The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
February 28, 2020, 03:56:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 28, 2020, 03:56:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Akashic Records  (Read 9641 times)
Chaliceocean
Master Member
Last Login:August 13, 2007, 06:02:20 pm
United States United States

Religion: eclectic pagan

Perfect Love,Perfect Trust)O(

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: June 25, 2007, 08:48:06 pm »

Has anyone heard of those? According to Edgar Cayce, the Akashic Records are  huge database that exists on the astral plane, which apparently contains onformation about everyone and all of their lives and accomplishments,including people who have yet to live.

Has anyone ever accessed these? Can you explain your experience? Or for that matter, what are everyones thoughts on the topic to begin with?

I have found it fascinating and want to know more. Me and astral travel don't mesh well,lol.......so any information would be helpful.

Bright Blessings.

~Dont believe in anything simply because you have heard it, simply because it's spoken and rumored by many, simply because it is found written in your religious books, in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders, in traditions becuase they have been handed down for many generations. But after careful observation and analysis,when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conductive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.~*~Buddha~*~

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:November 07, 2019, 05:48:46 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: June 25, 2007, 10:37:58 pm »

Has anyone ever accessed these? Can you explain your experience? Or for that matter, what are everyones thoughts on the topic to begin with?

The Wikipedia article seems fairly accurate (at least right now): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akashic_Records

The cocept seems to have originated with Theosophy in the 1800s -- which makes it extremely suspect, IMHO.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Journey
Adept Member
Last Login:February 13, 2010, 04:43:29 pm

Religion: None

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: June 26, 2007, 11:23:07 am »

Has anyone heard of those? According to Edgar Cayce, the Akashic Records are  huge database that exists on the astral plane, which apparently contains onformation about everyone and all of their lives and accomplishments,including people who have yet to live.

I have found it fascinating and want to know more. Me and astral travel don't mesh well,lol.......so any information would be helpful.

Bright Blessings.

I have never heard of "Akashic Records" before, but it sounds similar to something I believe, however, I have no idea how to explain it.......I will go ahead and try....words are limiting especially when explaining concepts like these.......forgive me if it seems like rambling!

Basically, everything that happens makes an imprint.
Say a dog runs out in front of a car, and the driver must hit the breaks, swerves and hits a tree. The event is imprinted "impartially" so to speak (for lack of a better word), but it is also recorded from the driver's perspective, the dog's perspective, the tree's perspective, and the perspective of any witnesses. Hence, one event is actually recorded in many ways. Everything makes an imprint like this, from a bug crawling across a kitchen floor to great catastrophies like the World Trade Center.

So, the database concept isn't far from this. As for future events, they are not definate, so they change. If you think of this database as a computer then it also makes sense, the things that are and the things that have been can be extrapolated out to predict what might or probably will be.  (This is also why people who predict the future can be wrong - the answer first received was right for that particular moment but things later changed to alter the future) This is similar to Scrooge's visit from the ghost of Christmas yet to be - "are these the things that will be? or might be?"  Scrooge was shown the future as it would be unless he changed. Who knows, maybe Dickens had the oportunity to explore this database himself.

I don't think it is a place you have to "travel" to.  It can even open up or come to you if you are receptive enough.

Many religions have similar ideas where your actions are recorded (and some believe you are later judged).

The universe and everything contained in it is one big entity. We are just an aspect of the universe. Separate, yet not. It's like the body, all these little cells doing their own thing make the whole.

Please don't ask me for my sources....this is something that I have learned, but I don't know how.

So, maybe this is what you are speaking of, maybe not, but it's how I see it.
Chaliceocean
Master Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: June 26, 2007, 03:39:57 pm »

So, the database concept isn't far from this. As for future events, they are not definate, so they change. If you think of this database as a computer then it also makes sense, the things that are and the things that have been can be extrapolated out to predict what might or probably will be.  (This is also why people who predict the future can be wrong - the answer first received was right for that particular moment but things later changed to alter the future) This is similar to Scrooge's visit from the ghost of Christmas yet to be - "are these the things that will be? or might be?"  Scrooge was shown the future as it would be unless he changed. Who knows, maybe Dickens had the oportunity to explore this database himself.

Yes, but I have also seen another theory, I don't recall the name....maybe time continuum?.but it basically states that things like that are only true in our level of existance, that according to the universe there is no linear time. it's a concept that past, present, and future all coexist at the same moment...not on a time line like we use. I wish i could recall where I had read that and what it was called specifically. I found it intriguing nonetheless.

~Dont believe in anything simply because you have heard it, simply because it's spoken and rumored by many, simply because it is found written in your religious books, in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders, in traditions becuase they have been handed down for many generations. But after careful observation and analysis,when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conductive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.~*~Buddha~*~
Journey
Adept Member
Last Login:February 13, 2010, 04:43:29 pm

Religion: None

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: June 26, 2007, 04:42:13 pm »

Yes, but I have also seen another theory, I don't recall the name....maybe time continuum?.but it basically states that things like that are only true in our level of existance, that according to the universe there is no linear time. it's a concept that past, present, and future all coexist at the same moment...not on a time line like we use. I wish i could recall where I had read that and what it was called specifically. I found it intriguing nonetheless.

I wish you could recall the name - sounds interresting!
There's also the concept that we exist on various  "planes" (can't think of a better word to use) This isn't parallel lives, something different - in death for example, when someone passes on, they take us with them in the form of memmories, so that we are still with them, but we actually do exist there too. I know I am not explaining it well at all.

Maybe what I am trying to say is that we exist in other worlds simultaneously, we're just not conscience of it on this plane or world.  We ourselves are much larger than we think we are. So basically linear time might exhist for us here but not some place else.
Does any of this make any sense?
LyricFox
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:September 04, 2011, 02:39:11 pm

Religion: Lapsed Hellenic Reconstructionist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #5: June 26, 2007, 04:43:34 pm »

Personally, the only time I've ever come into contact with the concept is in fiction (or REALLY bad non-fiction). Part of my skepticism probably stems from the fact that I don't really believe in these sorts of things. So fictional works work OK, but taking them seriously in non-fiction is something I have trouble with.

Visit The Breast Cancer Site & Click to fund free Mammograms
Hosts' Store: Doxy's Bazaar (w/Pagan Items)
Need Web Hosting? See The Cheap Web Hosting Report
Chaliceocean
Master Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: June 26, 2007, 08:19:07 pm »

Personally, the only time I've ever come into contact with the concept is in fiction (or REALLY bad non-fiction). Part of my skepticism probably stems from the fact that I don't really believe in these sorts of things. So fictional works work OK, but taking them seriously in non-fiction is something I have trouble with.

I personally like to just beleive in possibilities, though on some topics I don't entirely rule it out......I however am very doubtful of it,lol. On this topic I don't really know either way. That's why I figured i'd post a topic on it and see if anyone had a personal experience with it.

Bright Blessings
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 08:48:16 pm by Star, Reason: Fixing quote code » Logged

LyricFox
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #7: June 26, 2007, 08:32:22 pm »

I personally like to just beleive in possibilities, though on some topics I don't entirely rule it out......I however am very doubtful of it,lol. On this topic I don't really know either way. That's why I figured i'd post a topic on it and see if anyone had a personal experience with it.

Bright Blessings

My problem isn't just with the concept, it's with the time it came out and who came up with it. For me, anything like this that makes an appearance in the 1800s is cause for a whole lot of salt while reading.

Chaliceocean
Master Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #8: June 26, 2007, 08:52:08 pm »

My problem isn't just with the concept, it's with the time it came out and who came up with it. For me, anything like this that makes an appearance in the 1800s is cause for a whole lot of salt while reading.

LOL, so that's what I was missing when i read that!

Morag
Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2019, 05:54:45 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: NeoCeltic Feri/Reclaimingesque HearthWitchery
TCN ID: morag

So much more than a pretty girl.

Blog entries (0)

maitressekatje honeyfeather honeyfeather

Ignore
« Reply #9: June 26, 2007, 10:01:43 pm »

The concept that time is not linear and everything happens all at once (and so is technically already over) was in one of SRW's books, I believe...either To Ride... or To Stir.... It's probably been explored in other places, but I read it first in one of those....thinking now I'm pretty sure it was To Ride.... (Would quote source/page but most of my books are in boxes still and I'm not even sure if I still have that one.) I don't remember the hypothesis' name or if it even had one in that book.

An interesting concept to be sure. If it's true and our past is our future and vice versa then it would explain a bunch of stuff, like precognition (how do you know what's going to happen in the future? It's already happened!) and highly advanced lost civilizations (they were highly advanced cause they haven't happened yet!).

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

"i am not an angry girl, but it seems like i've got everyone fooled -- every time i say something they find hard to hear they chalk it up to my anger and never to their own fear. and imagine you're a girl, just trying to finally come clean, knowing full well they'd prefer you were dirty and smiling."
--Ani DiFranco, Not a Pretty Girl.
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #10: June 26, 2007, 10:43:08 pm »

You would have thought that if these records existed and the Theosophists had access to them, their histories of the world would have been much more accurate. Smiley

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
LyricFox
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #11: June 26, 2007, 10:55:03 pm »

You would have thought that if these records existed and the Theosophists had access to them, their histories of the world would have been much more accurate. Smiley

I wonder if they ever talked to Tony Steele. ::innocent look::

RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #12: June 26, 2007, 11:02:40 pm »

I wonder if they ever talked to Tony Steele. ::innocent look::

Perhaps he channeled Madame Blavatsky. Smiley

Randall
LyricFox
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #13: June 26, 2007, 11:25:56 pm »

Perhaps he channeled Madame Blavatsky. Smiley

She ever wear a tennis outfit? LOL

Chaliceocean
Master Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #14: June 27, 2007, 12:19:37 am »

The concept that time is not linear and everything happens all at once (and so is technically already over) was in one of SRW's books, I believe...either To Ride... or To Stir.... It's probably been explored in other places, but I read it first in one of those....thinking now I'm pretty sure it was To Ride.... (Would quote source/page but most of my books are in boxes still and I'm not even sure if I still have that one.) I don't remember the hypothesis' name or if it even had one in that book.

An interesting concept to be sure. If it's true and our past is our future and vice versa then it would explain a bunch of stuff, like precognition (how do you know what's going to happen in the future? It's already happened!) and highly advanced lost civilizations (they were highly advanced cause they haven't happened yet!).

I definetely didn't get it from SRW,lmao. I think the book had the word paganism in it but i'm not sure, it was so long ago. I swear I have halfheimers,lol.

That is a good point!

Bright Blessings

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)