The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
September 20, 2019, 10:50:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2019, 10:50:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Belonging to a Deity  (Read 13758 times)
Lily
Master Member
Last Login:April 10, 2008, 04:53:56 pm
United States United States

Religion: Lazy polytheist with Kemetic leanings.

Blog entries (6)

Ignore
« Reply #14: July 25, 2007, 02:49:57 pm »

There have been a few (ok more than a few) times I've read on the board about people "belonging to" a Deity or a group of them. I have a few questions about this, if I may:
Note: I'm putting "belong to" in quotation marks because I'm not sure if I'm using the correct term.

1) How did you know that you "belonged" to this or these Deity?

2) What does "belonging to" a Deity entail?

3) Is it possible to "belong to" an Element?

Thank you so much for taking the time. I'm enjoying learning here Smiley

I am one who uses the term "belongs to" when referring to my relationship with Yinepu. It is 100% accurate in description!

1. I know I belong to Him because I was told! Yinepu has been in my life since I was a small child, although I didn't know who He was then. When I found out His identity, it became obvious. Aset came to me and told me "Here, you are His. He claimed you before you were born." Yinepu then took His rightful place in my life and never left my side. He has frequently informed me that I belong to Him.

2. Belonging sounds like I am a possession, but that's not true. I am free to do what I want - which makes me more inclined to include Yinepu in every aspect of my life. It is most definitely NOT a patron/devotee relationship, and He is not Dad (that deity is Set). Yinepu has always been my Beloved. He holds me accountable for my own actions, and I don't shirk from that. I feel a high sense of duty to balance and ma'at due to my relationship with Yinepu, almost as if my actions concerning ma'at reflects Yinepu's influence. I am not set many duties, nor does my Beloved expect too much from me - other than the usual offerings, particularly of sweets and chocolate.  Tongue I do have to maintain a lighthearted approach to living, never losing my inner child.

Basically, belonging to Yinepu involves my whole self, body and soul. No aspect of my life is beyond his attention - f'ex, I am not allowed to date anyone who does not approach the divine and ma'at with less than respect. Education is important, as is time alone without human interaction to get to know myself better. I have to take care of myself as well. These are not decrees, simply things that make Him happy.

3. I have no clue.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)