The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
November 18, 2019, 05:43:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2019, 05:43:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Simplicity  (Read 4922 times)
Chaliceocean
Master Member
Last Login:August 13, 2007, 06:02:20 pm
United States United States

Religion: eclectic pagan

Perfect Love,Perfect Trust)O(

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: June 25, 2007, 08:40:01 pm »

Well Met all.

A simple question to ponder.....What little occurances have or still do reinstill your faith every day?

I thought it would be nice to have a smile and share something that is meaningful to each of us.

I'd say every time I see a newborn baby smile, when I can smell the rain before it hits the pavement, when I look into someones eyes and just feel this amazing connection with them, the tingling feeling I get when I read Tarot, the feeling of service when I help someone/ an animal out, when I feel dew on my toes when I walk barefoot out at my mothers house, but especially when i look up at the sky and immediately smile...without knowing quite why. Just to name a few,:P

Bright Blessings all.

~Dont believe in anything simply because you have heard it, simply because it's spoken and rumored by many, simply because it is found written in your religious books, in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders, in traditions becuase they have been handed down for many generations. But after careful observation and analysis,when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conductive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.~*~Buddha~*~

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Aasha
Journeyman
Last Login:October 26, 2009, 02:14:45 pm

Religion: Canaanite Reconstructionist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: June 25, 2007, 10:22:29 pm »

Well Met all.

A simple question to ponder.....What little occurances have or still do reinstill your faith every day?

I thought it would be nice to have a smile and share something that is meaningful to each of us.

I'd say every time I see a newborn baby smile, when I can smell the rain before it hits the pavement, when I look into someones eyes and just feel this amazing connection with them, the tingling feeling I get when I read Tarot, the feeling of service when I help someone/ an animal out, when I feel dew on my toes when I walk barefoot out at my mothers house, but especially when i look up at the sky and immediately smile...without knowing quite why. Just to name a few,:P

Bright Blessings all.

I recently lost someone important and special to me.  After my period of grief, I "rediscovered" the world.  I still have a small ache inside that I suspect will always be there, but I am also experiencing an overwhelming thankfulness for what I still have.  And seeing the world (especially the natural world) in all its beauty and vibrancy.

I see Asherah's love and care reflected in the trees, fields, and flowers near my house.  I feel the spirit of the wind.  I enjoy spending time with my goat kids, having them crowd around me and bounce and play on their steps as they play King-of-the-Mountain.     

EverFool
Board Staff
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 16, 2011, 12:40:01 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: atheist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #2: June 26, 2007, 05:10:24 am »

Actually, very little reinstills my 'faith', Im in something of a down streak lately.  However...now and then, when I think I've stumbled across a little insight, it helps a lot, and makes me feel good.

My latest one was the other day.  Still depressed, I thought about how lots of people think I'm a nice guy, wonderful, etc, and how I knew this not to be true: how what's on the outside isn't *true.*  Then I thought 'yes, but what's on the inside isn't *true* either, and I'm free to be anything - including a good, nice, wonderful person.'  Basically I had an insight about one of the minor tenets of Chaos magic, and it felt much more real to me.

If anal prolapse teaches us anything, it's that it is what is inside that counts.
Chaliceocean
Master Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: June 26, 2007, 03:34:29 pm »

I recently lost someone important and special to me.  After my period of grief, I "rediscovered" the world.  I still have a small ache inside that I suspect will always be there, but I am also experiencing an overwhelming thankfulness for what I still have.  And seeing the world (especially the natural world) in all its beauty and vibrancy.

I see Asherah's love and care reflected in the trees, fields, and flowers near my house.  I feel the spirit of the wind.  I enjoy spending time with my goat kids, having them crowd around me and bounce and play on their steps as they play King-of-the-Mountain.     

***hugssssss Ashaa****

~Dont believe in anything simply because you have heard it, simply because it's spoken and rumored by many, simply because it is found written in your religious books, in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders, in traditions becuase they have been handed down for many generations. But after careful observation and analysis,when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conductive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.~*~Buddha~*~
Jorgath
Master Member
Last Login:March 31, 2010, 12:47:37 pm

Religion: Walker of the Silver Paths (Eclectic panentheistic path)

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #4: June 27, 2007, 12:32:39 am »

Every time I breathe fresh air.  Every time I look in a child's eyes.  Every time I see someone I love, every time I hug my mother, every time I cook a meal.

Everything I do is part of my faith.  Everything I see, everything I experience, everything I fail to experience; all this is part of my faith.  "And I think to myself...what a wonderful world..."

"There are some who call me...Tim."
-Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

Walker of the Silver Paths

Live, love, and laugh.
Purplewitch
Adept Member
Last Login:August 03, 2009, 02:04:40 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: kitchenWitch with Celtic Condiments

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #5: June 27, 2007, 10:36:46 am »

Every time I look in a child's eyes. 

I was scrolling down to post and thought, and there was almost that thought lol

Watching my son find the wonder in the small things - watching the birds outside the window, or blowing dandelions.

Driven by Dreams
Journeyman
Last Login:December 18, 2011, 10:11:07 pm

Religion: Absurdism

From LiveJournal Community: Cat_Macros

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: June 28, 2007, 08:35:53 pm »

For me? When I wake up smiling from a dream I had the night before. When writing comes easy. When I make something that I someone else enjoys (and isn't collecting dust in my room). Smiley

Elspeth Sapphire
Co-Host
Senior Staff
Journeyman
Last Login:July 16, 2008, 10:44:04 pm

Religion: Pagan

Passed Over -- 19 April 2010

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #7: June 28, 2007, 09:00:49 pm »

Well Met all.

Watching the squirrels run along the fence.  That wonderful feeling of almost shock when Alan takes me out of the house and we pause at the top of the wheelchair ramp and I 'realize' there is a world outside of the one room I spend 24/7 in.  Looking out the window in the wee hours and see the moon shining in all Her glory.  Feeling my husband's hands on my body as he moves me and cares for me, never resenting, always loving.

A long time ago, when The Cauldron was newish, there was a topic for Celebrations.  Almost every day I had something new to celebration.  It could be something as small as seeing the first robin of the season or big like raise.  No matter what I celebrated, I ended by celebrating love.

For me, alot of my spirituality is based on the importance of love.  Love of self...love of others...love of deity.  If I can find that movement of love each day, my faith is born anew.  Sometimes I have to search hard, other times it is as close a hug sent via the computer.

Elspeth Sapphire
dpixie
Journeyman
Last Login:April 06, 2008, 05:26:24 pm
Mongolia Mongolia

Religion: Solitary Eclectic Pagan

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #8: June 30, 2007, 08:35:12 am »

Well Met all.

As I sat and pondered all the little things that revive my faith every day - my husband (who is the cook at this restaurant where I sit on the wifi) wordlessly walked up to me and set down a plate of hot, fresh pancakes with butter and hot syrup.

Need you ask?

But - every morning, every day, I wake up in this special place in the world I am in now - a place I didn't dare even dream about and now here I am.  When the wild things here let me come close - or even trustingly approach me.  A glimpse of a desert fox as we drive to work.  The big mature Pronghorn buck that stopped to watch me walk down to turn out my goats the other day from only a hundred feet or less away.  The sunsets on stormy days when the sky seems to be on fire.  A big full moon shining through our bedroom window.  The amazing serendipity that has visited our lives over and over in the last few months - when most people would have thought we were devastated by circumstances, really, we were blessed, released, set free and guided to a more wonderful set of circumstances than we could have imagined. 

I'm babbling - and my pancakes are getting cold.

Pearlie the Psychic Kitty
http://fre-ecards.com (including ecards specifically for pagans
http://demented-pixie.com links to everything that is me Tongue
Altair
Adept Member
Last Login:December 18, 2012, 06:59:40 am

Religion: Wiccan-ish pantheistic polytheist

Follow your star wherever it may lead

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: July 02, 2007, 09:07:05 pm »

Things that flood my senses: the flavor of a cherry exploding in my mouth; the breeze on my skin; watching the sky change, seeing evening sunlight shining through leaves; music that touches something deep in me; the people I love.

Morag
Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2019, 05:54:45 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: NeoCeltic Feri/Reclaimingesque HearthWitchery
TCN ID: morag

So much more than a pretty girl.

Blog entries (0)

maitressekatje honeyfeather honeyfeather

Ignore
« Reply #10: July 03, 2007, 07:15:24 am »

When BlueSky Elinor Wolff was still with us, looking into her eyes or petting that beautiful furry face did it. And when she left I lost all faith for a long time.

But it's back... and the things that keep on renewing it are many.
Major Caelum Prerinse, our MuddyWolf (mom calls him HoneyWolf), is sweeter than Blue was (if such a thing is possible), and every night I come home from work he's there all wags and happiness to greet me.

My mom---because "on the lips and hearts of all children the word for God is mother." (I know I butchered that quote.)

Mi carino, for many reasons that I can't quite put into words. But he's definitely the Best Thing that has ever happened to me, and there's something in his eyes that restores my faith whenever it wavers.

Good music.

Good food.

Good friends.

Dancing.

Theatre.

Film.

The full moon.

Starry skies when the moon is new.

And many many more but this post is long enough already, and I must get to sleep.

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

"i am not an angry girl, but it seems like i've got everyone fooled -- every time i say something they find hard to hear they chalk it up to my anger and never to their own fear. and imagine you're a girl, just trying to finally come clean, knowing full well they'd prefer you were dirty and smiling."
--Ani DiFranco, Not a Pretty Girl.
BGMarc
Adept Member
Last Login:August 17, 2011, 09:57:32 pm
Australia Australia

Religion: Stoic (with declining druidic/wiccish hangovers and emergent Hellenic/Kemetic affiliations)

Blog entries (0)

Marc Larkin 6marc9

Ignore
« Reply #11: July 03, 2007, 07:37:34 am »

Actually, very little reinstills my 'faith', Im in something of a down streak lately. 

I know you only through your words here EverFool, but I unexpectedly find that makes me sad. I trust that you will get what you need from it and move on soon.

With Love

BGMarc

"If Michelangelo had been straight, the Sistine Chapel would have been wallpapered" Robin Tyler

It's the saddest thing in the world when you can only feel big by making others feel small. - UPG

Stupidity cannot be cured. Stupidity is the only universal capital crime. The sentence is death. There is no appeal and sentence is carried out automatically and without pity. Lazarus Long.

BGMarc at the Pub
HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #12: July 03, 2007, 08:08:47 am »

a lap full of snuggly baby.  when he smiles up and me and wraps his arms around me .. heaven.

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org
Chaliceocean
Master Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #13: July 03, 2007, 06:26:06 pm »

My mom---because "on the lips and hearts of all children the word for God is mother." (I know I butchered that quote.)

That is my favorite movie of all time, hands down!lol
 I think it goes *Mother is the name for god on the lips and hearts of all children.*

R.I.P. Brandon Lee

Bright Blessings

Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #14: July 03, 2007, 07:18:17 pm »

What little occurances have or still do reinstill your faith every day?

A job offer!

OK, not such a little occurrence, but it sure did give my faith a big ol' boost.   Wink

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

EU Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. By using this site you consent to their use.