The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
July 03, 2022, 10:05:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2022, 10:05:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Spritual Guides...Do you have one?  (Read 11806 times)
Asharti
Apprentice
Last Login:February 13, 2009, 12:29:11 am
Australia Australia

Religion: Pagan

I am bound to the arrow maker

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: July 05, 2007, 08:27:34 pm »

Merry Meet!

Last year on New Years Eve I had some spritual healing done at my partners friends house, his mother is a healer and i needed some, i needed to be able to let go of what happened in my life. So during this process my guide talked her, i didn't know i had one, i know that people do i just thought that i didn't deserve one.

My guide is female and Asian, thats all i know. I want to meet her, but my partner who is also Pagan said if i rushed it i may not get to meet her. I want to know how can i channel her when i need advice and guidance? My other question is have you meet your guide? If so did it benefit you? Do they have names? Where do they come from? Some nights i feel so lost that all i want to do is to talk to someone who's been there from the start, or at least i think she was there from the start....if she wasn't when did she come into my life?

i know so many questions but if anyone has any infomation that would be excellent.

Blessed Be!
Love & Light!
Asharti

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

ant
Permanently Banned
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:February 18, 2010, 06:44:50 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: no subscriptions

no ant pic =(

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: July 05, 2007, 09:28:15 pm »

i know so many questions but if anyone has any infomation that would be excellent.

Merry Meet Indeed!

I'm sure I have some guardian out there, if anyone has tried to hurt me in the past it has always backfired upon them, I see this as a guardian looking after me.

If you want to meet your guardian, then just keep wanting it, then when you forget you want it, it will probably show itself to you, be it a human asian or another one of your guardians, if there is more than one that is..

Personally I'm not that bothered about meeting them, as long as they help me and I entertain them in some way and keep them happy then that's all that matters.

I mean if I did meet them what would we have to say to eachother? I would think we would both just know everything about eachother subconciously or otherwise and probably give a huge smile and a great big hug and that would be it..

But I have friends for that, so it's not that big a deal,

Just believing there is somthing there is enough,

What would you do if you did meet your guardian?

Asharti
Apprentice
Australia Australia

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: July 05, 2007, 09:46:38 pm »

What would you do if you did meet your guardian?

I'd want to know did she help along the course of events that killed my abuser...if she did i'll show my thanks, that person dying set me free, but now i guess im afraid of death because what happens if i see this person....i remember when i was 13 i asked them why and they said becuase they could, never said sorry, never admited they were wrong, my childhood was taken...
Journey
Adept Member
Last Login:February 13, 2010, 04:43:29 pm
United States United States

Religion: None

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: July 05, 2007, 10:12:32 pm »

I mean if I did meet them what would we have to say to eachother? I would think we would both just know everything about eachother subconciously or otherwise and probably give a huge smile and a great big hug and that would be it..

Okay, just when I think I've got it all down, somebody says something that makes me stop and think - "Gee, I never realized that before!"

I have been aware of a "guardian" for as long as I can remember, but we have never actually "talked." I know lots about them and they obviously know all about me. I guess we really don't need to chat.

How right you are.

Underwater Thing
Journeyman
Last Login:May 24, 2010, 03:51:18 pm

Religion: Researching....Again.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: July 05, 2007, 10:36:32 pm »

My other question is have you meet your guide? If so did it benefit you? Do they have names? Where do they come from? Some nights i feel so lost that all i want to do is to talk to someone who's been there from the start, or at least i think she was there from the start....if she wasn't when did she come into my life?

I think everyone has a spirit guide, I know, I just risked sounding like a hippy.  But, I do.  I don't think I've personally met mine yet, but they've shown subtle hints.  I'm just waiting for the day they start being more than subtle, eh?

"The sun is a flame-white disc
in silken mists
above shining trees,-
if I in my north room
dance naked, grotesquely
before my mirror."
-William Carlos Williams; Danse Russe.
Chaliceocean
Master Member
Last Login:August 13, 2007, 06:02:20 pm

Religion: eclectic pagan

Perfect Love,Perfect Trust)O(

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: July 05, 2007, 10:46:38 pm »

I think everyone has a spirit guide, I know, I just risked sounding like a hippy.  But, I do.  I don't think I've personally met mine yet, but they've shown subtle hints.  I'm just waiting for the day they start being more than subtle, eh?

I feel the same way. But with so many people waiting to meet them, maybe you just don't. Maybe *meeting* them is knowing they are there and knowing when help or information comes from them. I haven't *met* mine yet so i'm not sure,lol.

I have used a psychic circle and been told it ws my guardian. True, it knew alot of my past the person I used it with didn't know but alot of other information I asked about wasn't accurate.*shrugs*who knows:)

Bright Blessings.

~Dont believe in anything simply because you have heard it, simply because it's spoken and rumored by many, simply because it is found written in your religious books, in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders, in traditions becuase they have been handed down for many generations. But after careful observation and analysis,when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conductive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.~*~Buddha~*~
Journey
Adept Member
Last Login:February 13, 2010, 04:43:29 pm

Religion: None

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: July 05, 2007, 10:47:18 pm »

I'd want to know did she help along the course of events that killed my abuser...if she did i'll show my thanks, that person dying set me free, but now i guess im afraid of death because what happens if i see this person....i remember when i was 13 i asked them why and they said becuase they could, never said sorry, never admited they were wrong, my childhood was taken...

Blessings and light to you Asharti. 

I don't know if I can help, but I became aware of my "guardian" when I was very little. I used to be fasinated with where I was before this life. I couldn't believe I just sprang into being. I would lie on my bed and meditate about this. That was when all sorts of answers came to me. I don't know if meditation will help you as well, but that was what worked for me.

My beliefs are rather complicated, they center around Khnum, an ancient Egyptian creator God. He creates people on a potter's wheel and creates their sole at the same time as well. Of course that is simplifying it  quite a bit, but basically, you have a "spiritual parent" as well as physical parents, so you are never alone spirtually. I don't know if that makes any sense, but it's the best I can explain it.

Peace be to you along your paths.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 10:50:30 pm by Nile_Lily, Reason: Typo » Logged
Derg Corra
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:May 08, 2008, 09:29:15 pm

Religion: Aspiring Wiccan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: July 05, 2007, 11:16:11 pm »

I feel the same way. But with so many people waiting to meet them, maybe you just don't. Maybe *meeting* them is knowing they are there and knowing when help or information comes from them. I haven't *met* mine yet so i'm not sure,lol.

Am I the only one a bit apprehensive about meeting any spirit guide or guides I may have?  I mean, it's something I want to do one day, however, I can't help but feel that a situation like that could just paint a big bullseye over you to any and all spirits that may not have your best interest in mind.  I guess my fear then, isn't worrying about meeting a "guide" but rather some wayward spirit that wants to live vicariously through anyone willing to listen.

There is a book about spirit guides that I have not read myself but have read about.  It's called "The Siren Call of Hungry Ghosts."  The author began to explore channeling and joined a group.  One of the guides that was channel led claimed to be his spirit guide and gave all sorts of details about how they knew each other in a past life.  He actually went and researched the information he was given and found it to be completely bogus.  He concluded that the spirits were real entities but lied about who they were.  He ended up committing suicide even though he had spoke out against it in previous works.

The book:

http://www.paraview.com/fisher/index.htm

Review (biased, but informative nonetheless):

http://www.spotlightministries.org.uk/hungryghosts.htm

Stories like that make me wonder about the nature of otherworldly messages (be they from channellings, EVP, Ouija, etc...)  It is my personal view that they can be real, but should be taken with a grain of salt until proven otherwise.
Aasha
Journeyman
Last Login:October 26, 2009, 02:14:45 pm

Religion: Canaanite Reconstructionist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #8: July 05, 2007, 11:21:18 pm »

Of course that is simplifying it  quite a bit, but basically, you have a "spiritual parent" as well as physical parents, so you are never alone spirtually.

I have been aware of a spirit guardian, yet never met him.  He is less a parent, and more a foster brother/guide/lover (if that makes any sense).  I wonder if a spirit guardian is more likely to be something that is missing from your physical world.  For example, someone raised by a single parent may have the other helping them in the spiritual realm.  I don't have a big brother, although I wish I did.  Same with a lover/boyfriend.  Is it all in my mind then?  Ha.  Sometimes I ask the same question about this world. Such thoughts lead me nowhere.
Asharti
Apprentice
Australia Australia

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: July 05, 2007, 11:24:28 pm »

I don't have a big brother, although I wish I did.  Same with a lover/boyfriend.  Is it all in my mind then?  Ha.  Sometimes I ask the same question about this world. Such thoughts lead me nowhere.

You might be onto something there...my sister was never really good to me so to speak, i gave an inch she ran a mile so to speak...maybe my guide is like a sister...the one i never really had...
NightRain
Last Login:August 13, 2007, 09:45:40 pm

Religion: Solitary Witch

Blessed Be!

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #10: July 05, 2007, 11:26:03 pm »

Am I the only one a bit apprehensive about meeting any spirit guide or guides I may have?  I mean, it's something I want to do one day, however, I can't help but feel that a situation like that could just paint a big bullseye over you to any and all spirits that may not have your best interest in mind.  I guess my fear then, isn't worrying about meeting a "guide" but rather some wayward spirit that wants to live vicariously through anyone willing to listen.

I understand in a way with you Derg Corra. Something like that is kindof hard to think about. But I also believe that there is a good chance that you might be able to decipher whether it is your guide or not.

I know how I feel when my guide is really close to me, and I just don't see how something manipulative could give off a feeling like that.

"We know what we are, but know not what we may be."-W. Shakespear
Asharti
Apprentice
Australia Australia

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #11: July 05, 2007, 11:34:02 pm »

I know how I feel when my guide is really close to me, and I just don't see how something manipulative could give off a feeling like that.

If our guides are ment to help us then we would't have a negative vibe, but i think that they wouldn't 'abuse' thier power so to speak...i think they'd get in trouble or something...another thought would somebody as bad as say Hitler would he have a guide?

Blessed Be!
Love & Light!
Asharti
EverFool
Board Staff
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 16, 2011, 12:40:01 pm

Religion: atheist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #12: July 06, 2007, 04:09:50 am »

My other question is have you meet your guide? If so did it benefit you? Do they have names? Where do they come from?

I don't have a guide.

If anal prolapse teaches us anything, it's that it is what is inside that counts.
ant
Permanently Banned
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:February 18, 2010, 06:44:50 pm

Religion: no subscriptions

no ant pic =(

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #13: July 06, 2007, 05:59:09 am »

I don't have a guide.
Eric the invisible ninja guide never shows himself!

EverFool
Board Staff
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 16, 2011, 12:40:01 pm

Religion: atheist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #14: July 06, 2007, 06:05:51 am »

Eric the invisible ninja guide never shows himself!

That's nice for him.  Were you going somewhere with this?

If anal prolapse teaches us anything, it's that it is what is inside that counts.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)