The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
April 08, 2020, 08:51:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 08, 2020, 08:51:27 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Your Biggest Magical Mistake  (Read 8545 times)
Purplewitch
Adept Member
Last Login:August 03, 2009, 02:04:40 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: kitchenWitch with Celtic Condiments

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #30: August 09, 2007, 12:59:32 pm »

So do I. I get a bit squicky about the free will issues involved, and I don't want to attract every slimeball out there either.

I don't do love spells, period. And usually I get squicky about free will, although there have been exceptions. *shrugs* it depends on circumstance and necessity. (or at least my opinion thereof)

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Celtee
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:May 02, 2013, 06:50:08 pm
United States United States

Religion: Wandering Seeker with Celtic and Hedgewitch leanings
TCN ID: SilverWolf

The lone wolf waits...

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #31: August 09, 2007, 11:17:09 pm »

I did caution her not to underestimate it just because it was funny and simple.

Well, three pennies didn't seem like much to her, so she emptied her entire penny jar into the drawer, and repeated the charm a few extra times just to 'nail it'. 

Well, ya did warn her to not underestimate it.  Tweren't nobody's fault but her own what happened.

As for me, I haven't got any funny stories to share with ya'll; I'm sorry.

"It's only forever
Not long at all"
~~Jareth

"Time may change me
But I can't trace time
I said that time may change me
But I can't trace time"
Changes
~~ David Bowie

"Why do you have to be a nonconformist like everybody else?"
~~James Thurber
Reona
Master Member
Last Login:November 06, 2008, 01:36:15 pm

Religion: eclectic Witch

My cat, Boots.

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #32: August 20, 2007, 12:43:33 pm »

I thought it might be useful for the newer witches/magicians if the more experienced folk in here contributed to a list of magical mistakes they've made (come on, admit it, we've all had our fingers burned).

This was back before I began seriously studying witchcraft purely for the Craft’s sake, because before witchcraft it had to be ghosts. I think I was 15 years old when during one of my Halloween parties it was suggested we do a little mirror gazing. Now, at the time I had not an inkling that I was doing a type of scrying. I believe in ghosts and spirits and I was fully ready to make a total mistake messing with it.

We put a large full length mirror on top of the table and sat around it. I can remember that the mirror got cloudy and that the fog appeared to be moving around behind the surface of the mirror. We weren’t trying to contact any particular person and we hadn’t put up any wards. We were teenagers and I knew just enough to be dangerous. At some point a loud noise happened on the other side of the basement and everyone startled. Of course, everyone screamed and jumped up. This knocked over the mirror and it tipped onto the floor. I can still hear the sound as it broke and remember thinking “oh crap.” My heart sank when I saw the clear mirror with its huge crack.

You can imagine what followed. It took me until December of that year to get rid of whatever had come out that night. I haven’t done any scrying of that type since and I often have to put my foot down when others I am with want to try similar adventures. Of course, it was that little mistake that started my serious studying but what a way to learn!

gayars
Adept Member
Last Login:January 27, 2009, 02:40:16 pm

Religion: Christian Witch

My baby :)

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #33: August 20, 2007, 02:30:29 pm »

This was back before I began seriously studying witchcraft purely for the Craft’s sake, because before witchcraft it had to be ghosts. I think I was 15 years old when during one of my Halloween parties it was You can imagine what followed. It took me until December of that year to get rid of whatever had come out that night. I haven’t done any scrying of that type since and I often have to put my foot down when others I am with want to try similar adventures. Of course, it was that little mistake that started my serious studying but what a way to learn!

This reminds me of some experiences I had with spirits in my teen years with automatic writing.  Similar issues, no true idea of what to do for shielding, etc.  I at least realized we NEEDED something, but had no clue how to go about doing it!

Anyway, suffice it to say, the quality of information deteriorated over time  Cheesy

Gina

Chihuahuas are like Napoleon, small and think they can rule the world.  If in doubt, just ask them.  They will tell ya Smiley
Meritsekhmet
Journeyman
Last Login:January 18, 2011, 04:47:40 am

Religion: Eclectic Kemetic with Native American shamanic leanings
TCN ID: merisekhmet

Anpu made me do it.

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #34: August 20, 2007, 03:57:17 pm »

I thought it might be useful for the newer witches/magicians if the more experienced folk in here contributed to a list of magical mistakes they've made (come on, admit it, we've all had our fingers burned).

Well, I may not be a witch but this one thing spooked me out of doing magic at all for years.

There was alot of drama involved with a bad decision that I made, and a guy that had a large envolvement seemed to feel no remorse for hurting everyone.  Even though it was mainly his fault.  So I thought about it and decided that I would do something.  I lit a candle for remembrance and prayed that he wouldn't forget what he had done.  That was all.  But apparently I didn't specify well enough because the following month was one of the worst months of my life.  And oh he remembered all right, but not in the way I was asking.   Embarrassed 

I will never do anything like that again, because now that I look back that was like putting a target on my back.  Like saying "hey karma, in case you didn't notice me, here's a target to help your aim."  And I just flat out shouldn't have messed with him at all.  It was a really bad decision.

Dork of Massive Proportions

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

EU Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. By using this site you consent to their use.