The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
May 26, 2018, 03:18:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 26, 2018, 03:18:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Prayers and energy for my boyfriend, please...  (Read 3948 times)
KittyVel
Apprentice
Last Login:July 03, 2012, 12:40:32 pm
United States United States

Religion: Kemeticism

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: July 02, 2011, 05:40:52 pm »

The past two months have been somewhat of a disaster for my boyfriend of almost three years.  First his music and dj'ing went downhill (can't finish a song and hasn't had any gigs), then we got in a wreck and he lost his car, he started smoking cigarettes (again) and got addicted (again) after the wreck, we can no longer afford to get our own place, he came close to quitting cigarettes (again), and now his only pet, Nikki (a 10-year-old Shiba Inu) is extremely sick and may need to be put down, which in turn is making him crave cigarettes...again...He doesn't know whether this is karma for something (we have no idea what it could be for) or if it's some sort of test, but he's getting very worn down and I don't know how to help him...I know you guys don't really know me, but your help would mean the world to both of us right now.  He doesn't know how to deal with all of this, and he desperately needs some positive energy coming his way.  I don't feel like I can give him what he needs on my own, so I'm coming to all of you for help.  Thank you in advance...

"Life is only a vision, a dream; nothing exists save empty space and you, and you are but a thought."

~Mark Twain's "The Mysterious Stranger"~

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 18, 2018, 06:50:50 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: July 02, 2011, 06:03:04 pm »

He doesn't know whether this is karma for something (we have no idea what it could be for) or if it's some sort of test, but he's getting very worn down and I don't know how to help him...

Your boyfriend will be in my prayers tonight.

Side note: it might not be "karma" or a test, but just a run of very bad luck.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
KittyVel
Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: July 02, 2011, 07:11:54 pm »

Your boyfriend will be in my prayers tonight.

Side note: it might not be "karma" or a test, but just a run of very bad luck.

Thank you so much.

That is possible, but in his (and mine) belief EVERYTHING happens for a reason.  So in his mind, it must be either karma or some sort of test.  I tend to think of things in this way, myself.  Sometimes (like in this situation) those thoughts can really be bothersome.

"Life is only a vision, a dream; nothing exists save empty space and you, and you are but a thought."

RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 18, 2018, 06:50:50 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #3: July 03, 2011, 08:21:50 am »

That is possible, but in his (and mine) belief EVERYTHING happens for a reason. 

I guess I'm too much of a "science" type to be able to believe that everything happens for a reason.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
KittyVel
Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: July 03, 2011, 09:00:08 pm »

The past two months have been somewhat of a disaster for my boyfriend of almost three years.  First his music and dj'ing went downhill (can't finish a song and hasn't had any gigs), then we got in a wreck and he lost his car, he started smoking cigarettes (again) and got addicted (again) after the wreck, we can no longer afford to get our own place, he came close to quitting cigarettes (again), and now his only pet, Nikki (a 10-year-old Shiba Inu) is extremely sick and may need to be put down, which in turn is making him crave cigarettes...again...He doesn't know whether this is karma for something (we have no idea what it could be for) or if it's some sort of test, but he's getting very worn down and I don't know how to help him...I know you guys don't really know me, but your help would mean the world to both of us right now.  He doesn't know how to deal with all of this, and he desperately needs some positive energy coming his way.  I don't feel like I can give him what he needs on my own, so I'm coming to all of you for help.  Thank you in advance...

An update...Nikki was put to sleep last night.  Apparently she's had liver cancer for awhile, and it was mistaken (somehow...) for pancreantitis.  When she got to the vet, she has a stroke and went into convulsions.  It's likely that she went into shock after that, and at that point there was nothing that could be done to save her.  My boyfriend and I have taken this very hard, him especially.  So now, he REALLY needs some positive energy.  I appreciate it....

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)