The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
January 17, 2021, 08:43:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 17, 2021, 08:43:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Magickal Curriculum  (Read 4086 times)
Sir Oracle
Senior Newbie
Last Login:December 23, 2014, 04:51:11 pm
Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Religion: Chaos Magician/ Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: March 10, 2007, 09:24:30 am »

hi there,
i started researching all things occult (but especially witchcraft and wicca) on Mabon 2006. since then i have been blindly researching topics with little no direction. recently, however, i have decided to structure my learning so as to increase my ability. i am trying to create a kind of curriculum of magickal topics, and i'd like a few opinions. i have a pretty good grasp of magickal theory (i.e. the ideas behind it), knot magick, candle magick and sigil magick. i wish to learn everythign i can, from witchcraft to ceremonial magick to chaos magick (i also am beginning to get a fair grasp of chaos magick). i would appreciate any suggestions as to where i should begin, and where i should progress from there. booklists would be appreciated, though i'm afraid i probably wont be able to get hold of any copies, so online versions would be preferable.

thanks!

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm
United States United States

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: March 10, 2007, 10:17:01 am »

hi there,
i started researching all things occult (but especially witchcraft and wicca) on Mabon 2006. since then i have been blindly researching topics with little no direction. recently, however, i have decided to structure my learning so as to increase my ability. i am trying to create a kind of curriculum of magickal topics, and i'd like a few opinions. i have a pretty good grasp of magickal theory (i.e. the ideas behind it), knot magick, candle magick and sigil magick. i wish to learn everythign i can, from witchcraft to ceremonial magick to chaos magick (i also am beginning to get a fair grasp of chaos magick). i would appreciate any suggestions as to where i should begin, and where i should progress from there. booklists would be appreciated, though i'm afraid i probably wont be able to get hold of any copies, so online versions would be preferable.

thanks!

Welcome to the Cauldron!

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org
Oaksworn
Adept Member
Last Login:December 25, 2017, 06:17:47 pm

Religion: Energy worker with hedgewitch tendencies

Reality is but perception.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: March 10, 2007, 04:13:53 pm »

There was a similar question asked back on the old board I just tripped over so, synchronicity being what it is, I'll pass the link along to you here.

http://www.ecauldron.net/mb/messages.php?webtag=TCMAIN&msg=2072.1

Hope that helps.

"Then I will tell you a great secret, Captain. Perhaps the greatest of all time. The molecules of your body are the same molecules that make up this station, and the nebula outside, that burn inside the stars themselves. We are starstuff. We are the universe made manifest, trying to figure itself out. As we have both learned, sometimes the universe requires a change of perspective. " ~ Delenn, Babylon 5
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #3: March 10, 2007, 06:19:45 pm »

booklists would be appreciated, though i'm afraid i probably wont be able to get hold of any copies, so online versions would be preferable.

Sadly, most good, modern books are still under copyright and hence not available online.  Here are two I highly recommend:

Modern Magick

Mastering Witchcraft

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Sir Oracle
Senior Newbie
Last Login:December 23, 2014, 04:51:11 pm
Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Religion: Chaos Magician/ Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: March 11, 2007, 09:00:45 am »

it doesn't have to be books or anyhting, i was just hoping that you could give me some pointers as to where to look next to improve my magic. thanks for the links, though.
puckiso
Apprentice
Last Login:March 21, 2007, 01:55:25 pm

Religion: Haphazard, sporadic, taoist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: March 20, 2007, 10:42:00 pm »

hi there,

thanks!

Generally speaking;
A course or courses in ethics, mathematics, logic, or other disciplines, that require a rigorous structure and attention to detail would not be amiss, IMHO.  I should think that suach as the above might compliment your studies.

-Tj

Message ends xxxxx blessings dont

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)