the Christian faith be touched by God, and I have felt it briefly myself.  I have witnessed pagan rituals that were meant to set a lost, trapped, or wayward spirit or ghost free.  I believe it worked because the reports of the noises and such that occurred stopped.  

Fast forward to about 9 months ago.  My wife started getting contacted via dreams by a Goddess.  The Goddess told my wife several different things that would happen, the first of which, when her grandmother, who was on her way out, would finally go and be at peace.  The Goddess was right.  Throughout several more months, The Goddess, who she found out was Rhiannon, told her more things would happen, which all were correct. She has a very strong and close connection to her Goddess.  

So now, I want to be Wiccan.  I want that connection again. I feel a void in my life that I believe is a spiritual one.  My questions are the following though:

My wife researched Goddesses before she knew Her name, and interestingly enough, we play a game called World of Warcraft, and my wife's main character is and always has been Rhiannan. Through research of Goddesses, she felt a strong connection to the Goddess Rhiannon, and the next dream she called Her by that name, and She confirmed she was correct.

I have tried researching Goddesses myself to see if I feel any kind of connection to any, and have yet to find it. Maybe I am doing it wrong. Maybe I am not meant to have one. I have no idea.  I just know that I feel Wicca is right for me but I am completely lost as to what to do now.

I have talked to my wife but she doesn't have all the answers either.  I am not expecting to find someone who has all the answers, but maybe some people who do have SOME answers that I have not found yet.

Thanks for any reply.

~Rizzano

1. Yes,  Wicca was founded by a man, there are plenty of Wiccan men.

2. Yes, Many Wiccans choose not to personify the lord and lady in any particular way but to worship them in the abstract instead.

3.  The Lord and Lady, although many Wiccans (such as myself) choose to approach them through various gods and goddesses, which we see as masks that they choose to wear to make them more accessible to us.

4.  As long as you don't let that jealousy cause you to act in destructive ways it seems like a perfectly healthy emotion to me.  Many people want a deep connection with the divine and seeing someone else have it when you do not is difficult.

5.  Wicca is not an open religion like Christianity or Buddhism.  To become Wiccan you must be initiated.  Most people are initiated by another Wiccan, and you could probably be initiated by your wife if she is of high enough degree.  The initiatory process is very intimate and men must be initiated by women and women by men.
harzgeist
Journeyman
Last Login:July 04, 2011, 09:23:57 am
Germany Germany

Religion: Pagan - devoted to Anann and Thor

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: June 15, 2011, 02:01:23 pm »

4. Sure, it's a very natural emotion to be jealous of the close connection your wife has. But since you only got started, you might as well develop an equally close connection with your God/dess sooner or later. Just don't give up hope when it doesn't work out soon. Maybe talk to your wife about how you feel? 

5. NyteShaed said that you have to be initiated into Wicca. But there are also people who believe that circumstances permitting (e.g. you are a solitary practitioner and cannot find a coven), you can also self-dedicate yourself to research the path and work as a solitary Wiccan. You might want to look at Scott Cunningham's books on Wicca, which have helped me along a great deal when I got started. Self-dedication vs. initiation is quite a controversial issue, however. As your wife is Wiccan, she can perhaps help you with finding a coven, if you are inclined that way.

give us a creed / To believe / a night of Lust / give us trust in / the Night
Tahpenes
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:July 01, 2011, 11:18:36 am

Religion: River-worshipping fox-hugging trancer

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: June 15, 2011, 02:27:55 pm »

I have tried researching Goddesses myself to see if I feel any kind of connection to any, and have yet to find it. Maybe I am doing it wrong. Maybe I am not meant to have one. I have no idea.

I'm not Wiccan, but you sound to me like you're most interested in being a devotee of some sort, and having a close relationship with a divine being. If you want a relationship like that, then in my experience it isn't something you can find by researching until a story or description clicks. Instead, I would recommend paying attention to what's going on around you, look for signs and omens, pay attention to your dreams, and meditate - research comes later, to figure out who is contacting you. You might have more than one deity express interest, you might get chirping crickets, or you might find that some express interest and give you a really intense few days before you never hear from them again. That's all normal, and none of it is a judgment on you.

And above all, relax. The path opens on its own time, even if it's not always the route you expected to take.
NyteShaed
Journeyman
Last Login:June 24, 2011, 10:55:38 am

Religion: Wicca

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: June 15, 2011, 08:59:18 pm »

4. Sure, it's a very natural emotion to be jealous of the close connection your wife has. But since you only got started, you might as well develop an equally close connection with your God/dess sooner or later. Just don't give up hope when it doesn't work out soon. Maybe talk to your wife about how you feel? 

5. NyteShaed said that you have to be initiated into Wicca. But there are also people who believe that circumstances permitting (e.g. you are a solitary practitioner and cannot find a coven), you can also self-dedicate yourself to research the path and work as a solitary Wiccan. You might want to look at Scott Cunningham's books on Wicca, which have helped me along a great deal when I got started. Self-dedication vs. initiation is quite a controversial issue, however. As your wife is Wiccan, she can perhaps help you with finding a coven, if you are inclined that way.

You can be initiated on the astral plain, which is what some solitaries do.  That's not the same as just researching however.
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #6: June 15, 2011, 09:17:01 pm »

You can be initiated on the astral plain, which is what some solitaries do.  That's not the same as just researching however.

In many more traditional forms of Wicca, this simply is not true.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Asch
Master Member
Last Login:July 14, 2011, 07:55:40 pm

Religion: OBOD & ADF

Blog entries (0)

CEPAsh

Ignore
« Reply #7: June 15, 2011, 09:28:06 pm »

In many more traditional forms of Wicca, this simply is not true.

I would go a step further and say that in most traditional lines of Wicca this is false and in Neo-Wiccan groups this is also likely false. However, you can be a solitary Neo-Wiccan and self initiate but there will always be factions/persons/groups that will not see a self initiation on the astral plane as legitimate so be prepared for some flack.

Check out my blog http://therealrantingash.blogspot.com WARNING here be naughty words and snark!

ADF blog http://dedicantspath.blogspot.com

Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear. - Thomas Jefferson

It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. - Thomas Jefferson
woodswalker
Senior Newbie
Last Login:June 26, 2011, 07:18:56 pm

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #8: June 15, 2011, 11:25:38 pm »

I would go a step further and say that in most traditional lines of Wicca this is false and in Neo-Wiccan groups this is also likely false. However, you can be a solitary Neo-Wiccan and self initiate but there will always be factions/persons/groups that will not see a self initiation on the astral plane as legitimate so be prepared for some flack.

Even two different well established groups think the other is wrong and not true wiccans.  Groups are forming right now that in 50 years will be snubbing newer ways of thinking and doing things.  Watch the sun rise and set, walk through a forest and listen, feal the wind on your face your beliefs will build from the things you enjoy. 

I use the term wicca because it lets people know what I believe and a basic idea of how I base my beliefs.  It is a general term that you don't have to guess and I don't have to spend 10 paragraphs explaining.  I also think you have to figure it out on your own.  It has to have meaning and a part of you in your religion.  I walk a mostly solitary path falling in here and there with different groups or events because in my opinion that is they way to really connect with everything around you.  In this aspect my core belief is in "wiccan" theology but I also include shaman and druid philosophy. 

Groups are great for that electric back of your neck tingle, but I prefer the fealing of a long walk through the woods.
Asch
Master Member
Last Login:July 14, 2011, 07:55:40 pm

Religion: OBOD & ADF

Blog entries (0)

CEPAsh

Ignore
« Reply #9: June 16, 2011, 12:21:15 am »

I use the term wicca because it lets people know what I believe and a basic idea of how I base my beliefs.  It is a general term that you don't have to guess and I don't have to spend 10 paragraphs explaining.  I also think you have to figure it out on your own. 

Er, except that Wicca is not a general term.

Check out my blog http://therealrantingash.blogspot.com WARNING here be naughty words and snark!

ADF blog http://dedicantspath.blogspot.com

Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear. - Thomas Jefferson

It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. - Thomas Jefferson
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #10: June 16, 2011, 04:25:24 am »

It sounds to me that it might be helpful for you to step back a little and get to know the broader world of paganism see how they are similar to and different from Wicca. 

"Paganism" is an umbrella term that includes a very diverse and ever-changing group of spiritual and/or religious paths.  On this forum, we define a religion as pagan if it is not Jewish, Christian, or Islamic and it's practitioners self-identify as Pagan.  As you can imagine, this includes a very wide spectrum of paths.  Wicca is one branch of paganism, and there are many different traditions within Wicca.  (By the way, Jenett's website is an excellent resource.  It can give you a good idea of what Wicca is and isn't and how the various traditions developed.)

To get started learning about paganism, I'd recommend our Pagan Primer.  It's a general overview that includes many links to info on specific topics within paganism.  You will also probably find our Teens and Paganism FAQ helpful.  Although there are sections in it that are not relevant for you as an adult, the FAQ is really a great source of info on many different pagan paths and also includes a lot of links to even more info.

As you read these introductory resources, you might find that certain ideas, cultures, pantheons, deities, etc. pique your interest.  Following up on those points might help you figure out a path that will work for you, whether it's related to Wicca or not.  If you have questions on specific areas, you can post them here on TC.  We have members from a huge variety of religious paths who can answer questions and point you to reliable info.

You might also find that none of the existing religions is a good fit for you.  In that case, you might decide to create your own path, as many of us here are doing.

Learning about paganism can be a bit confusing at first.   Cheesy  I hope these resources are helpful for you.

Good luck!

~ Aster

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
woodswalker
Senior Newbie
Last Login:June 26, 2011, 07:18:56 pm

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #11: June 16, 2011, 01:45:52 pm »

Er, except that Wicca is not a general term.

Sure it is.  Many people may not like the fact that it is but If I say I practice a wiccan belief you know I am not a buddist, christian or satanist. If someone says they are wiccan you don't think that they believe that the earth is a giant pancake and the sun is the butter and we are all the syrup.  Most can probably assume that I believe in a goddess/god duality with a focus on nature and base my rituals, esbats and such on those established by a general wiccan belief.  I agree that there are many forms and variations and that to label and generalize it sucks.  If everytime I posted my entire belief system someone would just respond, "dude, just say your a wiccan". Smiley
yarnwitch
Apprentice
Last Login:August 31, 2011, 10:00:24 pm

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #12: June 16, 2011, 02:22:14 pm »

Sure it is.  Many people may not like the fact that it is but If I say I practice a wiccan belief you know I am not a buddist, christian or satanist. If someone says they are wiccan you don't think that they believe that the earth is a giant pancake and the sun is the butter and we are all the syrup.  Most can probably assume that I believe in a goddess/god duality with a focus on nature and base my rituals, esbats and such on those established by a general wiccan belief.  I agree that there are many forms and variations and that to label and generalize it sucks.  If everytime I posted my entire belief system someone would just respond, "dude, just say your a wiccan". Smiley

I agree and disagree? I know to most people saying Wicca has a different ring to it than Pagan. In the area I lived in, there isn't much stray from the local church, so to them, Wicca was more of a teenage interest/phase, and pagan meant you were a sinner needing to be cleansed. I know this isn't true for everyone and I'm happy for that. I won't go as far to say that most small mountain towns will be similar, and I certainly hope that they won't react that way to anyone since it was a big hurdle for me.
I feel like pagan is more broad, despite all that. Most people will recognize it from history books and the like. It calls to mind many deities and localized practices. For instance, if I were Asatru, and told someone that, I'd need to explain. In the same conversation, if I told someone I was pagan with a focus on the Norse Pantheon (which might not be true for all Asatru? but i digress), they'd understand it a lot more simply. I'm not sure how the forum feels, but I think Wicca can also be a subset of pagan, so its not as broad as pagan because of that.
If you feel that Wicca better describes you, more power to you, but I personally feel that the general public will try to use their high school textbook knowledge to help them and that it might get the point across a bit better. I may only feel that way due to where I was raised.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 02:24:34 pm by yarnwitch, Reason: overgeneralized statement needed editing » Logged

Solvitur Ambulando~ or "When in doubt, Walk it out!"
Nomad of Nowhere
Journeyman
Last Login:February 01, 2012, 01:48:26 am

Religion: Slavic Polytheist

Gdje Yarilo hodi, tu vam polje rodi.

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #13: June 17, 2011, 03:55:42 am »

Sure it is.  Many people may not like the fact that it is but If I say I practice a wiccan belief you know I am not a buddist, christian or satanist. If someone says they are wiccan you don't think that they believe that the earth is a giant pancake and the sun is the butter and we are all the syrup.  Most can probably assume that I believe in a goddess/god duality with a focus on nature and base my rituals, esbats and such on those established by a general wiccan belief.  I agree that there are many forms and variations and that to label and generalize it sucks.  If everytime I posted my entire belief system someone would just respond, "dude, just say your a wiccan". Smiley

It's a confusing situation, really. On one hand, the common use of the term "Wicca" has become generalized. At the same time, there are a lot of self-identified Wiccans out there who really couldn't care less about Gerald Gardner or what he taught, which is a bizarre stance for the adherent of a religion toward their religion's founder, to say the least.
Nitz
Master Member
Last Login:March 01, 2012, 08:03:19 am
Canada Canada

Religion: Eclectic Animist Warlock

Aaarf

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #14: June 17, 2011, 06:47:04 am »

It's a confusing situation, really. On one hand, the common use of the term "Wicca" has become generalized. At the same time, there are a lot of self-identified Wiccans out there who really couldn't care less about Gerald Gardner or what he taught, which is a bizarre stance for the adherent of a religion toward their religion's founder, to say the least.

That sounds like Jehovah's Witnesses and other break-offs from the Bible Student movement. The JW's conveniently have forgotten most of their own history, while other break-off groups have venerated their founder and refuse to accept even the slightest difference in teaching from what he told them back when he started it all. I was one of Jehovah's Witnesses once so that was the first thing that came to mind.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. ~ Arthur C. Clarke

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)