The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
May 11, 2021, 10:37:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2021, 10:37:34 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Deity manipulation in the modern world  (Read 8958 times)
gayars
Adept Member
Last Login:January 27, 2009, 02:40:16 pm
United States United States

Religion: Christian Witch

My baby :)

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #15: July 11, 2007, 10:43:46 pm »

I gave myself a little test -  I have one of those table top Lights and Mist Fountains, well, mine hadn't been working for about a week or so, no matter what I tried - another outlet, cleaning the thing, various water levels...zip.  Last night as an "energy test", I put my had on it, visualized it working, said "pretty lights and mist" turned it on and yep, the thing worked.  I turned it off at bedtime.  This afternoon I was going to try it again, but noticed the water level was too low for it to operate....then thought, "Okay THAT will really be a big test"....did the same thing, turned it on and bing! It worked like a charm!

I don't know what an "energy ball" is?

Cool! on your test I mean Smiley  Sounds like some really AWESOME results!

Energy ball.  Okay what my definition of an energy ball is, at least in this context, is like in the following example.  I formed a ball out of energy, handed it to my daughter.  (this was a teaching exercise for my daughter, mind you.  she is 17.)  First she freaked, because she could actually feel it.  I then told her to add some of her own energy to it, then hand it back. We did this back and forth a few times, and the energy changed somewhat each time, I might add.  Then we both asked that the energy we had gathered be released to bring prosperity, happiness, and health to all of our family, and released it, throwing it up and away so it could do its thing, like you would toss a ball in the air.  That is what I meant by energy ball.  Of course, you can form one without another person there, but it is often done in group settings from what I have heard.   I dont normally work much in groups soooooo.

Gina

Chihuahuas are like Napoleon, small and think they can rule the world.  If in doubt, just ask them.  They will tell ya Smiley

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

gayars
Adept Member
Last Login:January 27, 2009, 02:40:16 pm

Religion: Christian Witch

My baby :)

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #16: July 11, 2007, 10:46:35 pm »

I'm curious too - in that I'm wondering if Gina is talking about what I'm thinking she is... or something else.

Well, what do you think I am talking about  Wink

Seriously I answered in my post to Nile Lily, so feel free to tell me if it is or isnt the same.  I wouldnt mind learning if it is something different for that matter.

Gina

Chihuahuas are like Napoleon, small and think they can rule the world.  If in doubt, just ask them.  They will tell ya Smiley
Purplewitch
Adept Member
Last Login:August 03, 2009, 02:04:40 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: kitchenWitch with Celtic Condiments

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #17: July 11, 2007, 10:49:09 pm »

Well, what do you think I am talking about  Wink

Seriously I answered in my post to Nile Lily, so feel free to tell me if it is or isnt the same.  I wouldnt mind learning if it is something different for that matter.

Gina

Well at least now I know we were thinking the same thing. Once upon a time I taught my daughter to do something similar. It used to freak out her father - so she probably still does it Smiley

RebDog
Journeyman
Last Login:December 10, 2007, 12:02:44 pm

Religion: Northern Tradition/claimed by Odin

Knowest thou how to ask? offer? send? sacrifice?

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #18: July 12, 2007, 06:00:18 am »

Yep, yep, yep!  Ever hear the radio, be singing along with it, then realize it isnt turned on?  You can hear the music coming out of it, even while looking at it and realizing it isnt on.  It is the weirdest thing LOL.

That is ~strange~ !!  1st time I'd ever heard of that happening was when my great-aunt passed away. Mom told us the records were playing by themselves! One of Aunties favs was on the turntable just blaring when she came in from hanging laundry. We were at school and nobody believed her at the time... 

Strong is the beam that raised must be
To give an entrance to all;
Give it a ring, or grim will be
The wish it would work on thee.
Adoratrix
Journeyman
Last Login:April 15, 2008, 01:11:00 am
Canada Canada

Religion: Kemetic Reformed

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #19: July 15, 2007, 08:36:02 pm »

Do you ever feel that your Deity manipulates modern technology to get your attention?  Radio/TV/Vehicles, etc. 
Or do you only have experiences through 'natural' occurences?   Weather/Seasons/Time Change, etc. 
Or do you only have experiences through your own invitation to your deity?

There have been a few times where my cable or my internet will just refuse to work. Since it almost always happens when I've been on it for too long or I'm avoiding something, I take it as a Parental push, "You're going to bed right now, young lady" sort of thing.

I also try a little iPod divination by putting it on random and thinking "How is [situation x] going to go?" It's hit and miss but I don't really keep track of the results.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)