The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
April 23, 2021, 01:22:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2021, 01:22:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mirockinstar's Horses...  (Read 4230 times)
AIONIA
Adept Member
Last Login:May 11, 2011, 02:35:41 pm
United States United States

Religion: Existence

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Topic Start: July 25, 2007, 11:36:47 pm »

These are terrible pictures of my two babies, but I have to post something and it hasn't stopped raining since I got home. Texas is having record rain this year, and of course I missed most of it this summer while I ws with my dad.

This is Missy, also known as Mirockinstar. This would be a wonderful picture of her if her ears weren't back.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z152/AIONIA/Horses6028.jpg?t=1185420620

She's a 5-year-old quarter horse mare, and is currently learning to run barrels. She's been with me since she was born, I'll try to upload baby pictures. She's a total brat, and spoiled to the core, but one of the best horses you could ask for.

This is Jet, who's registered as WR Jettinriffick (sp). He's a Quarter Horse, with lots of Thoroughbred.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z152/AIONIA/Horses2004.jpg?t=1185420835

He's also spoiled, and is Mama's baby boy. He was not treated well before he came to me, but is doing well now. Though because of his issues I'll be working with a trainer to get him riding. He's currently 17hh, at 4 and my vet says as Thoroughbred-y as he is he'll probably keep growing till he's 8. I don't think he'll be becoming a barrel horse.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: July 26, 2007, 08:17:02 am »

These are terrible pictures of my two babies, but I have to post something and it hasn't stopped raining since I got home. Texas is having record rain this year, and of course I missed most of it this summer while I ws with my dad.

Nice horses!  I'm glad to see Jet has a good home now. I really dislike people who mistreat horse.

As for rain, when I went to bed last nice the weather service said we (Waco) had a 30% chance of rain today and 50% tomorrow. I get up this morning to 80% today and 70% tomorrow.  But I guess it beats last years heat and drought.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
AIONIA
Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #2: July 26, 2007, 11:38:45 am »

Nice horses!  I'm glad to see Jet has a good home now. I really dislike people who mistreat horse.

It made me so mad. Because I'm pretty sure that she drugged him when I first rode him at her house, when I got him home he was completely unmanageable.

He's also really head-shy, they put a drag line on him and turned him out on a huge pasture to halter break him.

As for rain, when I went to bed last nice the weather service said we (Waco) had a 30% chance of rain today and 50% tomorrow. I get up this morning to 80% today and 70% tomorrow.  But I guess it beats last years heat and drought.

It definitely beats the sweltering tempatures from last year, but when there's something like 80% humidity outside it doesn't beat it by much. The ground at our house hasn't been dry since the beginning of June.

Maybe praying for all that rain wasn't a good idea...
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #3: July 26, 2007, 05:39:55 pm »

He's also really head-shy, they put a drag line on him and turned him out on a huge pasture to halter break him.

SIGH.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
ShadowcatCM
Adept Member
Last Login:July 16, 2009, 05:14:58 pm

Religion: witchy Pagan - quite eclectic

Every action, even inaction, affects someone.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: July 28, 2007, 04:06:19 pm »

This is Missy, also known as Mirockinstar. This would be a wonderful picture of her if her ears weren't back.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z152/AIONIA/Horses6028.jpg?t=1185420620

She's a 5-year-old quarter horse mare, and is currently learning to run barrels. She's been with me since she was born, I'll try to upload baby pictures. She's a total brat, and spoiled to the core, but one of the best horses you could ask for.

This is Jet, who's registered as WR Jettinriffick (sp). He's a Quarter Horse, with lots of Thoroughbred.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z152/AIONIA/Horses2004.jpg?t=1185420835

He's also spoiled, and is Mama's baby boy. He was not treated well before he came to me, but is doing well now. Though because of his issues I'll be working with a trainer to get him riding. He's currently 17hh, at 4 and my vet says as Thoroughbred-y as he is he'll probably keep growing till he's 8. I don't think he'll be becoming a barrel horse.

Beautiful horses, Mirockinstar. I'm very glad you've got Jet now. I'm sure he'll be happy with you.

Shadowcat Cloudmoon
Chat Host at The Cauldron
AIONIA
Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #5: August 15, 2007, 10:59:14 pm »

After several good days of training with Jet, I've decided tommorow will be the day I ride him. It's the anniversary of when I fell off him and sprained my ankle, my neck, bent my spine out of alignment, etc. So tommorow's going to be a big day, wish me luck. Will get pictures of us together.
Purplewitch
Adept Member
Last Login:August 03, 2009, 02:04:40 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: kitchenWitch with Celtic Condiments

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #6: August 15, 2007, 11:00:04 pm »

After several good days of training with Jet, I've decided tommorow will be the day I ride him. It's the anniversary of when I fell off him and sprained my ankle, my neck, bent my spine out of alignment, etc. So tommorow's going to be a big day, wish me luck. Will get pictures of us together.

Good luck Smiley
Pics are awaited.....

AIONIA
Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #7: August 16, 2007, 06:06:14 pm »

Good luck Smiley
Pics are awaited.....

Riding will have to wait, hurricane just rolled into town and there's water everywhere. The drive home from school was terrible, and it's still moving our way.
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #8: August 16, 2007, 06:08:21 pm »

Riding will have to wait, hurricane just rolled into town and there's water everywhere. The drive home from school was terrible, and it's still moving our way.

So far none of the predicted rain in Waco. But it is cloudy and 89 (instead of the 102 we had yesterday).

Randall
AIONIA
Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #9: August 16, 2007, 06:11:02 pm »

So far none of the predicted rain in Waco. But it is cloudy and 89 (instead of the 102 we had yesterday).

It's pouring here. I drove by the big racetrack, Retama, and couldn't see it. It's Huge! And the whole thing was just a cloud of rain...
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #10: August 16, 2007, 06:15:16 pm »

It's pouring here. I drove by the big racetrack, Retama, and couldn't see it. It's Huge! And the whole thing was just a cloud of rain...

If you can't see Retama from the road, it is really pouring. Of course, I think the storm tracked right through San Antonio so I bet the area is getting lots of rain.  Which means San Antonio is flooding again. That's one thing I don't miss about San Antonio: roads that flood with a few drops of rain.

Randall
AIONIA
Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #11: August 16, 2007, 06:29:20 pm »

If you can't see Retama from the road, it is really pouring. Of course, I think the storm tracked right through San Antonio so I bet the area is getting lots of rain.  Which means San Antonio is flooding again. That's one thing I don't miss about San Antonio: roads that flood with a few drops of rain.

It is flooding, there was at least 1/2 an inch on the side roads. And some of the side roads were already closed off, the downtown mix has already closed down the bottom roads. I'm hoping I can get in tommorow, I'll be angry if I miss the second day of orientation and have to pay for it again...
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #12: August 16, 2007, 10:42:07 pm »

...the downtown mix has already closed down the bottom roads.

I was very happy to see i35 downtown double-decked, not only because the extra lanes were needed, but because the upper lanes didn't flood in a heavy rain. (Can you tell I spend too much of my life in San Antonio? LOL)

Randall
AIONIA
Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #13: August 18, 2007, 03:51:03 pm »

Riding will have to wait...

I think I'm going to give up on riding him; today I went out to see him and he gashed up his face, with one huge cut above his lip. Maybe it's a sign...
AIONIA
Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #14: August 26, 2007, 10:48:14 pm »

I rode him tonight, even though it was just for a few minutes I'm so excited!

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)