The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
June 14, 2021, 11:40:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 14, 2021, 11:40:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Third eye anxiety.  (Read 6713 times)
r2squared
Journeyman
Last Login:July 15, 2011, 11:52:35 am
United States United States

Religion: not sure yet

Blog entries (0)

Timothy Bloodworth

Ignore
« Topic Start: June 28, 2011, 08:19:35 pm »

As I'm growing in the craft and learn more about the universe and myself each day, I'm coming across certain concepts I may have either ignored or just didn't see from the past. Concepts like astral travel, meditation, general psychic abilities, and the third eye in particular.

I already know my way to try to make it stronger, or "open it", if you will. My issue is not technique. It's fear. I'm sort of...terrified, of seeing things I'm not used to. Ghosts, for example.

When I was a young lad, I lived in an apartment complex that was, well, not exactly the brightest part of town. For  a while I used to see terrible things, be they ghosts/spirits, demons, or just my imagination, they were extremely frightening, and my mother and father always told me there was nothing there. To this day I'm still terrified of the dark and though I believe and understand the idea of ghost or spirits, the thought of actually seeing one (especially a recently deceased one) simply petrifies my core. 

So for my whole life I sort repressed my third eye, if you will. Now that I am starting to learn how opening it could be beneficial, I want to try to harness it, but a part of me still has that childhood fear. My issue is getting over it. Does anyone have any advice to help me overcome this now irrational fear?

I'm on the right track, baby.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

FierFlye
Adept Member
Last Login:December 14, 2013, 06:14:57 pm
United States United States

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: FierFlye

Photo Credit: http://roothieb.blogspot.com/

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #1: June 28, 2011, 08:56:56 pm »

I think it's common for people to have different sense fears. More about that in a sec. As for opening your third eye, for what purpose do you need to be able to 'see' clearer? Could you accomplish the same goals by heightening your sense of feeling or hearing? Not everyone has the gift of clear seeing, and they still manage just fine as a witch.

I too, fear being able to see spirits. And I am in a paranormal group that actively seeks them out! I want to contact spirits, but preferably either by feeling or hearing them. For some reason, seeing them would be the ultimate creep out. Now, other people on my team feel differently. They generally wouldn't mind seeing the spirit, but DO NOT want to be touched. We actually worked out an order when we investigated the Ohio State Reformatory. P went first, so nothing could grab him from behind, K went second, so nothing could grab her or whisper in her ear, and I went last so that I wouldn't round a corner and come face to face with an apparition. It was rather humorous, especially when the order became so ingrained that we automatically fell into it the next day when getting coffee at Panera.

Spiritual Blog: Fier's Flame

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)