The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
July 06, 2022, 01:08:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 06, 2022, 01:08:23 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Rituals for getting through the day?  (Read 3783 times)
Varconus
Senior Newbie
Last Login:July 22, 2011, 02:16:41 pm
Norway Norway

Religion: Searching Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: June 27, 2011, 03:16:10 pm »

Good evening.

I can honestly say that this has been one of the worst day's in a long time. I wont bore you with the details, unless you want me too Smiley

Basically what I'm asking for is an idea or suggestion for a ritual or ceremony, which is calm and soothing and just helps me to relax and become motivated for the next couple of days.

Any form of help will be greatly appreciated Cheesy

Not for riches, not for sway
not for economic benefits
met they the emperors requirements
for freedom can't be bought

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

harzgeist
Journeyman
Last Login:July 04, 2011, 09:23:57 am
Germany Germany

Religion: Pagan - devoted to Anann and Thor

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: June 27, 2011, 03:27:03 pm »

Good evening.

I can honestly say that this has been one of the worst day's in a long time. I wont bore you with the details, unless you want me too Smiley

Basically what I'm asking for is an idea or suggestion for a ritual or ceremony, which is calm and soothing and just helps me to relax and become motivated for the next couple of days.

Well, it's not a ritual in the religious sense, but I find that two hours of yoga a week keep me calm for a couple days. However I don't know if you like doing sports at all.

give us a creed / To believe / a night of Lust / give us trust in / the Night
NibbleKat
Adept Member
Last Login:October 22, 2012, 03:45:56 pm
United States United States

Religion: Hard polytheist dedicated to Hermes, Sequana, and Sirona

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: June 27, 2011, 03:35:52 pm »

Good evening.

Have you smudged yourself in a while? To drive off the negative energies and get yourself more centered?

Follower of Hermes!
------------------
Available for devotional and altar art commissions at http://nibblekat.deviantart.com
UlsterYank
Master Member
Last Login:January 21, 2013, 02:18:03 pm
Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Religion: Traidisiúnachais Gaelach, Witchcraft, Thelema
TCN ID: UlsterYank

Déan mar is Toil leat, a bheas mar iomlán an Dlí

Blog entries (0)

anmericeanach

Ignore
« Reply #3: June 27, 2011, 03:39:12 pm »

Good evening.

You could have a nice relaxing purification bath, and to the Lesser Pentagram rituals, Banishing to banish the negativity, and Invoking to bring the energies more soothing. Yoga, as mentioned, is good too, especially the pranayama exercises that can be tied into meditation. 

"Remember all ye that existence is pure joy; that all the sorrows are but as shadows; they pass & are done; but there is that which remains" AL II:9
dragonfly_high
Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 12:03:08 am

Religion: Eclectic - leaning towards ADF

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: June 27, 2011, 03:50:46 pm »

Good evening.

How about 5 or 10 mins of meditation/grounding?  Sometimes just deep breaths help.  Or a nice relaxing cup of tea.

Waterfall
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:July 30, 2011, 04:52:42 am

Religion: Lokean

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: June 27, 2011, 03:58:57 pm »

Well, it's not a ritual in the religious sense, but I find that two hours of yoga a week keep me calm for a couple days. However I don't know if you like doing sports at all.

I do this. Only with hockey instead of yoga. It's not just being active, since I don't get the same calm and general happy feeling just by going for a run. Something about being on ice just does something extra. And although not religious on it's own, I can incorporate it in a little bit. Of course, for me, that's just talking to the gods and perhaps an offering of beer.
Varconus
Senior Newbie
Last Login:July 22, 2011, 02:16:41 pm
Norway Norway

Religion: Searching Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: June 27, 2011, 03:59:32 pm »

How about 5 or 10 mins of meditation/grounding?  Sometimes just deep breaths help.  Or a nice relaxing cup of tea.

Meditation sounds like a great idea, I will definately try it Smiley

Yoga is not quite my style, I do however work out at the gym and play soccer once a week, but its not quite relaxing Tongue

UlsterYank, could you explain the rituals you mentioned? They seemed really interresting Smiley

Not for riches, not for sway
not for economic benefits
met they the emperors requirements
for freedom can't be bought
Jenett
High Adept Member
Last Login:June 20, 2022, 04:12:33 pm

Religion: Priestess in initiatory religious witchcraft tradition

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #7: June 27, 2011, 09:11:45 pm »

Late to the discussion, because I've had a complicated (but I hope really good) day with a day-long interview...

I usually start with a long bath, with a bunch of cleansing/purifying stuff thrown in. My usual default starting place is a combination of:

1) a handful or two of sea salt or a mix of sea salt and epsom salts

2) some appropriate essential oils (total of 5-10 drops per bath): rosemary and lavender are both pretty cheap, but I have other stuff around so my current favorite blend is a mix of juniper, clary sage, grapefruit, and fennel (all of which are detoxing/cleansing effects medicinally)

3) some sort of appropriate soap or other stuff. (I usually have a bar of a sea-salt based soap handy, usually some sort of face mask, etc.)

Generally, I apply the face mask to myself, myself to the bath, and sit there reading something that makes me feel better until the water is cooling, at which point I do a more deliberate energetic cleansing. (there's more on that over on my website here: http://gleewood.org/seeking/practices/energetic-self-care/ though you might find other stuff under the Practices tab also useful.)

Other stuff that's helpful to me:
- a playlist of music that makes me feel better. (adapted for what kind of 'better' is helpful.)

- reading stuff that reminds me of what I care about - sometimes that's fiction, sometimes it's non-fiction, sometimes it's Pagan stuff.

- being extra careful to take care of myself as much as I can: eat foods that make me feel good and that I enjoy, an extra little treat I might not always do, plenty of sleep, that kind of thing.

- meditation or ritual work, depending on how much energy I have: this one has fallen out of my repertoire a bit over the last 18 months, because for health reasons, energy and focus were the things I was short on, and I wasn't able to use some of my preferred approaches as easily. (These days, it's a bit better.)

Blog: Thoughts from a threshold: http://gleewood.org/threshold
Info for seekers: http://gleewood.org/seeking
Pagan books and resources: http://gleewood.org/books
Otter
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:July 11, 2011, 03:38:03 pm

Religion: Gardnerian Wicca

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #8: June 28, 2011, 10:31:00 am »

Good evening.

What helps me the most is regular exercise and grounding/centering/shielding when I need an extra boost. Getting out into nature, too, even in the form of just a short walk through the woods, really helps with emotional balance as well. There are lots of great suggestions in this thread, you could try them all out and see what works for you.

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)