The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
February 21, 2018, 08:11:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 21, 2018, 08:11:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: My Personal Beliefs and Questions  (Read 3284 times)
GhiaDominick
Last Login:July 04, 2011, 02:12:46 pm
United States United States

Religion: Pagan - Personal

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: July 03, 2011, 06:41:43 am »

I know what I believe in and practice. I have never found a particular religion that gave it a term. There's nothing wrong with that, yep, just that it would be easier and more informative to people who want to know. If somehow I did find one that took everything that I believe, and had other people, my mind would be sufficiently "blown". Course, it's possible I have been looking in all the wrong search engines.

-Energy (psychic, mental energy, whatever) is tied to the physical. Ex.-The atmosphere is a massive pool full of energy, constantly going in and out of living things. Living things change the make-up of that atmosphere, erego, the energy changes as well, until it comes to another thing that will then change the structure in a continuous cycle.

-The spirit/soul of beings is the same energy.

-The Spirits are energy, but different. Like putting oil and water in a bottle. Together but seperate, until agitated. Structure remains unchanged.

-This can cause the reincarnation bit, when one's energy becomes a part of the ecosystem and atmosphere and can end up making the bulk of a new person's energy (who, up 'til that point, was a part of the mother's energy). By being exposed to the energized world they absorb energy from the world, while most would have energy from nearly hundreds of beings that individual personalities would be diluted, if one particular energy is concentrated enough it can hold its influence.

-The Spirits, with their different energy, are able to be around us, IN us, but not permanently and must eventually return to their "oil/water seperation". I include dieties under Spirits, though I do not have personal experience to say this conclusively... I reserve my judgement but assume they work the same.

-There are many other planes of physical and different energy, ours is only one.

-I know and talk to (well, pray, but my conversations are too casual to call prayer) a couple Spirits, and I know their personalities, if I do not know their names.

I have noticed that a lot of people pay homage to particular dieties. I am curious.
How do you choose who to pay respects? Do you call on your choices, or do they spontaneously reach you?

I have never been in contact with what is a known historical diety, in any meditation or dream. Atleast, never a positively identified as a contect, and not continuous. It seems strange (ok, not "strange", just different that what I'm familiar with) to me, how that could be started and how the relationship between person and diety is maintained.

Maybe I'm just not cool enough to roll with the cool kids of the spiritual world.  Grin

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 19, 2018, 02:27:35 pm

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: July 03, 2011, 08:25:30 am »

I have noticed that a lot of people pay homage to particular dieties. I am curious.
How do you choose who to pay respects? Do you call on your choices, or do they spontaneously reach you?

I have never been in contact with what is a known historical diety, in any meditation or dream. Atleast, never a positively identified as a contect, and not continuous. It seems strange (ok, not "strange", just different that what I'm familiar with) to me, how that could be started and how the relationship between person and diety is maintained.

In the vast majority of cases, people pick the deities they feel an affinity for or whose area covers their concerns. A few people are called by a specific deity who contacts them, but that's relatively rare. And it doesn't mean that the person is "more cool" or whatever, it usually means that the deity needs that specific person to do something for reasons only the deity really knows.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
GhiaDominick
Last Login:July 04, 2011, 02:12:46 pm

Religion: Pagan - Personal

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: July 03, 2011, 04:13:52 pm »

Thank you.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)