The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
June 23, 2021, 06:42:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2021, 06:42:15 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Life's To Do List - 2011 Season 3  (Read 8905 times)
Aisling
High Adept Member
Last Login:November 11, 2012, 02:17:34 pm
United States United States

Religion: Eclectic Pagan
TCN ID: Aisling

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Topic Start: June 19, 2011, 04:33:14 pm »

It'll be solstice very shortly and that means it's time for a new round of to-do lists.  We'll officially begin on Tuesday, but to get a jump on things by posting your list now.

How this thread works:
1. Post your list of goals to be accomplished during the season.  Please either number your list or post a running total of the number of goals made and completed.
2. Periodically post updates and progress reports on this thread. 
3. I'll try to give progress updates for the group every week or two.
4. The fun ends on the last day of the season, when we'll start a new thread and whole new lists.
5. Most important: Have fun!

Good Luck!   

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Juni
Adept Member
Last Login:February 05, 2021, 09:36:51 pm

Religion: Misticism
TCN ID: Juni

Strive to be happy.

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #1: June 20, 2011, 12:50:59 pm »

So this season I'm aiming lower, and limiting myself to 10 goals. If I complete one, then I can add another, but hopefully this will help me get things done.

01. Finish coursework. (Seriously, this has to get done.)
02. Get a transcription job.
03. Read 2 books off the Religious shelf and post notes/thoughts on blog.
04. Read 2 books off the Fiction shelf & 2 from the Non-Fiction shelf.
05. Learn how to ride the damn bike.
06. Finish 2 beaded pieces.
07. Photograph pots for etsy.
08. Write, damnit. (1k a month would be great.)
09. Develop habit of weekday exercise.
10. Figure out what the hell I'm doing wrong wrt religious cycle and fix it.

.: Eleven-Pm.org .:. updated 30 June :.

"I don't go anywhere without my mutated anthrax! 'Fer duck huntin." - Futurama
Gelfling
Apprentice
Last Login:November 04, 2012, 12:23:19 pm

Religion: in transition

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: June 20, 2011, 06:23:59 pm »

Soul
1. Acquire and read Trance-Portation.
2. Begin meditation practice -- aim for 20 minutes at least 3 days a week, consistently.  Focus on visualization.

Mind
1. Straight A's for the summer semester.
2. A solid start towards the same for the fall semester.
3. I think this goes under mind for the resistance of temptation: Make my Coffee Crisp bites last until I see my boyfriend again in August.

Body
1. Re-develop the daily multivitamin habit.
2. Manage my hypoglycemia better.

Wallet
1. Get a part-time job that fits into my school schedule and doesn't keep me from fulfilling Body #2.
2. Find and sell the damn engagement ring. 

Home
1. Cull books and video games until the survivors all fit into currently available shelf space.  Donate or sell the rest.
2. Save up to replace the cot with a proper bed that will not give me lower back problems.  If I'm careful about my selection, a futon may be acceptable.  L's wooden-slat futon was decently comfortable, but my old one with metal bars/tubing spaced too far apart was pretty awful.
Aisling
High Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #3: June 20, 2011, 06:52:32 pm »

So this season I'm aiming lower, and limiting myself to 10 goals. If I complete one, then I can add another, but hopefully this will help me get things done.

A most excellent idea!  My list is substantially longer than ten items at the moment (erm, 42 items, I think!), but I think I'm only going to post my top ten to keep myself sane. 

1. Reduce debt by 10%.
2. Finish the new quilt.
3. Decide what to write for NaNoWriMo.
4. Post weekly to Etsy & Artfire.
5. Harvest herbs from garden as needed.
6. Post a dozen entries to spirituality blog.
7. Walk and/or run at least five miles per week.
8. Hit daily step count goals.
9. Read three books for pleasure.
10. Work on the next 101 in 1001 list.

Juni
Adept Member

Strive to be happy.

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #4: June 20, 2011, 08:28:21 pm »

A most excellent idea!  My list is substantially longer than ten items at the moment (erm, 42 items, I think!), but I think I'm only going to post my top ten to keep myself sane. 

I had a hard time trimming down to 10, but I figure if I can't accomplish these, I'm not likely to accomplish the others. And since I have trouble staying focused anyway, limiting what I need to worry about seemed like a good approach. Hopefully we'll be able to add more on as the season goes! Smiley

Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #5: June 21, 2011, 06:17:56 pm »

My list of three whole goals for this season:

1.  Prepare Nia for a second draft.  This doesn't mean writing a second draft, or even beginning a second draft--just getting to a point where I feel like I'm ready to do that next.  I mean, this thing is really a mess.  (Probably season 4 will involve actually writing it.  I hope.)

Current status:  I've got some vague ideas and a little brainstorming, but nothing concrete enough to work with.  The Plot Whisperer has been suggested to me as a potential resource for helping get things in order, particularly some stuff she posted following NaNoWriMo 2010, and I'm just starting to go through those exercises.  The first one was a bit of an eye-opener in that it made me realize that I really don't know my main character at all...

2.  Read The Mindful Way Through Depression (recommended to me as being good for stress relief too) and evaluate further goals for mental/emotional well-being based on the suggestions contained therein.  (Or, if I decide it's unhelpful, come up with other such goals on my own.)

Current status:  Just beginning the book.  I have the feeling that even if the suggestions it gives aren't directly useful, they may still serve to help illuminate the situation for me and help me find some sort of direction.

3.  Finish knitting pseudo-project.  (I started just to get a feel for knitting, with nothing in particular in mind; I think it's becoming a scarf.  Maybe a shortish one.  Maybe it's for Natalie?)

Current status:  I've got a good start on this one.  I think I'm about halfway through the skein of yarn, and I've only got the one, so when it's used up that's pretty much how long the whatever-it-is will be.  Which is why I'm not sure if it will be long enough to be a proper scarf, but we'll see what happens.  I'm trying to do a few rows every night and slowly making progress...

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
Finn
High Adept Member
Last Login:December 22, 2013, 02:30:14 pm

Religion: An Seanchas Fior
TCN ID: Finn

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: June 21, 2011, 07:08:24 pm »

Good Luck!   

And once again, I'm carrying over this year-long list and am going to try to accomplish 6 things this season. And this time, I may actually achieve more things than see movies.  Roll Eyes

Yarnage:
1. Crochet Rogue socks for E.
2. Crochet cabled knee socks for myself. -- I HAVE A HEEL.
3. Crochet rainbow socks for myself.
4. Crochet cowl and hat for myself.

Reality:
1. Find a job in Seattle I enjoy. -- And... I'm afraid I'm back on the job market again. So. While I did indeed accomplish it, I'm going to have to do it again, and mark it done again.
   1a. If this happens, begin planning the relocation. -- Basically, I now have a deadline. I'd still like to move into my own place by August 1. If I don't have a job and am ready to do that by then, I'm afraid I'm going to pack up and go home to Texas for a while. But! That ain't happening!
     1ai. Find an apartment.
   1b. Get all my crap from TX to WA safely and moved in!
2. Get new catalytic converter for car.
   2a. Pass emissions test.
   2b. Register car and get Washington plates!
3. Get WA driver's license.
4. Get income-based reduced repayment for one year on my student loans.

Books:
1. Finish the Percy Jackson and the Alchemyst series. -- Actually I need to read the latest Alchemyst book...
2. Read Nature and the Human Soul.
3. Read Foucalt's Pendulum.
4. Read A Song of Ice and Fire. -- In progress.

Movies:
See:
1. Pirates of the Caribbean 4 -- Shut. Up.
2. Super 8
3. X-Men: First Class
4. Cars 2
5. Tree of Life
6. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 -- HOLY CARP IS THIS REALLY HERE?
7. Captain America

Journeys:
1. Hike in the Ho Rainforest/the Olympics. -- Hiking goals should be done this season! Because it is summer and the snow is mostly melting! At least in some parts of the mountains...
2. Drive to Canada. -- I'm still coming for you Morag. Eventually.
3. Hike in the Northern Cascades.
4. Visit the East Coast to see friends. -- Uh. And go to a faire with Juni? Yes please!

Total Goals for Year: 24
Total Goals Achieved this year: 16.5 (mostly movies)

Total Goals for Season: 6

Fight evil: read books.

My Spiritual Blog: An Seanchas Fior
My Personal Blog: An Seanchas Finn
Nitz
Master Member
Last Login:March 01, 2012, 08:03:19 am
Canada Canada

Religion: Eclectic Animist Warlock

Aaarf

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: June 21, 2011, 07:38:38 pm »

I've got some goals, don't know if I'll get many done in the amount of time given.

1. Write a science fiction or fantasy novel.
2. Get a new job.
3. Build a greenhouse.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. ~ Arthur C. Clarke
Juni
Adept Member

Strive to be happy.

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #8: June 24, 2011, 05:41:09 pm »

First update of the season!

01. Finish coursework. (Seriously, this has to get done.)

02. Get a transcription job.

03. Read 2 books off the Religious shelf and post notes/thoughts on blog.

04. Read 2 books off the Fiction shelf & 2 from the Non-Fiction shelf.

05. Learn how to ride the damn bike.

06. Finish 2 beaded pieces.

07. Photograph pots for etsy.

08. Write, damnit. (1k a month would be great.)

09. Develop habit of weekday exercise. - Well, I tried to do some videos on Netflix along with Veggie and Shad, but I do not appear coordinated enough for this. But Mom is picking up an upright exercise bike next week (it's already bought, just waiting to be delivered) so I'm going to do a half hour on it daily to start.

10. Figure out what the hell I'm doing wrong wrt religious cycle and fix it. - I think my problem was twofold: one, overthinking it and two, trying to jump in full blast. I've simplified and I'm going to be adding one day each cycle, so this cycle I do two of the days, and then next I do three, etcetera. It'll probably take me the whole season to see if it works, but oh well.

Aisling
High Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #9: June 25, 2011, 10:25:08 am »

Welcome everyone!  I'll post the group stats tomorrow.

For now, the first update to my personal list.  This might be a personal record - two items accomplished within the first week. I'm adding two more writing related goals because I feel ambitious!

1. Reduce debt by 10%.   - Work in progress.
2. Finish the new quilt. - Also a WIP.  I just ripped out half of the work I'd already done because I'd made a major error in the stitching. I'm hoping to get everything pressed (again!) this weekend so I can get back to piecing.
3. Decide what to write for NaNoWriMo. - Done! The little writer locked inside my brain is insisting that I write a paranormal mystery, the first of what will probably be a series.
4. Post weekly to Etsy & Artfire. - WIP.
5. Harvest herbs from garden as needed. - WIP. Rampant growth this year means I've already harvested mint, catnip, thyme, rosemary, oregano, woodruff, rue, agrimony, roses, and lemon balm... twice each during the spring.   Shocked  With three good months of left of the growing season, it looks like I'll be selling some surplus this year.
6. Post a dozen entries to spirituality blog. - WIP. One down.
7. Walk and/or run at least five miles per week. - The only goal that's not started.  I'd barely typed this goal before promptly turning my ankle.  I'm shooting for next week to begin this one, assuming that the pain and swelling both go away by then.
8. Hit daily step count goals. - WIP. So far so good.
9. Read three books for pleasure. - WIP. Currently reading Rutherford's London and re-visiting Pratchett's Color of Magic.
10. Work on the next 101 in 1001 list. -Done before I could even explain what it was.  Mission 101 in 1001 is a list of 101 goals to be accomplished in the next 1001 days, which I originally started doing on LiveJournal.  I'm finishing my current list in September and want to start a new one on October 1st.  I sat down one night this week and managed to get the entire list written in the space of an hour.  Go me!
11. Attend at least one 'write-in'. - We've got a local writing group that meets at least once a month, made mostly of people who participate in NaNo and ScriptFrenzy.  It's a good excuse to spend a couple hours either writing or talking about writing while hanging about in coffee shops and cafes.
12. Write outline for NaNoWriMo. - Now that I know what I'm writing, I can add this one!

Total goals: 12
Completed goals: 2
Failed goals: 0
WIP goals: 9

Morag
Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2019, 05:54:45 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: NeoCeltic Feri/Reclaimingesque HearthWitchery
TCN ID: morag

So much more than a pretty girl.

Blog entries (0)

maitressekatje honeyfeather honeyfeather

Ignore
« Reply #10: June 25, 2011, 10:55:04 am »

In between refrains of Lucky by Jason Mraz I decided I should probably post my list. Slightly edited from the version on my blog - more PG.

(Also - "parties" means Swiss Skin Care Workshops. I'm an Arbonne lady now.)

Life’s to-do list, season something, 2011
- Pay off credit card.
- Pay back bf.
- Organize/set up craft corner.
- Clean my freaking haus.
- Finish re-reading/watching remaining Harry Potter books and movies.
- Finish summer reading list.
- Finish Vol. 1 of THS.
- Get a better mobile plan and phone.
- Book 14 parties for July.
- Book 10 parties for August.
- Book 10 parties for September.
- Get car fixed. 
- 25 PCs signed up. 
- Place a few orders to get my QVs up.   
- Finish Vol. 2 of THS.
- When have room on credit card, order shoes — preferably before Kelly and Tenille’s wedding in August.
- Finish Vol. 3 of THS.
- Don’t panic about turning 25.
- CRAP I’M TURNING 25.
- Ok that wasn’t a goal. Stay with me.
- Burlesque…stuff.
- Stop eating a pint of ice cream a day, jesus christ.
- Get some exercise. And some sun. BE A HUMAN BEING.

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

"i am not an angry girl, but it seems like i've got everyone fooled -- every time i say something they find hard to hear they chalk it up to my anger and never to their own fear. and imagine you're a girl, just trying to finally come clean, knowing full well they'd prefer you were dirty and smiling."
--Ani DiFranco, Not a Pretty Girl.
Morag
Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2019, 05:54:45 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: NeoCeltic Feri/Reclaimingesque HearthWitchery
TCN ID: morag

So much more than a pretty girl.

Blog entries (0)

maitressekatje honeyfeather honeyfeather

Ignore
« Reply #11: June 25, 2011, 10:55:50 am »

Also, that's 23 goals.

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

"i am not an angry girl, but it seems like i've got everyone fooled -- every time i say something they find hard to hear they chalk it up to my anger and never to their own fear. and imagine you're a girl, just trying to finally come clean, knowing full well they'd prefer you were dirty and smiling."
--Ani DiFranco, Not a Pretty Girl.
Gelfling
Apprentice
Last Login:November 04, 2012, 12:23:19 pm

Religion: in transition

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #12: June 25, 2011, 04:46:17 pm »

Soul
1. Acquire and read Trance-Portation.
2. Begin meditation practice -- aim for 20 minutes at least 3 days a week, consistently.  Focus on visualization.

Mind
1. Straight A's for the summer semester.  So far, so good.  Term doesn't end until mid-August, though.
2. A solid start towards the same for the fall semester.
3. I think this goes under mind for the resistance of temptation: Make my Coffee Crisp bites last until I see my boyfriend again in August. Trying!  I have two bags and a month and a half to go.

Body
1. Re-develop the daily multivitamin habit. Working on it.  I know I've forgotten once or twice since I posted though.
2. Manage my hypoglycemia better. 

Wallet
1. Get a part-time job that fits into my school schedule and doesn't keep me from fulfilling Body #2. Applied at a couple places yesterday.
2. Find and sell the damn engagement ring. 

Home
1. Cull books and video games until the survivors all fit into currently available shelf space.  Donate or sell the rest. Got the biggest bin of books sorted.  Too many for me to haul by myself to the library, though, and it's 95 degrees out.  I've got a big shopping bag filled and set aside for when it's cooler-- hopefully this evening, probably early morning during the week.
2. Save up to replace the cot with a proper bed that will not give me lower back problems.  If I'm careful about my selection, a futon may be acceptable.  L's wooden-slat futon was decently comfortable, but my old one with metal bars/tubing spaced too far apart was pretty awful.

In Progress: 5
Done: 0
Total: 11
Aisling
High Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #13: June 26, 2011, 11:19:43 am »

Welcome everyone!  I'll post the group stats tomorrow.

Total # of participants: 7
Total # of goals: 68
Total goals completed: 2
Percentage of goal completed: 2.94%

Lovesdalionking
Master Member
Last Login:July 06, 2011, 04:39:44 pm

Religion: Searching Solitary Human Being

You are beautiful, no matter what

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #14: June 27, 2011, 01:56:21 am »

How this thread works:
1. Post your list of goals to be accomplished during the season.  Please either number your list or post a running total of the number of goals made and completed.
2. Periodically post updates and progress reports on this thread. 
3. I'll try to give progress updates for the group every week or two.
4. The fun ends on the last day of the season, when we'll start a new thread and whole new lists.
5. Most important: Have fun!

Good Luck!   

All right! Summer means new beginnings and a lot of great things to do!

1. Move more things downstairs- In progress
2. Write and post my review for Little Women- In progress
3. Write a "Thank You" card for my cousins
4. Get my feet checked out (Why do I suddenly sense fetishism to come out of this?)
5. Keep a schedule for belly dancing and martial art classes-In progress
6. Keep a schedule for my internet carp

In progress: 4
Done: 0
Total: 6

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)