The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
June 21, 2021, 02:53:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2021, 02:53:15 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Quartz stone I found /Runes/ birds on the brain?  (Read 2746 times)
Chakabe
Apprentice
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 03:43:41 pm
United States United States

Religion: Studying Pagan / Druid

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Topic Start: June 30, 2011, 09:04:18 pm »

Well I was picking weeds out at my pool yesterday and I found a quartz stone (not crystal does that change it if it is a decorative stone rather then a crystal?) Since then I have placed it in salt and ran it under some water as well as it falling in my pool so I would imagine that it is more or less clean by now. I have been keeping it with me to let it mesh with me. At night I keep it in a small bowl (Sake' dish) with water all around it. SO if there is anything else I can do for it or if I am doing something wrong, please do tell.

After I was done with the quarts in the salt I put my runes in for a cleaning as well. I might keep them on me for a while to let them mesh as well. That is about all on that spectrum.

As for birds we have this rather large falcon on our property A few months ago it kinda flew over my shoulder. (Like maybe five feet above me.) Every so often I see him / her in the sky and every time i hear that call it makes I look up and say Hi to it. I wonder if there is any thing I can give it that might cause it to be a little more friendly...Maybe not like house pet but rather more trusting. Also I know which one it is since it seems to be missing a few feathers (Not enough to change how it operates in flight but rather just more identifying. That and it has to be at least a wing span of close to three maybe four feet.

Wondering if the bird is some kind of guardian or something of that nature.

Well that is it for me so far Smiley

<-- Click the egg please need help hatching-Thank you Cheesy

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: July 01, 2011, 04:02:30 am »

I found a quartz stone (not crystal does that change it if it is a decorative stone rather then a crystal?)

Are you asking if quartz is only quartz if it's in the form of a crystal?  If that's your question, the answer is no. 

Quartz is a VERY common mineral (silicon dioxide), and it comes in a wide variety of shapes and colors.  When people say "crystal", they're usually referring to a stone that has a regular shape (often hexagonal), pointed ends, and smooth faces, and is transparent or translucent.  That's the macrocrystalline version of quartz.  Quartz does occur like that (clear quartz, aka "rock crystal"), and in many colors (rose, amethyst, citrine, smokey).

But that's not the only form of quartz.  There are also microcrystalline varieties that occur in many colors.  Chalcedony, agate, aventurine, jasper, bloodstone, carnelian, chrysoprase, and onyx are all varieties of quartz.  An opaque, white variety called snow quartz or milk quartz is found all over the place.

(More info here and here.)

What does your stone look like?

Also, be careful using salt to cleanse.  It can damage some kinds of stones very badly.  Even water can cause problems if you're trying to cleanse a material that dissolves in water.

~ Aster

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
Chakabe
Apprentice
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 03:43:41 pm

Religion: Studying Pagan / Druid

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #2: July 01, 2011, 12:28:39 pm »

What does your stone look like?
Also, be careful using salt to cleanse.  It can damage some kinds of stones very badly.  Even water can cause problems if you're trying to cleanse a material that dissolves in water.

Well the stone it self is kinda  a faded pale white on one side and a pinkish orange on the other.
small it fits in the palm of my hand  oval shaped.
on the pinkish side it has a corner that has a chip in it revealing a shiny pale white interior

That is about as much info as I got on it.

<-- Click the egg please need help hatching-Thank you Cheesy

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

EU Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. By using this site you consent to their use.