The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
July 04, 2020, 05:48:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2020, 05:48:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Crystal Work in a Public Venue.  (Read 3641 times)
Satsekhem
High Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2011, 11:51:56 am
United States United States

Religion: Something? Somewhere?

I rock so hardcore.

Blog entries (0)

aubs.taylor

Ignore
« Topic Start: June 24, 2011, 06:12:36 pm »

Slight back story: I work in a high stress environment. The job, itself, isn't stressful. The problem mostly stems from the fact that the company I work for is... uh... well, they're dicks. They have a bad reputation. They hire and fire; they fire with little cause; they use and abuse... pretty much, if you go to unemployment and say, "this company fired me" you are automatically approved. Yeah. So. I was recently moved out of the store I was managing and into a smaller, high volume store. This might seem like a good idea, but I was moved to the store where they send managers to wither and die before they get fired. Yeah. The paranoia creeps in!

So. I was thinking that I should get some crystals out and about to protect myself and some of my employees. (I walked into a drama nest and I plan on, at least, cleaning it up before I get tossed out.) However, I have maintenance people coming in at all hours and going in many different places, depending on the reasoning for them there. Never mind my employees. I want to ward the store with crystals at every corner without it being extremely obvious what the hell is going on. (And you know, I don't want to have to answer annoying questions since I've been really lucky in NOT having to answer awkward questions so far.)

Would you recommend using chips, tumbled stones, or a coin format? I was thinking about picking up black tourmaline and quartz for the four corners of the store. I was also going to pick up a black tourmaline pendant for myself. I don't know if I want to add anything else to my little shopping list, but suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Sekhemib-Nymaatre; spiritual blog.
Thanks For All the Fish; opinionated ranty blog.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. - Douglas Adams

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Aisling
High Adept Member
Last Login:November 11, 2012, 02:17:34 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan
TCN ID: Aisling

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #1: June 24, 2011, 09:05:12 pm »

Would you recommend using chips, tumbled stones, or a coin format?

I feel your pain on this one.  I've been working in a trainwreck for the last three years.

I've used chips where I work because they're the easiest to hide in small nooks and crannies.  I've also scatter salt regularly (helps that our cleaning crew does not like to vacuum!).  When things start getting really ugly, I mix water and a few drops each of dragonsblood, sage, and cinnamon oil in a spray bottle.  Call it air freshener and spray down the office with it.   If only I could spray it at people while saying "No, no, bad human!"  Cheesy

schwertlilie
Apprentice
Last Login:October 01, 2011, 01:05:49 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Pagan with Wiccish leanings

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: June 24, 2011, 10:49:18 pm »

So. I was thinking that I should get some crystals out and about to protect myself and some of my employees. (I walked into a drama nest and I plan on, at least, cleaning it up before I get tossed out.) However, I have maintenance people coming in at all hours and going in many different places, depending on the reasoning for them there. Never mind my employees. I want to ward the store with crystals at every corner without it being extremely obvious what the hell is going on. (And you know, I don't want to have to answer annoying questions since I've been really lucky in NOT having to answer awkward questions so far.)

Would you recommend using chips, tumbled stones, or a coin format? I was thinking about picking up black tourmaline and quartz for the four corners of the store. I was also going to pick up a black tourmaline pendant for myself. I don't know if I want to add anything else to my little shopping list, but suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

If there are corner display cases, are there little stands inside? Like boxes, not pedestals? You could hide them inside the boxes - out of sight, even if the display items get changed. On a bookshelf but behind the books could work too, if the shelves don't get completely emptied during cleaning. As for chips vs tumbled vs disks... Chips would probably be easier to hide.

Tourmaline & quartz sounds like a good combination to me! In my office, which seems to run on drama, I have a little rose quartz elephant that lives on my monitor stand (for good feelings and happiness) and a large piece of red jasper (protection) behind my tea mug. I'm also a big fan of obsidian & jet - both are really grounding and protective for me, without being draining.

(Aisling, I think I'm going to steal your spritzer idea! Grin Nice and simple!)
Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #3: June 25, 2011, 07:42:09 am »

Not hiding would be my hiding advice. Wink

I can think of a couple ideas how to openly display them.

Take chips and decorate a little flower pot with them.
Or a little glas vase with some dry flower in at and the chips on the ground to hold it steady.
They are these little - well not my taste but - gemstone trees that display chips of gemstone as 'leaves'.
Wear the stone you like.
Soak the stone of your choice in water and sprinkle the water around.

Good luck.  Smiley

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. Thatís what people never really understood.Ö.Things had to balance. You couldnít set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)
Satsekhem
High Adept Member

I rock so hardcore.

Blog entries (0)

aubs.taylor

Ignore
« Reply #4: June 25, 2011, 02:11:33 pm »

Thanks for all of the suggestions! I really appreciate it.

I really like that spritzer idea and I think I have to go that route, as well as with the stone chips. I also think I might need to get some obvious rocks to place at my desk (my home away from home, so to speak) for more serious protective vibes.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. - Douglas Adams
annieroonie
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:March 10, 2013, 11:36:10 pm

Religion: Thinking on it.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: June 25, 2011, 10:30:08 pm »

The paranoia creeps in!

This resonates with me at my work as well and I think it intentional and developed to target some of the lower performing employees. The problem is that it hurts everyone and turns the whole environment ugly. Even if I am not the target, or if you are not, the paranoia is destructive. I've used crystal to combat it as well.

That is generous of you; however, might you be able to accomplish what you want without having to place the crystals anywhere but on your person? And possibly an after hours  "house cleaning" to boot? That way you do not have to worry about things being found, having to answer questions, or losing anything. A local shop here has a card or two of people who do "house cleaning" which is where I got the phrase. But if anyone witnessed there would be questions. So that might not work.

At the local shop I referred to it was suggested that selenite be poured around the building. Not sure about it. Never tried it.

I did have some success with a crystal combo I wore in a necklace cage under my shirt next to my skin: Amber, Jet, Pyrite and Apache's Tear. I added another stone or two to that base combo here and there to observe effects.

There are many with far more knowledge of crystal work though and they certainly might be of more help than I!  I have used them for a while with little outside scholarship and have recorded the effects I observe on myself and how others react to me only. I have no idea if the same combo would work as well for anyone else.

The effects of that base combo on me are to reduce the negative perceptions and enable a clearer vision of the other possible perceptions of any given situation. It was subtle and I only noticed the effects after rereading my observation journal and spotting the pattern.

At particularly stressful times when emotions run high, the crystals did work on me but my outlook had less of an effect on my peers and I sometimes did succumb to destructive negative assumptions/perceptions. So in addition to wearing the crystals for times like this, I made an oil to protect me from outside destructive negativity and also from my own. This, added to a vodka base, made a nice spray. I only used it a few times and the season ended smoothly; however, I would need more testing and observation to feel more certain about the effects.

As I read more about the ethics of doing these things with others in mind, I wonder if it is ethical to protect someone else without their knowledge, but then many people pray for others and that seems okay. If you do something for yourself alone, this would not be a factor.

Satsekhem
High Adept Member

I rock so hardcore.

Blog entries (0)

aubs.taylor

Ignore
« Reply #6: June 26, 2011, 10:43:36 am »

That is generous of you; however, might you be able to accomplish what you want without having to place the crystals anywhere but on your person? And possibly an after hours  "house cleaning" to boot? That way you do not have to worry about things being found, having to answer questions, or losing anything. A local shop here has a card or two of people who do "house cleaning" which is where I got the phrase. But if anyone witnessed there would be questions. So that might not work.

I think the best way would be with crystals since I have five other people in my care who really need a guardian. I'm not there all of the time and the person who instigates these petty games is often working when I am not. I want to, at least, try and minimize her negativity against them. I figure by placing crystals at the four corners of the store, it's a double whammy: it protects me as well as them.

I had two protective stones that I wore religiously (at different times in my life): a tiger's eye and onyx. I had the onyx first and that pendant fell off of my chain almost a year ago now. I replaced it with the tiger's eye pendant (bought for my patroness, Sekhmet, as well as for its protective properties), which has now fallen off of my chain. I have yet to replace either of these pendants with anything new. I was thinking black tourmaline, mostly, because there wasn't a lot of choices in the places that I was looking.  Cheesy

annieroonie
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:March 10, 2013, 11:36:10 pm

Religion: Thinking on it.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: June 26, 2011, 07:54:07 pm »

I think the best way would be with crystals since I have five other people in my care who really need a guardian. I'm not there all of the time and the person who instigates these petty games is often working when I am not. I want to, at least, try and minimize her negativity against them. I figure by placing crystals at the four corners of the store, it's a double whammy: it protects me as well as them.

I was thinking about this today. Ways to disguise the crystals that is. Maybe plants? Or figurines? I don't know if I've ever seen tourmaline made into a figurine though. Also, there are the bottles/jars things. I've read spells for bottles etc. but never used them. I do however keep a tiny clamp lidded jar of sand and beach things (tiny fish bones, glass, lucky stones etc.) on a podium and it seems to draw the really rambunctious to it. They get wrapped up in gently playing with it and usually chill. If there is a central point where everyone meets like a register or a break spot, maybe having a tactile thing that folks could touch would help? Just brainstorming. I know how difficult it can be and how it can disrupt other areas of life when there is a positivity/energy sink at work.

In any case good luck to you. How cool would it be if you were able to turn the place around when nobody else has been able to?! 
Satsekhem
High Adept Member

I rock so hardcore.

Blog entries (0)

aubs.taylor

Ignore
« Reply #8: June 26, 2011, 08:49:49 pm »

...Or figurines?
I actually happened to see a snowflake obsidian coyote figurine that I *loved* on another website. I was thinking about trying to find something like that for my desk, but until I find the perfect one, I'm just going to stick with coin-sized stones glued to my son's photo's picture frame.

In any case good luck to you. How cool would it be if you were able to turn the place around when nobody else has been able to?! 
I'm hoping that ends up being the case, honestly. I think it would be phenomenal!

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)