The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
September 15, 2019, 04:15:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 15, 2019, 04:15:34 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Belonging to a Deity  (Read 13632 times)
Meritsekhmet
Journeyman
Last Login:January 18, 2011, 04:47:40 am
United States United States

Religion: Eclectic Kemetic with Native American shamanic leanings
TCN ID: merisekhmet

Anpu made me do it.

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #3: July 25, 2007, 04:43:20 am »

There have been a few (ok more than a few) times I've read on the board about people "belonging to" a Deity or a group of them. I have a few questions about this, if I may:
Note: I'm putting "belong to" in quotation marks because I'm not sure if I'm using the correct term.

1) How did you know that you "belonged" to this or these Deity?

2) What does "belonging to" a Deity entail?

3) Is it possible to "belong to" an Element?

Thank you so much for taking the time. I'm enjoying learning here Smiley

ok...I know I'm not the most experienced person but I do feel like I can give you MY best answer for  numbers 1 and 2

1)  I follow mainly the Kemetic tradition, as Egypt has always fascinated me it was a natural choice.  I think the first time I realized I was truly chosen by Isis to follow her...I was talking to my best friend and I called Isis "Mommy".  As my relationship with my super-evangelical-christian mother has always been very strained (if not practically non-existent), it was really a relief feel that connection to anyone.  And now I truly feel that I have found my family in the Kemetic pantheon.  I know that at least three goddesses and one god have called me to thier following.  Number one will always and forever by my spiritual mother...Isis, who watches over me always.  Number two I have always thought of a mischevious (yet protective) older brother, Anubis.  And most recently Sekhmet and Bast, who I kind of associate with wise and caring aunts.  And as I have distinct memories of a past life in Egypt, every time I commune with them I feel as if I have come home.

2) I must agree with Jorgath, each person's relationship with a deity is different.  For me (for the most part) Isis, Anubis, Sekhmet, and Bast; they all wish me to think of them and love them as if they were my family.  For Isis I wear a pendant in her image and commune with her often.  For Anubis (Anpu as I call him) I have a tattoo of an Ankh on my chest, to symbolize a promise I made to him.  As for Sekhmet and Bast, I treat all felines with the utmost care and respect...other than that, I have not yet figured out what it is that they wish of me.  But for all of them, I am trying to grow in my faith...I have much to learn and I have no one in particular to turn to for guidance anymore, so I'm kind of at a road block trying to find a way around it.

I hope that was of some help to you, although I feel like I've been babbling a bit too much...lol.

Dork of Massive Proportions

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)