The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
August 23, 2019, 02:05:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2019, 02:05:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Deity manipulation in the modern world  (Read 6009 times)
RebDog
Journeyman
Last Login:December 10, 2007, 12:02:44 pm
United States United States

Religion: Northern Tradition/claimed by Odin

Knowest thou how to ask? offer? send? sacrifice?

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: July 09, 2007, 01:37:39 am »

Do you ever feel that your Deity manipulates modern technology to get your attention?  Radio/TV/Vehicles, etc. 
Or do you only have experiences through 'natural' occurences?   Weather/Seasons/Time Change, etc. 
Or do you only have experiences through your own invitation to your deity?

Strong is the beam that raised must be
To give an entrance to all;
Give it a ring, or grim will be
The wish it would work on thee.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

gayars
Adept Member
Last Login:January 27, 2009, 02:40:16 pm

Religion: Christian Witch

My baby :)

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: July 09, 2007, 07:28:55 am »

Do you ever feel that your Deity manipulates modern technology to get your attention?  Radio/TV/Vehicles, etc. 
Or do you only have experiences through 'natural' occurences?   Weather/Seasons/Time Change, etc. 
Or do you only have experiences through your own invitation to your deity?

In my case, Deity uses whatever Diety wants/needs to.   Cheesy So, for that matter do other spirits.  Family members who have passed on for instance.  The 6 spirits who contact me any at all, use electronic devices all the time.  Actually think it may be EASIER for them to.  (grandfather, husband, 3 children, one of my best friends) 

After all, if they left out electronic devices, I might not notice nearly as often  Grin  (not a computer addict, nooooo not at all.........)

Gina

Chihuahuas are like Napoleon, small and think they can rule the world.  If in doubt, just ask them.  They will tell ya Smiley
Journey
Adept Member
Last Login:February 13, 2010, 04:43:29 pm

Religion: None

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: July 09, 2007, 10:51:31 am »

In my case, Deity uses whatever Diety wants/needs to.   Cheesy So, for that matter do other spirits.  Family members who have passed on for instance.  The 6 spirits who contact me any at all, use electronic devices all the time.  Actually think it may be EASIER for them to.  (grandfather, husband, 3 children, one of my best friends) 
After all, if they left out electronic devices, I might not notice nearly as often  Grin  (not a computer addict, nooooo not at all.........)
Gina

Once again, I agree with gayars! 

For me, family members who have passed on use electronic devices, usually something associated with their life on Earth so I will know who it is. My mother, for example uses clocks quite creatively to communicate (we had a couple of running jokes about clocks when she was alive.)

As for a deity and technology - well actually I have been looking for a good candidate for the "Patron Deity of Technology", if anyone has a good suggestion.

For some reason I have a lot of trouble with all electronic devices..... gas pumps, grocery store doors,  ATMs, it's as if they all hate me!  I actually got trapped by an electronic turnstile at Disneyworld - embarrassing to say the least!
Steve - ComW
Staff
Adept Member
Last Login:September 03, 2011, 12:22:07 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Flamekeeper
TCN ID: ComW

A work on progress

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #3: July 09, 2007, 11:51:15 am »

As for a deity and technology - well actually I have been looking for a good candidate for the "Patron Deity of Technology", if anyone has a good suggestion.

Depends - Personally I go with hephestus for heavy tech (excluding earth movers - for some reason), and a whole pantheon for infomation tech depending on application.

Aisling
High Adept Member
Last Login:November 11, 2012, 02:17:34 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan
TCN ID: Aisling

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #4: July 09, 2007, 12:16:56 pm »

In my case, Deity uses whatever Diety wants/needs to.   Cheesy So, for that matter do other spirits. 

This has been my experience as well.  Most often it's music related technology... cd players, stereos, mp3 players.  This just may be because it's the only technology that I use constantly.   

Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #5: July 09, 2007, 07:22:29 pm »

This has been my experience as well.  Most often it's music related technology... cd players, stereos, mp3 players.  This just may be because it's the only technology that I use constantly.   

Messages received via iPod have happened to my daughter and me so often, we're now calling it iDivine.   Wink

Brighid definitely sends me messages in whatever way will get my attention.  I'm dumb as a post sometimes.  She once answered my "Am I nuts, or are you really there" rant with a long series of funny subway train ads for nuts.  She sends me sunbursts all the time when I need reassurance -- usually as logos on trucks or stores or something I happen to be passing.  When I went to NYC for my job interview, during the cab ride to the office, everywhere I looked there was something for me.  First was a huge green spiral on the "Celtic Building Supplies" truck or something like that.  Then, once that got my attention, there were suns everywhere.

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
Purplewitch
Adept Member
Last Login:August 03, 2009, 02:04:40 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: kitchenWitch with Celtic Condiments

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #6: July 09, 2007, 07:28:49 pm »

Actually now that you mention music... (ok I tried to explain but it would get way too long) anyway - yes lol

gayars
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: July 09, 2007, 07:47:10 pm »

Once again, I agree with gayars! 

For me, family members who have passed on use electronic devices, usually something associated with their life on Earth so I will know who it is. My mother, for example uses clocks quite creatively to communicate (we had a couple of running jokes about clocks when she was alive.)

For some reason I have a lot of trouble with all electronic devices..... gas pumps, grocery store doors,  ATMs, it's as if they all hate me!  I actually got trapped by an electronic turnstile at Disneyworld - embarrassing to say the least!

electronic devices.... that is me!  I took out  3 or 4 tv boards in an old computer first time I would use it, every time!  My daughter used it for a month one time before I dared to use it, and sure enough first time I used it, it was zapped!  My husband just couldnt believe it was me!  He finally believed, a few tv boards later....  Cheesy

Watches, they dont work either.   They stop cold.  

Sometimes stuff just works weird with me.  Things that are somewhat messed up, with some kind of short, will work for me long after somebody else can no longer run it, but things that work fine for other people, often wont work for me.....

I went to this meeting one time.   This guy brought this little machine that tested everybody's electrical output levels.  It was something he had thrown together, as he was a garage inventor, by hobby.  A friend of mine's, my mother's, and my readings were all extremely high compared to everyone else's.  Mine was the highest tho.  It went off the scale of the machine, when most normal people's was at the low end!

This little "issue" has improved somewhat over the last few years.

and Nile Lily, are you reading my mind, or me yours?  Grin

Also, have you tried consciously manipulating these things that go haywire Nile Lily?  Just curious to see if you get any results!  And what kind...

Gina Smiley

Chihuahuas are like Napoleon, small and think they can rule the world.  If in doubt, just ask them.  They will tell ya Smiley
Journey
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #8: July 09, 2007, 08:43:29 pm »

and Nile Lily, are you reading my mind, or me yours?  Grin

Also, have you tried consciously manipulating these things that go haywire Nile Lily?  Just curious to see if you get any results!  And what kind...

Gina Smiley

I'm not sure who is in who's head here - lol

I see by your profile you are in a state that I have family from....hum....if you are a "native" of that state maybe it's some weird energy connection? -   Grin Beats me!

(I actually run in store doors behind people because the electronic doors do not like to open for me, I have to manually push them open)

I have not tried to manipulate devices - but now that you have got me thinking about it, I am definately going to give it a try. Well, WAIT! Oh my, I just remembered something I forgot all about! I was at a Civic Theater and the lighting box wasn't working - I waved my hand over it jokingly and said - "now it will work" and by George it did! We all had a good laugh and thought it was coincidence. I have no idea why I did what I did. Okay, experiment time!

gayars
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: July 10, 2007, 03:25:00 pm »

I'm not sure who is in who's head here - lol

I see by your profile you are in a state that I have family from....hum....if you are a "native" of that state maybe it's some weird energy connection? -   Grin Beats me!

I have not tried to manipulate devices - but now that you have got me thinking about it, I am definately going to give it a try. Well, WAIT! Oh my, I just remembered something I forgot all about! I was at a Civic Theater and the lighting box wasn't working - I waved my hand over it jokingly and said - "now it will work" and by George it did! We all had a good laugh and thought it was coincidence. I have no idea why I did what I did. Okay, experiment time!

Yep a native, and descended from natives for a few generations.

You will have to let me know how the experiment goes.  Ever make an energy ball?

Gina

RebDog
Journeyman
Last Login:December 10, 2007, 12:02:44 pm

Religion: Northern Tradition/claimed by Odin

Knowest thou how to ask? offer? send? sacrifice?

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #10: July 11, 2007, 05:31:41 am »

In my case, Deity uses whatever Diety wants/needs to.   Cheesy So, for that matter do other spirits.  Family members who have passed on for instance. 
All the posts are really interesting
For me it's usually a distraction to get my attention from either the tv, phone or radio. TV will shut off by itself as if someone else has their own remote control and we are playing duelin' banjos!  I think somebody doesn't like HBO or Cinemax but this never happens when History channel or Food network is on.. Phone has caller ID but nothing shows up and always a low pitch flute type sound on the answering machine <that one really bothers me> Radio is very odd as well, I'll be thinking about a song or a person in my life relating to a specific song and Bam there it's playing, switch station, it happens again. Another thing that occurs at home is the 'always at least one thing missing' that you are looking for..  we always find it near the dog's bed. Our dog's only access in the house is the kitchen, not that a min pin could actually climb a 4 foot high dresser!

Strong is the beam that raised must be
To give an entrance to all;
Give it a ring, or grim will be
The wish it would work on thee.
gayars
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #11: July 11, 2007, 02:21:57 pm »

For me it's usually a distraction to get my attention from either the tv, phone or radio. TV will shut off by itself as if someone else has their own remote control and we are playing duelin' banjos!  I think somebody doesn't like HBO or Cinemax but this never happens when History channel or Food network is on.. Phone has caller ID but nothing shows up and always a low pitch flute type sound on the answering machine <that one really bothers me> Radio is very odd as well, I'll be thinking about a song or a person in my life relating to a specific song and Bam there it's playing, switch station, it happens again. Another thing that occurs at home is the 'always at least one thing missing' that you are looking for..  we always find it near the dog's bed. Our dog's only access in the house is the kitchen, not that a min pin could actually climb a 4 foot high dresser!

Yep, yep, yep!  Ever hear the radio, be singing along with it, then realize it isnt turned on?  You can hear the music coming out of it, even while looking at it and realizing it isnt on.  It is the weirdest thing LOL.

After my husband died, I let a friend have his guitar.  The guitar kept moving.  It would be in a back room, in its case when they went to bed.  The next morning, it would be out of its case by the front door, and somebody wouldnt notice till they were tripping on it.  I let this same friend have his stereo boombox thing.  It was always playing music, and my friend's husband would complain about it coming on in the mornings, thinking she had it set up to do that or something.  She would go check on it to turn it off, and invariably it would be turned off and UNPLUGGED.  He did like his music! Smiley

Recently, (July 1) my computers both got hit by lightning, and took out my daughter's computer, and my modem.  I waited a day to get a new modem for mine, because I had the feeling somebody was telling me we were supposed to be off the computers for some reason.  Maybe to spend time together?   Things are always getting hit by lightning at my house, last year it was my car......

Last night, my cell phone died.  Not just the battery, the whole darn thing!  I switched the sim card to my daughter's spare, and have another one.  I will figure it out.  What the message is I mean.  Just give me time Smiley

Maybe I am supposed to be more introspective now?

Gina

Journey
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #12: July 11, 2007, 02:32:32 pm »

I hear what you are saying. I have been wondering though, how much is me and how much is deity or spirits manipulating things? Maybe a combo? Does the deity or do spirits work through me? Am I just a channell? 

Sounds like you have the same thing going on that I and others have posted.

PS....everything I am looking for turns up in my cat's basket ...BUT nothing unusual there for us..she is just a simple thief! (with full run of the house) Smiley

Gina Smiley

I gave myself a little test -  I have one of those table top Lights and Mist Fountains, well, mine hadn't been working for about a week or so, no matter what I tried - another outlet, cleaning the thing, various water levels...zip.  Last night as an "energy test", I put my had on it, visualized it working, said "pretty lights and mist" turned it on and yep, the thing worked.  I turned it off at bedtime.  This afternoon I was going to try it again, but noticed the water level was too low for it to operate....then thought, "Okay THAT will really be a big test"....did the same thing, turned it on and bing! It worked like a charm!

I don't know what an "energy ball" is?

Purplewitch
Adept Member
Last Login:August 03, 2009, 02:04:40 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: kitchenWitch with Celtic Condiments

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #13: July 11, 2007, 06:23:44 pm »

I don't know what an "energy ball" is?

I'm curious too - in that I'm wondering if Gina is talking about what I'm thinking she is... or something else.

Garnet
Adept Member
Last Login:November 01, 2015, 10:19:49 pm

Religion: Departmental; Eclectic/NeoWiccan, Feri/Morningstar Student, Thelemite

My path is an omelet

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #14: July 11, 2007, 08:38:35 pm »

I associate Djehuty with computers, music tech, and related things (including graphic design).  I associate Seshat with data.  I also associate Hermes with tech.

Djehuty's shrine is on my home computer.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)