The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
January 24, 2021, 01:23:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 24, 2021, 01:23:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: meditation and mental blocks  (Read 2646 times)
strawberrygrl
Last Login:June 26, 2007, 09:16:26 pm
United States Minor Outlying Islands United States Minor Outlying Islands

Religion: pegan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: June 26, 2007, 09:16:26 pm »

First i want to thank all who answered my last post.  I have a mental block and can not meditate.  How do i remove the block or get past it.  I dont go very far into mediation when i just feel blocked and  i cant go farther.  I can  not visualize anything.  it is fustrating to say the least.  thanks Cheesy

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Chaliceocean
Master Member
Last Login:August 13, 2007, 06:02:20 pm
United States United States

Religion: eclectic pagan

Perfect Love,Perfect Trust)O(

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: June 26, 2007, 09:22:55 pm »

First i want to thank all who answered my last post.  I have a mental block and can not meditate.  How do i remove the block or get past it.  I dont go very far into mediation when i just feel blocked and  i cant go farther.  I can  not visualize anything.  it is fustrating to say the least.  thanks Cheesy

First off hun, this is usually the place to discuss different pagan religions:P

That aside, have you been straining or trying to hard to meditate once you noticed the block? If you currently have alot of stress in different areas of your life, it can affect your ability to meditate if it's draining your concentration or making it hard for you to relax, which I find works directly against successful meditation.

Perhaps you should give it a rest for a few days and when you attempt to do it again, make sure you take a nice long bath first, clear your mind, and just let it happen without trying too hard to acheive it. And if you still find yourself only somewhat successful, try to just go with the flow. If you keep relaxing and gently trying, it should slowly improve and you shouldn't have any continuing problems with it.

You might also want to try different aides if you don't currently that can help, and if they don;t work for you you can just stop using them. Things such as music, incense, candles, even comfort items that you might have. If you are into divination, to give a boost to starting a more specific meditation, try using tarot or some other form you can study and think on. Doing this beforehand can help aide your mind in focusing on something and can also facilitate meditation, though it depends on your practices and how long you have been doing things of that nature sometimes.

I hope that helps. Bright Blessings

~Dont believe in anything simply because you have heard it, simply because it's spoken and rumored by many, simply because it is found written in your religious books, in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders, in traditions becuase they have been handed down for many generations. But after careful observation and analysis,when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conductive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.~*~Buddha~*~
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #2: June 27, 2007, 08:17:02 am »

First off hun, this is usually the place to discuss different pagan religions:P

Meditation can be a religious practice.  The thread's OK either here or in the Magic/Occult 101 folder, IMHO, especially since options are limited for Regular Members.

(Just a side note...  I'd stay away from calling people "hun" here.  I know that in some areas it's a harmless term of general affection, but for a lot of us that's not the case, so it winds up sounding really condescending even if you didn't mean it to.)

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
Wiccan Warrior
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:July 06, 2007, 05:47:55 am

Religion: Pagan/Wiccan

Beatus Exsisto

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: June 27, 2007, 11:04:11 am »

Do you have a pet at all?  Usually petting you're cat or dog can unblock as well....

Through intelligence comes learning,through learning comes understanding, through understanding comes knowledge, through knowledge comes wisdom, and without one of the four you have none.
Purplewitch
Adept Member
Last Login:August 03, 2009, 02:04:40 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: kitchenWitch with Celtic Condiments

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #4: June 27, 2007, 11:19:10 am »

Usually that happens to me when I'm stressed (or sleep deprived lol) and on the understanding that (obviously) different things work for different people, usually it means that I need to get outside.. preferably in the sunshine. Then again, I'm all too influenced by the weather at the best of times Wink
Being outside though, usually does it for me.

Chaliceocean
Master Member
Last Login:August 13, 2007, 06:02:20 pm

Religion: eclectic pagan

Perfect Love,Perfect Trust)O(

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: June 28, 2007, 10:42:47 pm »

Meditation can be a religious practice.  The thread's OK either here or in the Magic/Occult 101 folder, IMHO, especially since options are limited for Regular Members.

(Just a side note...  I'd stay away from calling people "hun" here.  I know that in some areas it's a harmless term of general affection, but for a lot of us that's not the case, so it winds up sounding really condescending even if you didn't mean it to.)

I didn't think of that about the limitation. i know that it can be a religious practice, but I thought this was for just discussing religions, like foundationally or what they are about,lol.

I almost didn't type that either, I also didn't mean it in a condescending way at all, just so she knows:) Thank you Star.

Bright Blessings

~Dont believe in anything simply because you have heard it, simply because it's spoken and rumored by many, simply because it is found written in your religious books, in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders, in traditions becuase they have been handed down for many generations. But after careful observation and analysis,when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conductive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.~*~Buddha~*~
Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #6: June 29, 2007, 01:31:50 pm »

Meditation does not always = visulizing something. Maybe you're aiming for a too complicated form of meditation?

Just try following your breath (not changing the way you breath, but putting your attention on the flow of the air.) If thoughts come around to distract you say: Thanks, not now. And go back to concentrate on the breath. Try it for five minutes at first - just before going to sleep. As soon as you feel that the yadda-yadda in your mind is less disturbing, expand the time. And be stubborn. It gets easier Wink

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance. You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)