The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
September 17, 2019, 07:06:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2019, 07:06:15 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Reincarnation and Past Lives  (Read 4797 times)
Malkin
Journeyman
Last Login:July 04, 2011, 07:53:38 pm
United States United States

Religion: BTW

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #15: July 11, 2007, 07:29:32 pm »

Personally, some days I find oblivion comforting.  I really don't want to reincarnate.  Living once is full of quite enough crap.

Allow me to wholeheartedly agree with you.

Personally, I choose not to concern myself with reincarnation. Partly because there was a time in my life when I was a little too absorbed in making up fanciful speculations about who I may have been, and partly because our popular notions about reincarnation come from India, where the concept is inextricably tied up with the concept of karma, both of which are inextricably tied up with the politics of the caste system. (In other words, it's a really convenient way to justify social stratification.) That said, I have only had two instances, in dreams, of what may have been genuine recollections of past lives. I had both of these visions during childhood/adolescence, and they didn't make any sense until I learned a little more about history (the relevant eras/locales being WWII Japan and late 19th century France).

And that said, I'm not particularly excited about being born again at a later time. I think this lifetime is quite enough for me - there's too much to do, and I'm tired already, lol. I think we do our best when we live with the notion that this is our only chance to get it right. Somebody around this board has an awesome sig quote, which pretty much sums up how I feel about reincarnation: "Keep one foot in yesterday and another in tomorrow, and you'll piss all over today."

Thessaly: It's time to draw down the moon.
Foxglove: We did this. Or something like this. We had water and salt, not blood. We invoked the goddess in her aspect as the moon. We called down her power...
Thessaly: Did she answer you?
Foxglove: Well, it felt good at the time. Empowering.
Thessaly: Hmph.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)