The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
June 22, 2021, 02:12:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2021, 02:12:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Working with the Gods on a daily basis...  (Read 4558 times)
AIONIA
Adept Member
Last Login:May 11, 2011, 02:35:41 pm
United States United States

Religion: Existence

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Topic Start: July 23, 2007, 09:55:28 pm »

Disclaimer: This is my first real discussion as a full-member be kind... I've been known to make the occasional mistake...

I’ve felt pulled to the Greek pantheon even when I was little, but only these past two years could I really call myself pagan. I suppose you could call me Hellenic, considering my pantheon, but it’s just never suited me.

But the past two years or so I’ve felt the “deities” very strongly, even hearing voices on a disturbingly regular basis. Then one day about five months ago, when all the anger I’d felt at Apollo for what I felt he’d done to me (long story, past lives involved lets not dwell…) was burned up, I turned to the voice in my head and said, “You’re Apollo aren’t you?” I had an overwhelming feeling of relief, and heard, “It’s about time you figured it out.” Since then he’s always been around; it’s hard to describe how it feels. It’s like when someone is standing by you and you close your eyes, you can still feel them, sense them.

Usually from the time I wake up till around 2pm then from 9pm till the time I go to sleep are the times I feel him the strongest; which I always thought was odd, like he was abandoning me in rush hour. Then as a novelty to myself I put the time in Greece on my ipod; at 2pm where I live it’s around 11pm there, at 9pm here it’s around 6am there. O’ Great Golden One was sleeping, pleased with my discovery I searched him out, “Are you asleep?!” Cranky, cranky, cranky… “Yes, thank god you figured that out!”

When he doesn’t seem to be catching up on his beauty sleep, he hangs around looking over my shoulder and being the mother hen figure in my life. We constantly talk back and forth, and there are times when I catch his emotions; suddenly I’m angry or sad or I just don’t feel like I did. But I do the same thing to him apparently and I often get told to keep my emotions to myself.

He’s usually around as I cook breakfast, and occasionally talks me out of tea or some other treat he’d like. Then around 9pm I try to take time to talk with him, before  finishing out my day under his watchful eye. This has become the time I do offerings and divination for that very reason. I love having him around, it makes me feel safe and secure, like the little empty place in me is filled when he’s with me.

Now that I’m not trying to run away from him or block him out I’ve found he has a great personality. At first he was distant and cool, very much the teacher. Then as we opened up to each other his soft side emerged, he turned into this very calming presence, but he still had his intelligence about him. That’s what’s really shocked me, how deep he gets, and he loves art and music. He’s gotten me hooked on John Mayer, and is trying to introduce me to Dave Matthews.

I was at the record store yesterday and asked him what CD he thought I’d like, I was looking for something along John Mayer’s lines. Nothing jumped out except one CD that was turned so it sat on one corner in the rack. It was Dave Matthews, I’d never been to terribly into them so I set it back straight. Today looking in the itunes store, I looked through John Mayer’s stuff. Guess who was in 3 out of 5 places on the bottom, Related list… Needless to say I’ll be looking into The Dave Matthews Band…

I’ll be the first to admit I’m probably crazy, but I’d like to think I’m not the only one this is happening to. Does anyone else have experiences like this? Funny stories of O’ Holy Ones exploits into daily life? If so I’d love to hear them… If not feel free to speak up with your own ideas…

AIONIA

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Dania
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 17, 2008, 08:11:47 pm

Religion: Gwyddon Seeker

Queen of Hare-Brained Schemes

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #1: July 23, 2007, 10:35:38 pm »

LOL yep. That sounds like me and Marvick (for those who don't know, Marvick is Mars' not-so-much known little brother Grin) I swear he doesn't sleep, except when I do; must've gotten used to Eastern time lol. If you throw other realms with different time frames into the mix it gets really interesting.

Interestingly what you say about Apollo rings true for me too. At least, the cool, distant teacher bit. I don't know him all that well, more like "friend of a friend" polite acquaintance. Occasionally he pops into my head.

I actually find myself interacting with gods constantly, although not on the same level as I interact with Marvick (and occasionally Mars, he does hang around occasionally. Cool guy, really.)

Chaliceocean
Master Member
Last Login:August 13, 2007, 06:02:20 pm

Religion: eclectic pagan

Perfect Love,Perfect Trust)O(

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: July 23, 2007, 11:13:30 pm »

I’ll be the first to admit I’m probably crazy, but I’d like to think I’m not the only one this is happening to. Does anyone else have experiences like this? Funny stories of O’ Holy Ones exploits into daily life? If so I’d love to hear them… If not feel free to speak up with your own ideas…

AIONIA

That sounds like me and The Morrighan. Usually it isn't so much conversation for me as her being in my head ALL THE TIME!lol But mostly her influence comes in the form of crows, I see them in different patterns or singularly, or in certain directions according to what is going on. I also have a running relationship with just the Lord and Lady in general, i see them in the same form but not so much as specific Deities from specific pantheons. Almost always when I need the Lady, I can see her in the night sky flaoting above me, smiling down, and gently guiding me as I unfold what I should already have been aware of,lol.

Bright Blessings.

~Dont believe in anything simply because you have heard it, simply because it's spoken and rumored by many, simply because it is found written in your religious books, in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders, in traditions becuase they have been handed down for many generations. But after careful observation and analysis,when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conductive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.~*~Buddha~*~
AIONIA
Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #3: July 23, 2007, 11:18:06 pm »

Usually it isn't so much conversation for me as her being in my head ALL THE TIME!lol But mostly her influence comes in the form of crows, I see them in different patterns or singularly, or in certain directions according to what is going on.

While I was in Washington, that's how it was with Apollo and I. Except his bird is the raven, they were everywhere. And I know they are native and common there, but every time I saw one I got this warm feeling. Like he was checking in on me.

I've been there every summer for 11 years and I never noticed the ravens like this before.
SunflowerP
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:June 19, 2021, 03:02:41 am
Canada Canada

Religion: Eclectic Wicca-compatible religious Witch (Libertarian Witchcraft)
TCN ID: SunflowerP

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #4: July 24, 2007, 04:50:31 pm »

Sounds like a pretty straightforward "godsbothered" story to me - there are lots of them on TC in its various incarnations, though not always easy to find.

Both Coyote and the Morrigan are pretty much always present for me - I don't think I've ever caught them sleeping, but I have known them to be distracted because they beed to be especially "with" some other thwappee.  (On a couple of occasions, that's worked out to "so-and-so from TC" - more likely to be tM who says that; there are quite a lot of folks here who are hers.)

I can't think of any stories offhand that aren't a bit too personal, or at least that'd require way too much background info, but if any come to mind, I'll post them for you.

Sunflower

Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
I do so have a life.  I just live part of it online.
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others
to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
My blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough", at Dreamwidth and LJ
HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #5: July 24, 2007, 05:36:08 pm »

I've also never had the issue where Apollo takes a nap in the afternoon, but I have been in contact with Him for .. years.  maybe forever?

And the relationship has changed a few times.  Lately it's been more distant than it was - I like to think it's because I've gotten wiser and don't need so much nagging.  I'm already going in the right direction, so I don't need prodding.  As much.

But He's still /there/, if I turn to look.

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org
AIONIA
Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #6: July 24, 2007, 10:49:25 pm »

I can't think of any stories offhand that aren't a bit too personal, or at least that'd require way too much background info, but if any come to mind, I'll post them for you.

I understand, there are lots of stories I wouldn't share with anyone either. There are just somethings that aren't meant to be shared, no matter what.

I've also never had the issue where Apollo takes a nap in the afternoon, but I have been in contact with Him for .. years.  maybe forever?
But He's still /there/, if I turn to look.

Like I said I'd be the first one to tell you I'm probably insane, and if I'm not I can't explain what he does. For all that I'm aware he could just be telling me that so he can sneak away.
Jorgath
Master Member
Last Login:March 31, 2010, 12:47:37 pm

Religion: Walker of the Silver Paths (Eclectic panentheistic path)

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #7: July 25, 2007, 01:16:38 am »

Sounds like a pretty straightforward "godsbothered" story to me - there are lots of them on TC in its various incarnations, though not always easy to find.

Both Coyote and the Morrigan are pretty much always present for me - I don't think I've ever caught them sleeping, but I have known them to be distracted because they beed to be especially "with" some other thwappee.  (On a couple of occasions, that's worked out to "so-and-so from TC" - more likely to be tM who says that; there are quite a lot of folks here who are hers.)

Sunflower

M'Lady's presence is always at the back of my mind, but M'Lady's attention isn't.  The difference is fairly obvious.

"There are some who call me...Tim."
-Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

Walker of the Silver Paths

Live, love, and laugh.
Adoratrix
Journeyman
Last Login:April 15, 2008, 01:11:00 am
Canada Canada

Religion: Kemetic Reformed

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #8: July 27, 2007, 01:38:09 am »

Disclaimer: This is my first real discussion as a full-member be kind... I've been known to make the occasional mistake...

I’ve felt pulled to the Greek pantheon even when I was little, but only these past two years could I really call myself pagan. I suppose you could call me Hellenic, considering my pantheon, but it’s just never suited me.

But the past two years or so I’ve felt the “deities” very strongly, even hearing voices on a disturbingly regular basis. Then one day about five months ago, when all the anger I’d felt at Apollo for what I felt he’d done to me (long story, past lives involved lets not dwell…) was burned up, I turned to the voice in my head and said, “You’re Apollo aren’t you?” I had an overwhelming feeling of relief, and heard, “It’s about time you figured it out.” Since then he’s always been around; it’s hard to describe how it feels. It’s like when someone is standing by you and you close your eyes, you can still feel them, sense them.

Usually from the time I wake up till around 2pm then from 9pm till the time I go to sleep are the times I feel him the strongest; which I always thought was odd, like he was abandoning me in rush hour. Then as a novelty to myself I put the time in Greece on my ipod; at 2pm where I live it’s around 11pm there, at 9pm here it’s around 6am there. O’ Great Golden One was sleeping, pleased with my discovery I searched him out, “Are you asleep?!” Cranky, cranky, cranky… “Yes, thank god you figured that out!”

When he doesn’t seem to be catching up on his beauty sleep, he hangs around looking over my shoulder and being the mother hen figure in my life. We constantly talk back and forth, and there are times when I catch his emotions; suddenly I’m angry or sad or I just don’t feel like I did. But I do the same thing to him apparently and I often get told to keep my emotions to myself.

He’s usually around as I cook breakfast, and occasionally talks me out of tea or some other treat he’d like. Then around 9pm I try to take time to talk with him, before  finishing out my day under his watchful eye. This has become the time I do offerings and divination for that very reason. I love having him around, it makes me feel safe and secure, like the little empty place in me is filled when he’s with me.

Now that I’m not trying to run away from him or block him out I’ve found he has a great personality. At first he was distant and cool, very much the teacher. Then as we opened up to each other his soft side emerged, he turned into this very calming presence, but he still had his intelligence about him. That’s what’s really shocked me, how deep he gets, and he loves art and music. He’s gotten me hooked on John Mayer, and is trying to introduce me to Dave Matthews.

I was at the record store yesterday and asked him what CD he thought I’d like, I was looking for something along John Mayer’s lines. Nothing jumped out except one CD that was turned so it sat on one corner in the rack. It was Dave Matthews, I’d never been to terribly into them so I set it back straight. Today looking in the itunes store, I looked through John Mayer’s stuff. Guess who was in 3 out of 5 places on the bottom, Related list… Needless to say I’ll be looking into The Dave Matthews Band…

I would love to have that kind of relationship with my Gods, but I think They know that I'm too cynical to accept it, too many atheist friends Tongue That and I'm afraid of what They'd have to say to me...Cheesy
Purplewitch
Adept Member
Last Login:August 03, 2009, 02:04:40 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: kitchenWitch with Celtic Condiments

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #9: July 27, 2007, 10:35:57 am »

M'Lady's presence is always at the back of my mind, but M'Lady's attention isn't.  The difference is fairly obvious.

Short, sweet and perfectly explanatory! Smiley

Dania
High Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #10: July 27, 2007, 12:03:21 pm »

It took me a few days for what you meant to "click" but you're right! It's the same way with me and the Gods I work with.

Lorraine
Journeyman
Last Login:January 26, 2021, 10:25:36 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: polytheist but drawn to more than one pantheon

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #11: July 27, 2007, 12:08:26 pm »

I can't say the same in terms of time (I think he was around for longer than the last couple of years in hindsight) but I have been able to feel a strong sense of him at night.  The time difference between here and Greece is 2 hours.  I think there are cycles but I can't discern what they are.  It might be to do with my own energy levels, my own receptivity.   I'm a night owl, used to be quite extreme about it, now I get up earlier/go to bed earlier than I used to but still feel more lively at night quite often.

I do not feel a sense of contact everyday although that happens sometimes for a short period.

And the relationship has changed a few times.  Lately it's been more distant than it was - I like to think it's because I've gotten wiser and don't need so much nagging.  I'm already going in the right direction, so I don't need prodding.  As much.

I wish I could say the same here about the 'wise' part!  I have gone through a recent period of being more distant and felt very insecure about it.  So I wasn't being wise, just needy which is a bit of an unappealing trait of mine where anything spiritual is concerned.  Wanting signs to come out of the ether every 5 minutes to reassure me I'm on the right track all the time.  I think there are things he wants me to get on with and I'm not very good at getting on with it, either.  He doesn't need to nag me because I know what they are and there's no point, I suspect.  I'm gradually learning so perhaps the wisdom will gradually follow.
AIONIA
Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #12: July 28, 2007, 11:14:18 pm »

I wish I could say the same here about the 'wise' part!  I have gone through a recent period of being more distant and felt very insecure about it.  So I wasn't being wise, just needy which is a bit of an unappealing trait of mine where anything spiritual is concerned.  Wanting signs to come out of the ether every 5 minutes to reassure me I'm on the right track all the time.  I think there are things he wants me to get on with and I'm not very good at getting on with it, either.  He doesn't need to nag me because I know what they are and there's no point, I suspect.  I'm gradually learning so perhaps the wisdom will gradually follow.

I get into periods like that were suddenly nothing seems to be going well, and I'm almost ready to quit. I complain, beg for signs, do divination like it's nobody's buisness. But instead of jumping up and babying me he tends to just sit back and wait for my little fit to be over, he's just patient. Then the world starts to spin again and the world isn't terrible for a few days, and I listen... Just not well or for long... He's working on that...

Then there's days where I don't care, I just want to spend the day eating food that's bad for me and wayching crappy TV... He's working on that too...

Journey
Adept Member
Last Login:February 13, 2010, 04:43:29 pm

Religion: None

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #13: July 29, 2007, 12:23:13 am »

AIONIA

Your relationship sounds quite lovely and special!

Although I do not have that kind of relationship with a deity, I do have spirits that hang out with me. A guide and a host of deceased relatives, plus a few others that can float in and out.

They sometimes crop up at the strangest times. I saw an embroidered pillow at a store once but wasn't sure if it would match my sofa. Well, my Grandmother pops up and tells me to buy it (it had a favorite flower of hers on it) but I insisted it wouldn't match the sofa. Then my mother-in-law pops up and says "oh yes it will!" (the sofa we had inherited when she passed on). They then proceeded to have a nice conversation with each other about it as if I wasn't there. Odd thing was they never met in this life but obviously knew each other now!

So, if you are crazy, I am too!

Yes, I did buy the pillow and it matched perfectly.

Blessings to you on your first post.

Dania
High Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #14: July 29, 2007, 08:59:23 am »

Your relationship sounds quite lovely and special!

Although I do not have that kind of relationship with a deity, I do have spirits that hang out with me. A guide and a host of deceased relatives, plus a few others that can float in and out.

They sometimes crop up at the strangest times. I saw an embroidered pillow at a store once but wasn't sure if it would match my sofa. Well, my Grandmother pops up and tells me to buy it (it had a favorite flower of hers on it) but I insisted it wouldn't match the sofa. Then my mother-in-law pops up and says "oh yes it will!" (the sofa we had inherited when she passed on). They then proceeded to have a nice conversation with each other about it as if I wasn't there. Odd thing was they never met in this life but obviously knew each other now!

So, if you are crazy, I am too!

Yes, I did buy the pillow and it matched perfectly.

Blessings to you on your first post.

LOL I could totally imagine that happening with my family!! Cheesy

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)